Photo

No Sound

Best Answer Tig , 06 December 2017 - 08:27 PM

Thanks for all the great advice. After playing a few courses I noticed that some have louder bg sounds than others. The only music I ever hear is while the game loads 50% then music stops. Most sounds in game are anemic. But, I'm still getting used to this golf game. I really miss Links and Tiger Woods. This game is but a shadow of those two games in my opinion. But at least I can now play golf. I've  found nothing else out  there and I've been looking for  a while.

Thanks again for the "sound" advice!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tig

Tig

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, Fla

Posted 04 December 2017 - 05:09 PM

Just bought JN Perfect Golf and played a few holes but am getting no sound.  I have a new Dell Gaming Laptop and should  have no problem getting sound. Sound works on everything  else except Perfect Golf. Can you help?

Regards,

Mike

#2 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 04 December 2017 - 05:28 PM

I find the game very quiet on courses that have no bird song etc, the effect of club hitting ball could be vastly improved and made louder imo, it should work though, sounds daft but make sure the audio settings for game are maxed and ur lapper sound is maxed, or even run some speakers to the headphone socket of ur laptop, i'm guessing none of this will help though.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#3 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 04 December 2017 - 07:19 PM

If you click on Settings - Audio you will see three different audio settings, Music, Background and In Game sounds.  There are sliders for all three so you can adjust each to your preference.  I don't know what the default is for a new install but maybe that is the issue.  Also as DoGgz says,  the background sounds for courses range in volume.  There are a small number of community courses where there isn't any background sound at all.  I find that I have to turn up the volume of my speakers for JNPG compared to other games that I have installed.

RTSM - Pro

#4 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 05 December 2017 - 01:55 AM

In Game sounds are the ball hits and landings - set them to 100% and set the volume of your playback system so the loudness of the ball strikes are at a volume you like.

Background sounds are the ambient sounds on the course - birds, insects, etc. - set them at about 60% or to taste.

Music - set to your own personal preference but should not be set above 50% (Mine's at 5%).  The music file has been "normalized" which means the level of the music in the file was increased so the loudest portion would reach 0 on a digital audio meter (that's the maximum signal level that digital can handle).  In a properly calibrated audio playback system (such as a theatre or recording studio) that would equate to a loudness volume of 106 decibels - that would be a very loud rock concert volume.  Most home listening is done in the 70 - 75 decibel range.  

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#5 Tig

Tig

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, Fla

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:27 PM   Best Answer

Thanks for all the great advice. After playing a few courses I noticed that some have louder bg sounds than others. The only music I ever hear is while the game loads 50% then music stops. Most sounds in game are anemic. But, I'm still getting used to this golf game. I really miss Links and Tiger Woods. This game is but a shadow of those two games in my opinion. But at least I can now play golf. I've  found nothing else out  there and I've been looking for  a while.

Thanks again for the "sound" advice!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users