• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jixxer75092

Jixxer75092

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 05:00 AM

So please excuse my ignorance but I’ve never used a platform like this. I’m not a big tech guy but I decided to get the SkyTrak with the JNPG. I’m thinking I might have gone over my head a little bit. So I made all the required purchases, everything downloaded and installed fine. I made the initial launch on the Skytrac app to sync the box. I then went into the JNPG and switched it to simulator and SkyTrak and then launched it. My first light on the screen (not the box) goes from red to green and all the lights on my SkyTrak unit are green. But my second light on the screen goes from red to yellow, it’s supposed to go to green but won’t. I even reset the unit with a paper clip and had all my security off. Could anyone offer any advice in laymen’s terms please if you understand what’s going on?

#2 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 06:46 AM

So this is the "Connect to PG" light on the Perfect Golf Simulator Console you're finding won't go to green, even when you click the "Connect to PG" button?

Fundamentally this means JNPG and the SkyTrak aren't finding each other on the network. It does sound like you're in 'direct connect mode' - you can use direct mode for JNPG but it'll be trickier to set up as JNPG itself needs the internet - so second Wifi card or ethernet connection.

If so, get the SkyTrak working in 'network' mode using the SkyTrak app (where it connects to your router, rather than your PC connecting to the SkyTrak), or even USB mode. Then you may find the second light goes green.

Another thing you can try without me asking several questions, is clicking the arm button in the game - the bottom right circle on the swing-meter thingy - but it doesn't sound like the solution to your issue.

Nearly all SkyTrak/JNPG owners mainly hang out at the OGT tour, so if you have further problems, there's a help channel there you're welcome to visit with a huge SkyTrak tips section. People there will gladly help you, and rave about joining OGT - but at $20/6months anyone who has a sim and doesn't join is missing out on 90% of the fun and would have me baffled. You can find it at https://discordapp.com/invite/veTtjdU

#3 penrose005

penrose005

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 11:25 PM

Funny, I have this same issue from time to time and finally posted about it.  Connecting the skytrak to USB doe not really change thinks much.  I also have TGC and e6 and never have issues.

To get around this issue I either wait an hour and try again and all works or close perfect golf and try again and if that does not work reboot the router.

I would like to know how many other skytrak users have this issue.  I have the ASUS RT-AC5300 router.  Be interesting to know if we have the same router or at least brand.

#4 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 04:09 PM

So please excuse my ignorance but I’ve never used a platform like this. I’m not a big tech guy but I decided to get the SkyTrak with the JNPG. I’m thinking I might have gone over my head a little bit. So I made all the required purchases, everything downloaded and installed fine. I made the initial launch on the Skytrac app to sync the box. I then went into the JNPG and switched it to simulator and SkyTrak and then launched it. My first light on the screen (not the box) goes from red to green and all the lights on my SkyTrak unit are green. But my second light on the screen goes from red to yellow, it’s supposed to go to green but won’t. I even reset the unit with a paper clip and had all my security off. Could anyone offer any advice in laymen’s terms please if you understand what’s going on?

If you have Anti Virus Webroot, it must be removed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users