Photo

Official Q&A with Andrew of PP (From OGT Sim Discord)

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:00 PM

The following is a transcript of some of the Q&A with Andrew of PP that happened recently on OGT Simulator Discord chat.  Thanks again Andrew for taking to time to come chat with the JNPG simulator community.  It was very much appreciated.

Q:  Are there plans to change the simulator pass subscription model or increase prices?

A:  There are currently no plans....We just released a demo pass and have asked Skytrak if they would do the same

​Q:  What licensed courses if any can we expect to be available in 2018?

​A:  One of the great benefits of our relationship with TM will be a flood of new licenses courses that will be released.  As to prices for courses I don't see any reason for us to change our approach to pricing at this time

​Q:  What is currently happening with PG2?  Can you give us a rough estimate on when you expect PG2 to start beta testing?

​A:  We have completed the perfect engine code upgrade, with the new Networking and the new Web-socket communication layer. We have reintegrated an all new method of handling the game play (ball based rather than player based which will significantly reduce the bugs in modes like alternate shot) We have reintegrated the ball flight and physics and are now working on the new UI for the game (which you will see in the TM Sim at the PGA Show)

​Q:  Will you be allocating more resources in terms of staff as a result of this change?

​A:  We already have, we have a full time Unity UI developer developing the new UI for the game

Q:  Lastly, can you talk about your overall direction and vision for JNPG simulation?  In terms of new features/game changes?   And any plans for a club fitting mode on the range and/or ball/club data interface on the range?

A:  That's a tough one to answer.  What I can say is that we will continue to integrate JNPG into many of the TM software solutions.  Those of you with TPS will already have seen our range used to replace the long standing graphics that were in TPS

• axe360 likes this

#2 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:39 PM

Thanks for posting that Vance

I guess I just don't understand why it is so difficult for Andrew himself to make a forum post with some of those types of responses and commentary. There have been so many questions and concerns and thoughts and good feedback posted here for so many months that I just don't understand the lack of any official communication right here, short of re-posting of third-party communications. It's just so odd.

This is his forum after all. Is their very own forum now just an abstraction layer where we will only really get PR releases?

#3 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:09 PM

I loved the podcast / 9 hole skins game Q&A sessions and I hope we'll see those again. Those were very informative and a pleasure to watch and listen to.

• J_Schollmeyer, Justin9926 and pingzing like this

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#4 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:09 PM

you're welcome Buck.

Just wanted to share that things are not doom and gloom as it appears in the other thread.  PP is obviously still working on JNPG 2.  In fact, I'm very optimistic about the future of JNPG and JNPG simulator.  The OGT Simulator tour continues to grow as it still appears to be best software and best value available.  JNPG2 will be icing on the cake for us.  

• cajuncapgun likes this

#5 grumpter

grumpter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:16 PM

Feel like I'm back to dealing with government contracting... TM = Trackman ? TPS = what?

#6 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:43 PM

you're welcome Buck.

Just wanted to share that things are not doom and gloom as it appears in the other thread.  PP is obviously still working on JNPG 2.  In fact, I'm very optimistic about the future of JNPG and JNPG simulator.  The OGT Simulator tour continues to grow as it still appears to be best software and best value available.  JNPG2 will be icing on the cake for us.  

Obviously we are in the Simulator area here, and that's your focus also...

Are we sure there will actually be a PG2 that's for normal PC mouse/controller use?

I've long thought that maybe it's so quiet because the real PG2 will actually be for paying Sim users only.

It would be hard to blame them if if they went that route...I would rather just know that if it's the case however.

Side note:  I think the dream of this thing on Consoles is as dead as the day is long..

#7 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 12:21 AM

Yes, JNPG2 will be for mouse/controller players as well.  Xbox plans hasn't changed that I'm aware off.

#8 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 01:13 AM

Maybe not doom and gloom but I didn't read anything there to get too excited about, unless the new UI includes new animations.

#9 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 01:31 AM

Maybe not doom and gloom but I didn't read anything there to get too excited about, unless the new UI includes new animations.

Very fair point.
Right now we are all essentially thrisrty in a long dry desert and even the faintest drop of water feels like hope of an oasis ahead.

Let's hope it's not a mirage.
  • zmax - sim likes this

#10 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 01:40 AM

The fact that they added a full time Unity UI developer is a big plus.   

#11 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 01:48 AM

The fact that they added a full time Unity UI developer is a big plus.

Absolutely!!
Hiring of more development talent is probably the best news in what you shared, no question!

#12 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 04:40 AM

Hopefully things eventually go so well that they can hire a few course designers, wink wink.

#13 pingzing

pingzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationQld Australia

Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:51 AM

I loved the podcast / 9 hole skins game Q&A sessions and I hope we'll see those again. Those were very informative and a pleasure to watch and listen to.

Where can we find the Podcast to download

Cheers 

#14 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 02 February 2018 - 12:54 AM

Where can we find the Podcast to download

Cheers 

PZ,

I'm thinking Matt is referring to the old Twitch streams the guys used to do, where they were playing a 9  hole game while talking with the Twitch viewers about the game.

#15 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 02 February 2018 - 12:57 AM

"A flood of new licensed courses"

Well we know PP have the majority of PGA Tour courses already done (as they are used for TV broadcasts) and I'm sure they have some other non-Tour courses too. Just hope it is a flood of courses and not a shallow puddle, lol.

Still wondering whatever happened to the proposed JN course pack that was touted many moons ago (Oct 2016) and also there was some talk of an Asian course pack too.  

#16 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 01:18 AM

Yes, the Twitch broadcasts. I don't know if those are still available or not.

#17 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 03:02 AM

I need another beer... 

#18 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 03:24 AM

"A flood of new licensed courses"

Well we know PP have the majority of PGA Tour courses already done (as they are used for TV broadcasts) and I'm sure they have some other non-Tour courses too. Just hope it is a flood of courses and not a shallow puddle, lol.

Still wondering whatever happened to the proposed JN course pack that was touted many moons ago (Oct 2016) and also there was some talk of an Asian course pack too.  

Due to the relationship with TM, I'm guessing licenses will be easier to get, especially for courses that use TM flight tracking on TV.  This is great news us.  :)

#19 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 02 February 2018 - 03:46 PM

Well, at least we know that PG 2 work is still ongoing from this, although it doesn't sound like it's as far along as I had hoped.  I better flag this simulator room for news about the PC version going forth though... I'd have never gotten here if zmax hadn't linked it in the general section.  ;)

• footslogger likes this

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#20 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 02 February 2018 - 08:28 PM

Due to the relationship with TM, I'm guessing licenses will be easier to get, especially for courses that use TM flight tracking on TV.  This is great news us.  :)

If the agreement with TM does indeed open doors for getting more licensed courses in to the game, I agree it is indeed good news.

I just mentioned the other 2 packs as it was Oct 2016 that Andrew mentioned those in a  post, but they never saw the light of day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users