11 replies to this topic

#1 grumpter

grumpter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 12:17 AM

1) Is there any way to auto continue after so many seconds at the scorecard screen rather than manually having to click Close after every hole?

2a) If I change the view by pressing the C key once the view of each shot is much better from my perspective but after each shot the view resets. Any way to keep the view I want?

2b) In that second view I like above the camera no longer follows the ball so I can't see what is happening with the shot until it almost lands. Any way to have that view follow the ball like the default view is set for me?

#2 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:18 AM

1) Under Settings/game/Post Shot Screen Display...lower the number of seconds to what suits you.

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#3 grumpter

grumpter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:04 AM

Right, that transitions to the next shot which is wonderful. However, when the hole is completed it transitions from the last shot to the score card where I have to walk over to the computer and manually click close for the score card.

#4 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:21 AM

Under "Settings/Game" the "Scorecrard/Leaderboard at End of Hole" can be set to either ON or OFF only.  No timer like the "Post Shot Screen".

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#5 grumpter

grumpter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:04 PM

Awesome. Any help with 2a and/or 2b (view change)?

#6 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:43 PM

You can change your default view in Settings, but the only one that will follow the ball through the air is the Player cam.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#7 grumpter

grumpter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:39 PM

I was hoping it would follow the ball as I can't follow the tracer when the ball is against the sky. I poked around the forum and see there is a way to change the color with an autoexec.cfg text file. I will give that a go.

#8 wjf67

wjf67

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:57 AM

Just downloaded the sim version to see how it looks and plays on my PC, before I subscribe. My launch monitor is SkyTrak.

It looks good, but I have a few questions:

1. Can it be set to automatically show a replay, or do you always need to manually select it?

2. The flyby seems slow. Can it be speeded up?

3. Is there a boost button (at least for non-competition play) for using limited flight golf balls?

Thanks in advance.

#9 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 15 January 2018 - 02:05 PM

No, Yes, I don't know.

Refer to my response here:

http://www.perfectpa...-view/?p=152178

• wjf67 likes this

#10 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 02:48 PM

Just downloaded the sim version to see how it looks and plays on my PC, before I subscribe. My launch monitor is SkyTrak.
It looks good, but I have a few questions:
3. Is there a boost button (at least for non-competition play) for using limited flight golf balls?
Thanks in advance.

No

#11 grumpter

grumpter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:22 PM

One roundabout way you might be able to get a boost is to design a course at elevation. I don't know what the elevation limit would be for perfect golf though and also don't know if at say 20,000 feet if it would be enough of a boost if using foam golf balls.

#12 SFR

SFR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:07 PM

One roundabout way you might be able to get a boost is to design a course at elevation. I don't know what the elevation limit would be for perfect golf though and also don't know if at say 20,000 feet if it would be enough of a boost if using foam golf balls.

This is a good idea for those that need to boost and most likely the best option on a SkyTrak in order to play.  But there is a bit of an issue yet with most limited flight balls in that they do not seem to be a set 10% or 20% less carry for all clubs.  In fact I found the almost balls are very close on wedge shots inside the 100 yard range or so and then as you move to the driver the % change grows.

So at least you could play the course and best would be to error on the higher side of elevation which may be between the 6000 and 10000 range and then know the wedges and shorter clubs are a bit long but the longer clubs are closer to real.

Try Castle Pines in Colorado as I think it is in the 6000 range and would give an idea if the elevation was going to help and see how close that setting was. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users