11 replies to this topic

#1 grumpter

grumpter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 05:24 PM

What are the parameters for 1 putt, 2 putt or 3 putt (if it even goes that high)?

• highfade and AndrewCep like this

#2 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 07:37 PM

This new feature appears to be random auto between 1 and 3 putts.   It's disabled in tournament play.  FS and TM players can use auto putt in tournament play but limited to 10ft or less = 1 putt and anything beyond that is a 2 putt.

#3 grumpter

grumpter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 12:41 AM

2 putt for anything over 10 ft is how I have experienced other simulator/software use and it seemed to work well. I'm afraid any randomness would lead to eventual arguments for my local players. I wonder if there is a way to setup the auto-putt to 10 ft or less =1 putt for local play...

Does Tournament play not include SkyTrak users?

#4 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 01:18 AM

2 putt for anything over 10 ft is how I have experienced other simulator/software use and it seemed to work well. I'm afraid any randomness would lead to eventual arguments for my local players. I wonder if there is a way to setup the auto-putt to 10 ft or less =1 putt for local play...

Autoputt is disabled during tournament play for GC2 and skytrak users.  Once you have things working good, putting with Skytrak and GC2 is accurate and a lot of fun.   There are many Skytrak players on OGT simulator Tour.

Tour standings:  http://simulation.on...s.html?id=10036

To join OGT and get skytrak assistance, join OGT JNPG discord chat:  https://discord.gg/veTtjdU

#5 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 05:55 AM

SkyTrak users have a very good experience putting in JNPG, as SimConsole has quite an effective algorithm in place to help out SkyTrak's accuracy. In the old putting skills test where you get to repeat a putt 3 times, I found it amazing I could so accurately adjust my line and strength to make the putt, and usually know the moment I hit a putt how it would miss.

#6 grumpter

grumpter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:58 PM

Wish I could have that much confidence in putting distance accuracy but my experience, along with others that I have had over to try it out, is it is very hard to get control with putting. However, I have mostly played public courses which tend be on the slower side. The game set to 8 Stimp seems much too fast as compared to many public courses I have played actual rounds at.

#7 Trip

Trip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:57 PM

How do you turn this new feature on? I can't find it in settings or game setup.

#8 grumpter

grumpter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 05:26 PM

Not sure, it has always just been there for me since they added the feature for simulators. Once I get to the putting green on the first hole it pops up a window asking if I want Auto-putt enabled or disabled. The only time it doesn't show up is when I play as a PC game for testing and the main difference might be I check Gimmees for the Sim use and not for PC play. IDK.

#9 Trip

Trip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 09:53 AM

Yes, it does that for me too. I hadn't got that far, I assumed I'd need to set it beforehand.

What a cack-handed way of implementing that feature. It even asks you again if you save the game and restart later. Odd. 

• grumpter likes this

#10 grumpter

grumpter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:28 PM

Oh, I thought maybe you were getting nothing at all. I think it was thrown in as a quick and dirty option and since it wasn't needed for the PC side they just threw it in at the beginning of a sim round. Therefore avoiding having to change the front-end UI. IDK.

I'm sure the way it is implemented has saved me from having to restart a round a few times. Often enough I forget to change one of the many settings and have to back out and restart once it is realized (or just suffer through it).

#11 Jwheels9876

Jwheels9876

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 06:34 PM

Played Georgia Pines today with auto putt enabled. Played mostly good with 2 putts outside 10 feet and had one 1 putt from 10 feet. Then a 3 putt from 64 feet which I wasn't mad at but then a 3 putt from 13 feet lol. That shouldn't be in there.

#12 grumpter

grumpter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 12:35 AM

I think it is just pretty much random. The only time I use it is when I am looking to get in a quicker round.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users