15 replies to this topic

#1 grumpter

grumpter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:19 PM

If I go from the Premium package to the Basic plan do I lose Simulator access to the courses I have created with Course Forge? I thought I would want to play some tournaments but it's just not working out that way.

#2 Larrykuh

Larrykuh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:17 PM

You have to purchase the Skytrak sim pass to use it with JNPG. That will enable you to play any course you create or download. For tournaments, you have to join OGT at $20 for 6 months. OGT is not required unless you want to participate in their tournaments.

#3 grumpter

grumpter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:31 PM

I already have the Premium plan. Just wondering If I go from the Premium ($250/year) package to the Basic ($200) do I lose access to the courses I have already created?

I would paste a link to the SkyTrak JNPG plans but am using IE Explorer so can't paste on these forums.

#4 Larrykuh

Larrykuh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:58 PM

To play JNPG, you need the sim pass ($249/year). If you go to one of the other two plans, you lose access to JNPG.

#5 grumpter

grumpter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 07:37 PM

Unless the SkyTrak website is showing false info the Basic ($200) plan includes a few courses in JNPG. Can't paste but typing descriptions from their site:

Basic ($200):

With the purchase of this package you'll have access to the JNPG software along with a basic package which includes all the traditional game play modes includcluding ...  etc.  ... the following courses can be played with this package: Southampton Links, Shadowlands ...  etc.  ... Club Swarzwald and Karen.

Premium ($250):

Everything in first 2 packages and access to community developed courses using course forge. Access to tournament sites.

This leads to the question do I lose the ability to play, on a simulator,  the courses I created if I go down to the Basic plan?

#6 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 07:39 PM

The only thing extra you get with the higher priced plan is access to courses that the community has created for free?

#7 Larrykuh

Larrykuh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:25 PM

I believe you will lose access to the course you created as it is considered a community created course. This is  just a guess though. Best to talk to Skytrak to get the answer to your question.

#8 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:29 PM

I believe you will lose access to the course you created as it is considered a community created course. This is  just a guess though. Best to talk to Skytrak to get the answer to your question.

It's not a concern of mine - I was simply seeking clarity from existing users.
I find it would be a strange trade-off to charge users more for access to something that Skytrak isn't creating (community courses).

That's essentially just a form of rent seeking and ethically questionable.

#9 Larrykuh

Larrykuh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:49 PM

The three plans allow you to play JNPG using the simulator. The $100 plan gives you the driving ranges only to allow for practicing. The basic ($200) gives you access to the driving range and the default PP courses listed, but no user created courses. The Premium ($250) plan gives you access to the driving range, PP default courses and all user created (community) courses. Any course you created is considered a user crated course, so would be accessible only from the premium package.

#10 grumpter

grumpter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 11:55 PM

Larrykuh - Are you deducing that from the descriptions or do you have actual knowledge of that?

#11 Larrykuh

Larrykuh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:33 AM

It is from the descriptions. I have the $250 package, so have access to all courses. Again, I recommend contacting Skytrak for confirmation. Everyone that I know has the $250 package. For the extra $50, even though you may not want to participate in tournaments, etc., you get to play many excellent recreations of some of the world's finest courses.

Just like PP, when their servers are down, the only course you can access is the default PP courses. Even If you created your local course, it cannot be played when the PP server is down, a very aggravating scenario.

#12 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:00 AM

SkyTrak just take the cash and won't be helpful - their customer support hardly know their own product let alone someone else's.

But there's no way JNPG can distinguish between courses you create and courses other users create. You won't be able to play your own courses on the $200 plan.

#13 grumpter

grumpter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:11 AM

Then it's not official until we get an actual response from someone who went from the $250 plan to $200 after having created their own courses or a response from someone actually in the know. I agree the way I interpret the wording would say I would no longer have access when using a sim.

It seems odd that you could pay $35 once and have access to everything as long as your controller type is not a simulator. Maybe I am misinterpreting that as I don't play much on the PC side except to test courses.

As far as JNPG not being able to distinguish the course creator I will say there is a difference between not currently having the functionality and being capable of having the functionality. Of course it could be designed as such but that doesn't mean it currently is or will ever be.

#14 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 04:43 AM

It will then only become official when you do it, because you will be the first. In fact I only think the $200 plan exists to highlight what remarkable value the $250 plan is.

What does seem odd is PG charging $35 for the game and $250/yr to play with over 200 quality courses included and a handful at $6, when:

- TGC is $1000 for until they pull the plug on the series
- E6 connect $2500 + $600/yr for less courses than JNPG
- FSX, let's just say one course at the moment is currently marked down from $750 to $500.

Of course JNPG could encode the creator's steam id into the course to enable it for the one person on the $200 plan with a $2000 simulator who likes to create courses - but I don't feel that makes much business sense.

#15 grumpter

grumpter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:36 PM

He's a staunch defender but I'm not taking the bait. Still waiting on an official word rather than conjecture. As I said, I am interpreting it much like everyone else in this thread has.

If you watch the SpeedTree tutorial here on these forums you will hear that they, Mike at least,  appreciate a bargain where you can pay for software for a period of time and then get to use what is created after you no longer subscribe to the service. At least with JNPG they would continue to get a yearly fee that is very similar to the fee for full access.

At the end of the day I am just asking for clarification from someone who is actually in the know. When they confirm that we have interpreted it correctly you can gloat that you were right and I can point out that I was not wrong. Sound good?

#16 grumpter

grumpter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 03:32 PM

So as expected the response from Perfect Parallel is you lose SkyTrak access to courses you have created if you go down to the $200/year plan. I will need to rethink how much time I am spending on creating courses. The PC side of the game doesn't interest me much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users