• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 andrewjjones43

andrewjjones43

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 07:28 PM

I’m new to JNPG simulator. Two questions.
Is there a way of having the putting grid come on automatically for a player determined period (say 5 seconds) then going off for you to hit the putt without having to press buttons.
Secondly is there a way of using the sim for long putts but holing out on a putting mat? I have a putting mat of about 12 feet so would make sense to hole out on that and record the putts taking manually on the scorecards.
  • Jasonopith likes this

#2 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 10:18 PM

no and no

#3 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 07:34 PM

Secondly is there a way of using the sim for long putts but holing out on a putting mat? I have a putting mat of about 12 feet so would make sense to hole out on that and record the putts taking manually on the scorecards.

I wouldn't say that makes sense as it is very rare one gets a straight, level putt in the game - which is what putting on your matt replicates.

#4 grumpter

grumpter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:29 PM

What is the reason you want to turn the grid off? Maybe we can find something that will help you get closer to what you want.

I have seen a few other posts where users would like to finish putting out on a putting mat so you are definitely not alone. You may be to accomplish what you want using the Pickup icon on the bottom right of the screen (I think it is a hand). You could pickup at the point you want to start putting on your mat and then manually keep track of your putts. I think that may work but you will need to test it.

If you want the game to still keep track of your full score you would need to putt out on your mat and then replicate that number of putts in game. For that I would think you would maybe want gimees at 0 and then always have mulligans on. I think manually keeping track of your putts on the mat might be less tedious but that's up to you.

I wouldn't say that makes sense as it is very rare one gets a straight, level putt in the game - which is what putting on your matt replicates.

It is rare that I don't have a perfect lie on any shot. Sure the game can adjust parameters like distance loss and spin loss but I can't replicate an uphill, downhill or sidehill lie from my hitting mat. If I wanted I could pull out the putting mat in my closet which has inserts that can be put under the putting mat so I could have putts that would break. I could even set it up so that one side would break more than the other and then down the middle would still be a straight put. To me it makes sense since multiple users seem to think it would be beneficial to how they want to use their equipment.

#5 andrewjjones43#

andrewjjones43#

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 09:43 AM

In reply to shimonko, when putting in the sim you adjust the screen to make every putt a straight one anyway so you are only judging the pace and your ability to hit the ball on your intended line.
I fully appreciate that this is not an option for any form of competition as open to abuse and just for use for myself and friends at home.

#6 grumpter

grumpter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 04:01 PM

I'm not confident that hitting a putt online helps much at all, at least with a SkyTrak, but that would seem to be more of an issue with the Simulator rather than JNPG. The distance control seems a bit inconsistent as well. This could also seemingly be influenced by the type of mat being used. For the purposes of practicing I think you would be better off with a putting mat.

#7 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 01:21 AM

In reply to shimonko, when putting in the sim you adjust the screen to make every putt a straight one anyway so you are only judging the pace and your ability to hit the ball on your intended line.
I fully appreciate that this is not an option for any form of competition as open to abuse and just for use for myself and friends at home.

Yes, it's the pace that disqualifies putting to a hole in a sim - because of stimp and slope.

But even the line - in real golf you have to imagine a point to hit to and only if very lucky, have some blemish on the green to aim at. A cup is like placing a tee to the side of the hole to aim at - far easier, against the rules, and simply not golf.

#8 grumpter

grumpter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 03:15 AM

Why would anyone care that is 'not golf' when it's being played on a sim.... which is not real golf? When practicing most players, professionals included, do many things that would be against the rules in a real world tournament. Practice is not real golf and a sim is not real golf. It's just a practice tool for many purchasers.

#9 IlRaffa65

IlRaffa65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 03:17 PM

I’m new to JNPG simulator. Two questions.
Is there a way of having the putting grid come on automatically for a player determined period (say 5 seconds) then going off for you to hit the putt without having to press buttons.

Hi...

What controller you use?

#10 andrewjjones43#

andrewjjones43#

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 03:29 PM

I’m on a simulator so no controller, just mouse to toggle stuff on and off.

#11 IlRaffa65

IlRaffa65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 04:02 PM

I’m on a simulator so no controller, just mouse to toggle stuff on and off.

Ahh... Ok Thank!!

#12 XES118

XES118

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 01:17 PM

New in JNPG

In the Practice feature, is it possible to find a Practice Green area?

#13 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 18 November 2018 - 11:22 PM

New in JNPG

In the Practice feature, is it possible to find a Practice Green area?

The Practice Range is basically just a Driving Range.

Best option is to create a new round, choose Practice as the mode of play and then choose the Woody's course as this includes a massive green you can use to practice your putting.

• XES118 likes this

#14 XES118

XES118

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 06:17 PM

There are different Putting options?

What does it means "Easy Putting" label ?

#15 NirrandaBoy

NirrandaBoy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 05:25 AM

What launch monitor are you using?

#16 XES118

XES118

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 04:52 PM

What launch monitor are you using?

Sorry but I don't understand your question.

I use PC Mouse & Keyboard. In the JNPG configuration I use Swing Meter

I don't understand the message "Putting.   Easy Swing". Is there another king of Putting ?

#17 SFR

SFR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 09:45 PM

You are asking these questions in the Simulator forum where we use real clubs so this may be in the wrong thread to get your answers.

• XES118 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users