#1 drillerman

drillerman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:09 AM

Good morning everyone,

It's been a while since I've last posted. Real life took over and I was unable to dedicate time to JNPG. 

However, I now seem to have some time and thought I'd try and get back into it. Interestingly, the actual game plays a lot smoother now and the ball physics appear to be more realistic, especially around the hole.

Anyway, I have been dabbling with course forge, after reacquainting myself with Mike's Fab tutorials and have one question:

Is there a way to copy a shape, say semi rough and then paste it. If this could be done you could then shrink the pasted shape, change it to a fairway and lay it directly on top of the semi rough. This would save a lot of time.

Regards

#2 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:43 AM

Pretty sure thats not possible, maybe it will be an option with PG2 and the version of CF that may come with it...who knows.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#3 drillerman

drillerman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:48 PM

Thanks for the reply. No, I think you're right. I've been trying to copy and paste using the edit window but to no avail!

#4 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:51 PM

Yeah, Doggz is right.  You can't copy and paste shapes unfortunately.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#5 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 21 January 2018 - 03:47 PM

Good morning everyone,

It's been a while since I've last posted. Real life took over and I was unable to dedicate time to JNPG. 

However, I now seem to have some time and thought I'd try and get back into it. Interestingly, the actual game plays a lot smoother now and the ball physics appear to be more realistic, especially around the hole.

Anyway, I have been dabbling with course forge, after reacquainting myself with Mike's Fab tutorials and have one question:

Is there a way to copy a shape, say semi rough and then paste it. If this could be done you could then shrink the pasted shape, change it to a fairway and lay it directly on top of the semi rough. This would save a lot of time.

Regards

That was a gr8 feature of the TW Course Architect. You could copy an shape, expand it in place or move it to wherever you wanted, you could change the texture too. Unfortunately that cannot be done here.

• worrybirdie likes this

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#6 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:07 PM

I  thought Mike posted a way to do this in some complicated steps last year.

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#7 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:15 PM

You can do it, but it only works on a perfect circle or a perfect square when I tried it. As far as trying to do it for a fairway it just doesn't scale right.

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#8 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationPismo Beach, California

Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:17 PM

Yeah...that was a conversation I was part of last year. Not only could you do all the things listed above in TW (copy the shape, change the texture, change the size) you could rotate it and use elevation tools on it (this last one was great for bunkers and green complexes). Hopefully something similar is possible with Unity/CF, and will be yet to come.

#9 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:27 PM

Not being a designer, I sort of selfishly think it's better that you cannot exactly copy the shape, as it might make things look too uniform to the point of not being realistic.  My futile efforts with CF do allow me to understand why this would be a wanted feature, though!

#10 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 21 January 2018 - 09:27 PM

Heres the thing, if you got 5 circular tee boxes, you can do them all in a min. without redrawing the entire thing. Makes it gr8 for first cuts and roughs. I hear ya though about being to perfect but it takes a long time to hand draw a first cut, instead of just selecting it/expanding it 6ft/changing the texture/dropping it. Saves hours. Also a gr8 feature of that was shapes were dropped right on top of the plot, I mean, right on top, no room between.

Alas I doubt we will see that, or a cart path tool that was as easy and nice as TW CA.

The gr8 thing is, this designer has way way better things then that one did, so if I had to choose, this one wins hands down, even with it's small inadequacies .

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#11 RBarley

RBarley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationEastern Pennsylvania

Posted 22 January 2018 - 03:08 PM

Axe you make some good points on your response. I'll take us back a little further back than TW. Golden Bear Challenge (GB6) had pre-made shapes for bunkers and greens that you could also alter in size by changing the points in the shape. You could also copy and paste any spline and increase or decrease the size and change texture. It did give you a uniform look if that what you are looking for. I think this feature in the new version of Course Forge would be useful as a time saver.

• axe360 likes this

#12 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 22 January 2018 - 03:55 PM

Agreed but we do also need to make sure we don't end up with "cookie cutter" courses, like that other game. ;)

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users