The 'other' forum......

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_deena_golf_*

Guest_deena_golf_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:14 PM

I consider this to be the home end, the kop, the stretford end......where all the core fans stand y'know.

Then there's 'them' over there **points unsure, scratches head a bit confused of what to make of it**

Y'know the 'funny ones' with names u feel uncomfortable with because they are not familiar, not from round here, NOT LOCAL!!!! *shakes fist* grrrrr!!

The away end :o  

Well I feel some voice crying deep from within and it'sn telling me this:

TELL 'EM ABOUT EMERGENT PHYSICS DEENA!!!

...and the cry is getting louder, they just must know this, it's the most important thing about this game and they don't know because nobodies tellin' 'em!!!

Now since I have made emergent physics my personal champion I feel as though the impetus is on me to provide enlightenment to the away crowd, ok i'll stew something up......hmmmmm in due course, might be tonight might be tomorrow might be monday.....

But if I do a reasonable job of it perhaps admin might care to pin their most potent of missiles up as a permanent read - because the story must be told.

THEY NEED TO KNOW  :blink:

#2 Volker

Volker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationSehnde, Germany

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:56 PM

what the heck is this about? Golf?

#3 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:11 PM

what the heck is this about? Golf?

It's the use of the real world physics of a golf swing, ball spin and the environment's effects upon the ball flight/path all in real time within the game.  It's what really makes this game special.

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#4 Guest_deena_golf_*

Guest_deena_golf_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:07 PM

Maybe we need to flesh this one out among the golfers and the guys who actually did the modelling - but they got enough on their plate for sure - because as much as i can explain transfer functions and finite element methods I can not be sure of the actual details as they relate to this game nor the real world effects of spin in to wind e.t.c.

Then again who's gunna read past 'finite element methods' - perhaps I can come up with something really top level, I just want people to know what they have here because most are going to be totally oblivious to the fantastic technology at the heart of the game and I think its a real shame, and also undersells the game a bit - there is no comparison, at least right now - this is the most superior golf game that has ever come to be in terms of engine.

anyone??

help maybe, suggestions... 

#5 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 06:00 PM

It's the use of the real world physics of a golf swing, ball spin and the environment's effects upon the ball flight/path all in real time within the game. It's what really makes this game special.

I'm sorry but the way the ball bounces and spins on occasion aren't 'real world', more like 'other world'.
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#6 Guest_deena_golf_*

Guest_deena_golf_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2015 - 06:06 PM

anyway MJ had the right idea, just wrote a review

end of thread.

#7 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members