Photo

Needs realtime swing with motion swing .....

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Splash

Splash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationUSA / Michigan

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:57 PM

It's impossible it seems ... how to judge how high club is coming up for chips, half swings. I find it very tough going by meter. Might have to go 3 click .... ugh didn't want too.

AMD 8350 @ 4.8 / XSPC Raystorm H2O Kit & RX240 Radiator

ASRock 990FX Extreme 9

Kingston HyperX Beast 1866 CL 9-10-11 @ 1.5 volt

EVGA 980ti Classified @ 1521 / 1.21 volt

2 Kingston 3K 120 GB SSD's [System & Game Drives]

CoolerMaster Silent Pro 1000w PS

CoolerMaster HAF 922 Case

Panasonic 55 inch Viera Plasma 60Hz [DSR 3840 x 2160 - 60Hz for gaming]

7.1 Realtek Onboard / Optic Cable to ONKYO 1000w Rec. @ 24Bit / 192

7 Terabyte of Western Digital & Seagate SATA Storage

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

Charter Cable Internet / 65MB sec. Down & 5MB sec. Up

#2 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:06 PM

It's impossible it seems ... how to judge how high club is coming up for chips, half swings. I find it very tough going by meter. Might have to go 3 click .... ugh didn't want too.

Well, if you do, I'm sure that it's only temporary.

Richard

Posted Image

#3 Splash

Splash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationUSA / Michigan

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:59 AM

No, I don't want too, just tuff not seeing where club head is for me. I'm use to TW I guess but that wasn't a bad thing. The rest I can convert to, but needs realtime swing to me anyway.

ASRock 990FX Extreme 9

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

#4 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:02 AM

No, I don't want too, just tuff not seeing where club head is for me. I'm use to TW I guess but that wasn't a bad thing. The rest I can convert to, but needs realtime swing to me anyway.

Well as my friend and fellow tester Daz says, 'Patience grasshopper'. It's coming, I promise. Or, as Mike likes to say, 'trust me'. You are in a large group asking for this so I believe that it will receive high priority. I do believe however, that requires finalization of the avatar also. The two obvious go together.

Richard

Posted Image

#5 Splash

Splash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationUSA / Michigan

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:04 AM

O ya, I figured it would, wasn't expecting it tomorrow just saying that it needed it. I know its a work in progress.

ASRock 990FX Extreme 9

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

#6 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:53 AM

I play motion swing and in lieu of being able to watch the ani I just watch the marker on the swing meter - that's my "clubhead" - and have found it works fine.  Does take a bit of getting used to, though.  

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#7 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 24 January 2015 - 06:13 AM

I play motion swing and in lieu of being able to watch the ani I just watch the marker on the swing meter - that's my "clubhead" - and have found it works fine.  Does take a bit of getting used to, though.  

Yeah this is the key try and watch the meter - not to be a smart aleck but in real golf you don't watch your club head either - its all about feel which is what they desire to accomplish here - I wish we could do motion swing in the center of the screen in TW ya click below the golfer but screw it I'm used to it now but I had to Humble Myself and go to the practice range I spent hours there - I would set it on mulligans at some hole on some course like Shadow Lands and practice the same chip shots over and over. TRY A different chipping club too some you can move farther its easier. Write down on paper how far the chip goes when it is at different points. The PGA pros practice all the time too. 

I get nice shot (ns) all the time in multiplay when I chip but my putting it's embarrassing I need to practice it more -- I chip it real close then I miss the put .. .Wheeeee !!!

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

#8 Splash

Splash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationUSA / Michigan

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:51 PM

Yeah this is the key try and watch the meter - not to be a smart aleck but in real golf you don't watch your club head either - its all about feel which is what they desire to accomplish here - I wish we could do motion swing in the center of the screen in TW ya click below the golfer but screw it I'm used to it now but I had to Humble Myself and go to the practice range I spent hours there - I would set it on mulligans at some hole on some course like Shadow Lands and practice the same chip shots over and over. TRY A different chipping club too some you can move farther its easier. Write down on paper how far the chip goes when it is at different points. The PGA pros practice all the time too. 

I get nice shot (ns) all the time in multiplay when I chip but my putting it's embarrassing I need to practice it more -- I chip it real close then I miss the put .. .Wheeeee !!!

Sorry bud but gotta disagree, If I was 3 click then I'd say ya, but motion swing if you add realtime swing you could get rid of meter all together, there would be no need for it. Like I say I'm going off playing TW 08 with no aids ... ect. I'm not saying game is bad at all. Hey we all got opinions, this is just mine.

ASRock 990FX Extreme 9

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

#9 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 24 January 2015 - 06:11 PM

Sorry bud but gotta disagree, If I was 3 click then I'd say ya, but motion swing if you add realtime swing you could get rid of meter all together, there would be no need for it. Like I say I'm going off playing TW 08 with no aids ... ect. I'm not saying game is bad at all. Hey we all got opinions, this is just mine.

This is the intention in the long run.

For PP to integrate the mouse-swing in to the game, it had to be linked to the meter, as the golfer animation is merely a placeholder and not yet at a level where it can be tuned to a real time swing.

I guess as far as including it in its current guise it was devil if they do, devil if they don't.

Do and folks criticize it for not being a real-time swing.

Don't and folks criticize for there only being a click swing.

FFS, who'd be a game developer, eh?

:D

#10 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:04 PM

Do NOT think of going 3-click. I've been having a long cession today, about 4 hours off and on. All work on the driving range with the Motion Swing. I come from the Links03 Real Time Swing, so I'ts not that a biggy I thought. Well... it is and it ain't. :huh:

First of all I spend half an hour looking at Mike Jones video on the range banging shots. After that I went at it, trying to copy MJ's rhythm and tempo ('ratio'). The great thing in PG on the range is the amount of post-shot information one gets. If you've watched MJ's cession closely and made some note's of his post-shots stats, you'll soon find the same kind of rhythm in your own shots. I've worked the bag after that, banging balls full swing for about an hour until my balls went the way they -just about-  should (remember, even swinging on plane with the right rhythm you still can push-fade / pull-draw balls, if you don't come square to the ball with the clubface! <_<

Anyway, after that I started a cession on chipping, going through all kinds of shotmaking from standard chip's to flop and super-flop (depending on the pre-shot option [double clicking in the swingmeter]). Trying lobshots, chipshots with 64 degree wedge, and putting down on paper carries and roll. (I strongly advise to make some note's during practice, especially regarding the short shots with wedges because these are surely going to come in handy around the greens).

The key when practicing is first of all trying to hit around the 100% power notch and not higher, especially when chipping. Going beyond is no problem ofcourse but then your 'ratio' can get tricky [should always try to be around 0,20 -0,25%]. Anyway, I found a way to do some practice on the short game even on the range, by turning the Avatar 45 degrees. You then get a nice piece of short stuff on which you can practice chips and little lobs of different kind with different clubs (I use everything from 7 iron to 64 degree lobwedge.) :)

Although the game still is in it's infancy, I can already state that this swing surpasses the RTS swing in Links. It's just a question of polishing it up etc. Today, after a long first cession on the range I felt very pleased with the first results. I then took it to a course for a first (practice mode) encounter and see how things would hold up out there. I played 9 holes: made 2 pars(!), 4 bogeys, 2 d-bogeys and 1 triple. Lost a lot shots ON the green, which is understandable, because I have not practiced this really. Putting is a different affair. Had a couple of shots out of the rough, some chips and lob's around the green and even 2 bunker shots. Anyway, I left the course feeling okay I guess. Once the camera view of the player/avatar is enhanced/improved, things will fall in to place. But practicing on the range should be foremost in the beginning. Just to (generally) know what to expect from all these different types of shots.

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#11 Splash

Splash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationUSA / Michigan

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:26 PM

I'm not debating how the swing works, he did a awesome job with how it works and acts ect. I'm just debating having to use the meter to judge the power, and it really matters with half swings, chipping ect. I think he got it right on as far as mechanics, can't get anything closer without actually having a club in your hand I think highly on his design of it. I find it a lot more realistic by far.

ASRock 990FX Extreme 9

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

#12 Splash

Splash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationUSA / Michigan

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:29 PM

This is the intention in the long run.

For PP to integrate the mouse-swing in to the game, it had to be linked to the meter, as the golfer animation is merely a placeholder and not yet at a level where it can be tuned to a real time swing.

I guess as far as including it in its current guise it was devil if they do, devil if they don't.

Do and folks criticize it for not being a real-time swing.

Don't and folks criticize for there only being a click swing.

FFS, who'd be a game developer, eh?

:D

I totally understand bud ... I really didn't mean as a bashing of the game, just suggestion.

ASRock 990FX Extreme 9

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

#13 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:40 PM

I totally understand bud ... I really didn't mean as a bashing of the game, just suggestion.

Yep it's high on our list of new features we want to implement. I agree with you. We will probably keep the motion swing meter as an option though. Through necessity I have grown quite fond of it!

#14 Splash

Splash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationUSA / Michigan

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:57 PM

Not that it matters, but I agree as making it an option I'm sure some like it. Option's Option's Option's ...lol Thx for reply Mike.

ASRock 990FX Extreme 9

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit