#1 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Locationmarble falls tx

Posted 23 December 2017 - 09:27 PM

Greetings and happy holidays to all,Trump National Bedminster  old course and new course have been uploaded to OGT,should be available soon.Both courses done on 1 plot of land, and the last time i will ever attempt to do such a thing again. What was i thinking! lol! this is my 9th and 10th course release and my last one until PG2. thanks to all the testers ,and to OGT for supporting  us designers.Hope you enjoy.

• Charles likes this

shadowcreek: tpc avenel:tpc san antonio:valhalla:quail hollow:trump coltsneck:hudson valley:ferry point:bedminster old and new course

Pasatiempo:Kingswood:Carnoustie:Augusta:SandHollow:TPC Summerlin

#2 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 24 December 2017 - 02:19 PM

Thanks for all the great work Quade. Your courses are fantastic and with the Bedminster courses completed (phew!) we now have a great bunch of stellar venues to enjoy in our beloved golfgame. Happy Christmas & Holidays to you! Hopefully you will have some more time now to start playing LOL! ;) :D 

• Skunky likes this

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#3 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 06:40 PM

thanks charles looking forward to playin a few rounds with you guys,happy holidays to you also. :D

shadowcreek: tpc avenel:tpc san antonio:valhalla:quail hollow:trump coltsneck:hudson valley:ferry point:bedminster old and new course

#4 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 05:44 PM

Too bad you're not planning on releasing any more courses until PG2.  Hopefully you'll change your mind considering the possibility that PG2 might not be out until 2019.

Whatever the case, much thanks for all the great courses you've designed thus far.  Happy Holidays!

#5 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,536 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 06:00 PM

Too bad you're not planning on releasing any more courses until PG2.  Hopefully you'll change your mind considering the possibility that PG2 might not be out until 2019.

That's the #1 reason I wish PP devs would give us some idea of a ballpark for PG2 timing.

If it really won't be until essentially a year from now, it seems like it'd be good for course designers to know that and perhaps some might feel different about proceeding ahead with a project that might be shelved right now.

Maybe they've reached out behind the scenes though and some people are in the know more than just forum users are though..

#6 MimicPS

MimicPS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:51 AM

Hi Quade,

I realize that you may not be revisiting this design before a future PG2 release comes about, but if you do at some point, I have a few instances of putts which look like there maybe be some issues with cup depth.

Different holes (#2, #6 and #14) and two different players.

One may be a legitimate bounce and spin from back of cup after hitting a shade too hard, but others look to be genuine pop-outs.

28900433598_d67b22efae_b.jpg

42056673514_3dbe70db93_b.jpg

40963255630_6fbc044d90_b.jpg

#7 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:00 PM

I had the dreaded "popout" on  a green on Aronimink and the reason for it was I had a Tee Texture instead of a Fairway texture. Changed it to the right texture and it was gone. Just maybe something to check.

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#8 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:11 PM

I'm glad someone figured out why that happens.  I've had that issue on a few courses, most recently this week at Matthew Rose's Prairie Dunes

#9 Drgnslyr221

Drgnslyr221

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationLakewood, CO

Posted 13 June 2018 - 06:12 PM

I heard hole #13 was called "dog whistle"

#10 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:16 PM

tee texture? fairway texture? shouldn't it be green texture? and if you use a texture thats not green texture  wouldn't that change how far ball rolls in regard to stimp?

Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#11 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:37 PM

Actually, the texture can be anything or any color.

It's the Spline/Mesh that must have the correct assignation of Green.

As for the Pop-out, I would first check to see if I had accidentally

duplicated or created a second terrain.

Also moving pins around without first selecting the correct hole

that they are being moved on can cause problems.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#12 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:55 PM

Ok one more try.  I used the proper green spline but inadvertently used one of my Tee Splines as the Fairway Spline.  This was the only thing I had wrong on that hole and once I used the Proper Fairway spline, the ball quit popping out.

Sorry for the mixup but yes, I used a Tee spline instead of a Fairway spline. I know we're talking about the ball popping out of the cup but that's what was causing it to happen to me.

So check that you have the proper Fairway spline surrounding your green.

That's all I know, that's what happened to me and that is what I had done wrong and that is what fixed it.

Peace

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#13 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:57 PM

tee texture? fairway texture? shouldn't it be green texture? and if you use a texture thats not green texture  wouldn't that change how far ball rolls in regard to stimp?

I should have said "Tee Spline" I used instead of a "Fairway Spline" that surrounded the "Green Spline" . In other words me using a Tee Spline for a Fairway Spline was causing the ball to pop out.

Don't ask me how or why but once I fixed the Fairway spline, no more pop outs. BOOM! :D

Note: I know, you may think I had the wrong Green Spline but it was the wrong Fairway spline. Anyway, that's all I did and it fixed the problem. The ball was popping out on Hole #8 #10 which is a shared green and Fairway on Aronimink GC. If memory serves me, it was the green on hole #

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#14 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:07 PM

I agree Axe, using any Spline/Mesh in the wrong area would

confuse CF, and it would retaliate.

• axe360 likes this

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#15 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:08 PM

Thanks Neal.  Seams Seems  like you couldn't make a mistake like that. I mean Tee Horizontal, is far away from Fairway Horizontal but you get going and anything can happen. lol

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#16 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:15 PM

" SEAMS" ,  now that's funny, lol.

Murphy's Law...If it can happen, it will.

• axe360 likes this

#17 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:17 PM

LOL there ya go.

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#18 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:49 PM

Hey guys,i went and had a look ,all the splines are fine,but i have a theory,i may have worked on those greens(smoothing) and forgot to refresh the splines.ive gone thru and refreshed all the splines ,changed a few textures and objects,and should have a new version up at ogt,this weekend,so far i cant replicate the  popouts,so i think that was the problem.

• xooze likes this

#19 MimicPS

MimicPS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 08:24 AM

Thanks for the look over it Quade... looking forward to an updated version, and we'll schedule something on the course to give it a proper test to make sure that has cured any issues going forward.

#20 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 04:09 PM

new version is up at OGT testing area.check out my new course too, Pasatiempo,its also up for testing.just added a new version of TPC  Avenel for next weeks tourney also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users