9 replies to this topic

#1 grumpter

grumpter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 01:37 PM

How do you use it? It seems to only have the last course I played available and then when I try to create a new game the Ready checkbox is not able to be checked to start the game. It says something like 'unavailable when game is already in progress' when I try to click on the Ready checkbox.

#2 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 02 February 2018 - 02:57 PM

Clik on Solo/CreateGame, find a course you want then clik on arrow to choose Practice. Should work after that.

NAK08TC.png

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#3 SFR

SFR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 06:16 PM

Yes, as said it is no different than playing a solo game other than changing the mode of play from stroke to practice.  Don't play the pre set practice range.  Just set up a solo round with practice. 

After that you will see the 2 icons on the lower left of the screen.  One will be the ball icon where you click on it then drop a ball either in the mini map or on course and you will play a shot from that spot.  Just note that if dropping in a bunker or hazard that the first shot from there will not show the penalty of the shot but the ones after that will.  Also if you have your info for the shot display set to a timed amount like 2 sec.'s you will stay where you are and keep hitting.  If you have the display on and need to click to advance, then clicking continue will move you up to where your shot stopped and re-hit or mulligan will leave you at the same spot.

The other icon is the hole choice and wind icon.  You can click it to jump to any hole and if you want set a wind speed and attempt direction (that part does not work as it should but may randomly change).

• axe360 likes this

#4 grumpter

grumpter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 07:10 PM

Thank you both for the info. I wasn't even giving Game Filter or Game Type a thought as I had already clicked the Practice 'button' from the main screen. 

• axe360 likes this

#5 grumpter

grumpter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 12:14 AM

I see you can get to practice under Solo Play which begs the question.... what is the Practice 'button' on the main screen used for?

#6 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 03 February 2018 - 12:17 AM

After you click on Solo, scroll thru and you will see Woody's Practice Course. ;)

There is also a Practice down below Solo/Mulit/Practice, it's just a practice range.

Woody's you can do a lot more.

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#7 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 03 February 2018 - 12:19 AM

I see you can get to practice under Solo Play which begs the question.... what is the Practice 'button' on the main screen used for?

It loads the driving range so you can practice your swing.   ;)

• axe360 likes this

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#8 grumpter

grumpter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 12:28 AM

Hmmmm, I guess that explains why right now there is no course available under Practice from the main screen. I moved out all of the unused courses from the main folder so I only have a few to navigate through due to the carousel. Woody's is in in my unused folder currently. I swear Practice from the main screen was showing the last course I played earlier but I could be wrong.

#9 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 03 February 2018 - 12:31 AM

Thank Joe I got that one backwards. :)

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#10 SFR

SFR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 06:46 PM

One that I always use to warm up with is the "OGT Combine".  You would need to download it from the OGT courses page.

It has 10 holes and is used with the Combine challenge but I tend to just load up a solo round with it selected and then once I change to practice, I just select hole 10 to play.  This is just a range with a straight line down the center and gives you a better look as to how off line you are ending up.  Also it is flat so there is no up or down to factor into the carry.

If you miss just selecting hole 10 you can always use the icon to pick a hole to play and then select 10 and get the same results.

I never use the "practice" course as that was originally the only way to practice a shot over and over but now with Practice mode we really don't need it as it does not allow you to adjust the wind or move your ball if you wanted to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users