#1 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:23 PM

I hate to be the cynic around here but I hope that only 1 persona per user is allowed around here.. In the past there have been HUGE problems with some folks that like to cause problems in the forums.  Then just change there username/persona and start all over again...

IMO we should only be allowed 1 username, period...

Thank you..

• Nemesis, fungolfer, Acrilix and 2 others like this

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#2 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

im with ya on that one,as i have already noticed one from TWO with a couple of personas here

using them both to post 

• axe360, fungolfer and Acrilix like this

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#3 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

Dave,

If that is the case, I would private message AJ or MJ and make them aware of this and who it is, as so far the forums have been great with some great discussions going on and no-one getting personal.

I would hate to see the same shit-storms and fallout we had over at the other site, where some of the threads just got derailed because a few folks had personal beefs against each other which seemed to have been brought from other golf sites.

;)

• axe360, fungolfer and Acrilix like this

#4 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

took care of this when i noticed duel being used by same user

days ago. along with sending them 5 other names this guy likes to use.

i sure hope the folks here are quick to see through the crap that may wonder in from TWO.

im just here to play and have fun with my friends from the caddyshack

• Dazmaniac likes this

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

Klipsch Sound System

#5 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

as for stopping this from going on i doubt they will be able to stop it from happening.

one of the reasons i enjoying playing with members from my group we have used voice chat for years

so we know one and other well and we do things on the theme of honesty,no extra personas and such.

Klipsch Sound System

#6 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:28 PM

something else has come to mind,after you create a persona here i sure hope

you will not be able to change your screen name as you can now on TWO through origin.

i don't know why people think they need a bunch of different personas,in the groups they play against themselves 

i have even seen where people have been fighting between 2 of their own personas.lol

it is kind of funny,but not the entertainment im looking to pay for.

Klipsch Sound System

#7 Jbx

Jbx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationHampshire, England

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:58 PM

Some of the 'stuff' seen over the years on previous golf forums is both funny and sad!

Lets hope that here the outlook is a little more mature.

Jbx%20golgBall1.jpg

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every mininute of it!

#8 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:28 AM

It is a shame that there is a lack of integrity being shown by some people on this site. :(

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#9 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:49 AM

At the moment I just hope that there will be no personal attacking like we had in the "old" forum. As long as this don't happen, I'm fine. If ppl. think they need this for themselves it is no problem for me. But if the bashing starts again, I hope AJ and Co. know what to do :)

Who cares...

#10 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:34 AM

At the moment I just hope that there will be no personal attacking like we had in the "old" forum. As long as this don't happen, I'm fine. If ppl. think they need this for themselves it is no problem for me. But if the bashing starts again, I hope AJ and Co. know what to do :)

We certainly don't want the crazy antics from the old site repeating, but the moderators here should also accept some responsibility for removing these 'multi-personality' people that are the real instigators of the trouble.

• fungolfer likes this

#11 Maineah

Maineah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationMaine, U.S.A.

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:40 PM

doesn't the "display name history" at each members profile page take care of this?? or are you talking creating multiple accounts??

#12 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:52 PM

@ Maineah - Yes, multiple accounts.

#13 Guest_Nemesis_*

Guest_Nemesis_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

im with ya on that one,as i have already noticed one from TWO with a couple of personas here

using them both to post 

I believe through personal contact with AJ and Erik these people have been identified and will not return to this forum with double
identities.  There is one inherent sticky situation, especially when using IP/s to track multiple profiles. A person in the same household
may have 2 or more family members playing the same game or posting in the forum, there IP/s will be the same. 

Glad you brought this up Larry.  There were a couple instances of flaming in here already and AJ addressed that situation already.

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:52 PM (by AJ)

Here are Perfect Parallel, since this is a corporate site we welcome players from all forms of online golf games.  We want all players from any game to be comfortable here and exist in harmony.  Everyone should feel free to promote their favourite game that they play but should not go out of their way to criticize other games for the sake of it.  It is a fine line between discussing differences in the game and what people like and dont like about them which is helpful to us in determining what aspects from each game in the past to include in Perfect Golf and just being inflamatory.  To clarify for everyone:

GOOD

I have always been a links player and while I miss the fact that it is not a full 3D environment I have always felt that the imagery provided by 2D objects has never been equaled in a full 3D environment

I have played TWO and TW2013 and in my opinion it is the most up to date game from a technology perspective and I could never go back to a game that is not fully 3D

BAD

Tiger Woods is it is just like a cartoon and is meant for kids in an arcade

Links is just a fake 3D environment with stupid mods like the Power Mod.

#14 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:24 PM

We have the ability to determine whether multiple personas are using the same IP.  We encourage everyone to only use a single username or persona on the site.  However we will not spend lots of time trying to figure out whether people are using multiple personas.  However, if we find that people are using multiple personas to enter into flame wars, debate with themselves, promote themselves or any other activity detrimental to everyone else's enjoyment on the forums and our site both usernames will be either suspended or banned.  We are a business and do not have time to moderate this kind of activity.  We are aware there are multiple usernames using the same IP but until those usernames are used in the fashion described we will leave it be.  The community has been very pro active in reporting stuff to us and we do take action even if that action is sometimes a mental note for the future.

Andrew

• Acrilix, Davefevs and Maverick Spirit like this

#15 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:40 PM

We have the ability to determine whether multiple personas are using the same IP.  We encourage everyone to only use a single username or persona on the site.  However we will not spend lots of time trying to figure out whether people are using multiple personas.  However, if we find that people are using multiple personas to enter into flame wars, debate with themselves, promote themselves or any other activity detrimental to everyone else's enjoyment on the forums and our site both usernames will be either suspended or banned.  We are a business and do not have time to moderate this kind of activity.  We are aware there are multiple usernames using the same IP but until those usernames are used in the fashion described we will leave it be.  The community has been very pro active in reporting stuff to us and we do take action even if that action is sometimes a mental note for the future.

Andrew

Good news. It's just a little frustrating watching people taking the mickey, and being unable to do anything about it.

#16 Guest_Nemesis_*

Guest_Nemesis_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:04 AM

The community has been very pro active in reporting stuff to us and we do take action even if that action is sometimes a mental note for the future.

Andrew

As it should be. Kudos to PP and the vigilante members! 

#17 TheLighterDark

TheLighterDark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, AR

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:47 AM

There's nothing you can do about it, in all honesty. Looking at IPs works in theory, but if we are talking about thousands of different members then it becomes much too large to handle, and it's just something that you have to accept. 

TheLighterDark / "William" / University of Arkansas, Fayetteville / 21

Toshiba Satellite S855 / Windows 8 64-bit / Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz / 8.00 GB RAM

n2o7ldH.png

"All the world on one arrow..." - Ashe, The Frost Archer, League of Legends.

#18 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:36 AM

Good news. It's just a little frustrating watching people taking the mickey, and being unable to do anything about it.

... and one hypocritical sycophant will never stop. :(

#19 Sinewiz

Sinewiz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationMichigan U.S.A.

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:34 PM

... and one hypocritical sycophant will never stop. :(

Truer words were never spoken. ;)

Lakes of Taylor Golf Course

Links at Gateway Golf Club

#20 Jbx

Jbx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationHampshire, England

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:16 PM

As far as I have seen to date everyone is offering constructive observations - hope that this site offers a fresh start to all the golfers wishing to see the game launch asap.

John.

Jbx%20golgBall1.jpg

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every mininute of it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users