#1 Riddler

Riddler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationMesquite, Nevada

Posted 29 January 2018 - 12:41 AM

About time to hear from Andrew and update us on what is going on with this game.  Not asking for anything but an honest update on where the Dev's are.

• gravedodger, frank70, worrybirdie and 1 other like this

#2 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 29 January 2018 - 01:01 AM

About time to hear from Andrew and update us on what is going on with this game. Not asking for anything but an honest update on where the Dev's are.

Out building the main business which obviously doesn’t appear to be a game. The gaming element of PP is filler work with little or no resources with limited time available. If Andrew or Mike are too busy with other business activities they should designate a spokesperson for game status reports just like it appears that Crow has been selected to monitor the forums.
  • Fairwayman and GoldenBear like this
Richard

Posted Image

#3 Jperkules

Jperkules

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, U.S

Posted 29 January 2018 - 01:22 AM

It appears that Perfect Parallel is now doing the hole graphics for the Golf Channel. Congratulations to them.
At the PGA show, theres a new jnpg sim software for Trackman.
Both of these would be good updates in the News section.
Ive noticed that the facebook page hasnt been updated in a few months, fwiw.
Congratulations to any new business ventures.
As a ssim player, i eagerly wait for any updates.
I check here nearly every day, which is a little ridiculous, but im always in hope of a gift like an update or a new course being completed

#4 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationPismo Beach, California

Posted 29 January 2018 - 02:59 AM

I'm very glad the devs have found alternate ways to make money. But I'd like to think that this game is "their baby" (like my current course). It started with so much (many) promise. Don't give up!

#5 JoeBradley

JoeBradley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 09:11 AM

Now that PG1 development is effectively dormant, would be good to have a PG2 section with its own subforums - news, feature requests etc.

#6 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:38 AM

Now that PG1 development is effectively dormant, would be good to have a PG2 section with its own subforums - news, feature requests etc.

That would be good in an ideal world but considering that we repeatedly ask politely for regular updates and get nothing I don't think that will happen any time soon.
I remember a time a couple of years ago when we were all praising the devs for not being like E.A. Sports. I wonder what happened to those same devs who now give us nothing and even seem to resent us asking?
  • Perculator, ✠ davef ✠ and GoldenBear like this
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#7 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:51 AM

PP seems to have good and growing realtionships to big companies (PGA, Golf Channel). Wouldn't it be possible to team up with one of them and develop a great golf game with more resources and way more marketing possibilities?

• Ron Piskorik, DivotMaker, gravedodger and 2 others like this

#8 flyer01

flyer01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 January 2018 - 12:40 PM

That would be good in an ideal world but considering that we repeatedly ask politely for regular updates and get nothing I don't think that will happen any time soon.
I remember a time a couple of years ago when we were all praising the devs for not being like E.A. Sports. I wonder what happened to those same devs who now give us nothing and even seem to resent us asking?

IMO the devs are not around the forums because they don't need us for anything. Rest assured that if and when they need us to proof PG2 for them they'll be active in the forums again. As mention around here before this game is all about the simulator play and the pc players get leftovers. If they get pro's to check out the realism of this game it will be on a simulator not a pc.

ASUS ROG LAPTOP,  i7-4720HQ, G-sync IPS, 16GB, 1TB HDD, 256GB PCIEG2 SSD, GTX970M GDDR5, WIN. 8.1

#9 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 29 January 2018 - 12:51 PM

This is why i still design for the current game, how long til PG2 drops? they are never gonna give a date, and with it not being their main focus i cannot blame them, but imo i'm not expecting PG2 anytime in 2018, if it does come then great, if not.... i'm not really bothered.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#10 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 01:31 PM

I'm not expecting PG2 soon and I don't care either but surely as a courtesy to their loyal followers some kind or regular input would be welcome. That's not too much to ask is it? I don't subscribe to the notion that the devs are too busy to contribute to their own forum occasionally.
  • Harald and frank70 like this
WWG1WGA

#11 Jimbo63

Jimbo63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationManchester, England

Posted 29 January 2018 - 01:40 PM

I'm not expecting PG2 soon and I don't care either but surely as a courtesy to their loyal followers some kind or regular input would be welcome. That's not too much to ask is it? I don't subscribe to the notion that the devs are too busy to contribute to their own forum occasionally.

Ian, it is not because they are too busy, it is because they have nothing new to say. We will have to accept that this game is not a real money earner for them.

#12 Harald

Harald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationNuremberg, Germany

Posted 29 January 2018 - 02:57 PM

Ian, it is not because they are too busy, it is because they have nothing new to say. We will have to accept that this game is not a real money earner for them.

Then it's much better and also honest to us to tell that they stop the Development. Better then hear nothing over months.

• Hammerfest and frank70 like this
I7-6700k, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, Palit GTX 1070 Super Jetstream 8GB,16 GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4-3200, Enermax Revolution87+ 850 W ATX 2.4, SSD Samsung 850 Pro, Eizo Color Graphic CS270 - 27", Win 10 Pro (64bit)

#13 highfade

highfade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 29 January 2018 - 03:21 PM

Okay I've found the answer!

1st topic of this forum, last post at the bottom. :D  :huh:

http://www.perfectpa...ulations/page-3

Intel Core i5-6600 CPU 3.3 GHz       Geforce GTX 1060        16GB  RAM       Windows 10 64 bit

Hazyview  (600m above sea level)    --   Nautilus Bay  (Revamp done)  --  Cape Fear  (TGC  adaptation)  --  Aloe Ridge  --  Nahoon Reef GC  --  Chambers Bay 

Abel's Crossing  --  Solitude Links GC

#14 trailblazergolf

trailblazergolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 29 January 2018 - 03:51 PM

ummm not really liking what i'm reading here- i'm long time links2003 player- gave it up in favor of PG all was going good till latly as far as future of game goes . i'm pretty much home bound and not really a gamer guy--soooo this game is it - and one other game I been playing for YR;S !!!!!-- if more money is needed - and it shud come from new buyers !'d make current more entertaining . while getting PG 2  ready--how--about slip in couple new annis for us to play with--couple more sets of clubs --you may be surprised the difference would make when word gets out ----HEY ! --PG -more fun now ---not take much - just enough to tweek our interest till PG 2 comes out :)---good day all-------oh--I not got all that controller stuff---PC--- only ---I'm simple old man :P

• Tresclub likes this

#15 Tresclub

Tresclub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa, CA USA

Posted 29 January 2018 - 05:04 PM

... while getting PG 2  ready--how--about slip in couple new annis for us to play with--couple more sets of clubs --you may be surprised the difference would make when word gets out ----HEY ! --PG -more fun now ---not take much - just enough to tweek our interest till PG 2 comes out :)...

This the best idea to come along in a loooooong time.  Something else that might peak some more interest is enabling all the hot keys during the other players shot.

PerfectGolfMember2.jpg 

“You only live once, do it right, and once is enough."

Windows 10 Home 64-bit |Intel® Core™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.2GHz | nVidea GeForce GTX 1070 FTW
16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 | 2/Samsung EVO 850 500gb SSD | Corsair 600cx PwrSup
BenQ ZOWIE 27" 1ms LCD HD | DirectX 12 | Realtek High Definition Audio | HD Pro Webcam C920

#16 trailblazergolf

trailblazergolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 29 January 2018 - 05:30 PM

thx tresclub  maybe get something started here !!

#17 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 05:37 PM

I can't believe that they have nothing to show us Jimbo63, unless they've made no progress since Mike posted a couple of pictures many months ago.
WWG1WGA

#18 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 January 2018 - 06:12 PM

PP seems to have good and growing realtionships to big companies (PGA, Golf Channel). Wouldn't it be possible to team up with one of them and develop a great golf game with more resources and way more marketing possibilities?

This IS a great golf game.  Considering almost all you have asked for has been implemented I do not understand why you have any issues with it.  You even admitted getting bored and playing completely inferior in every way TGC2.  What gives?

#19 bgast1

bgast1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 06:24 PM

I am so glad that this thread came up today. I was wanting an update on what was going on with this game. I am a casual player. On and off. I am not good at this game. Have never scored under par. I am a 3 clicker. I don't really know how to set this game up for my maximum enjoyment yet. I don't even know what the stimp meter does. All I did was set the graphics up as high as I can go.  Was going to start a thread asking which courses are the best to play. Yes I could start from the beginning and play them all, but just like Links 2003, I am sure many are better than others. 

I may be making a taboo comment here, but I mean no harm. I almost got The Golf Club 2 but they don't have 3 click. Also the VR piqued my interest but I only have the Samsung Gear VR and I am not sure about going in for an Oculus Rift or PlayStation. I've been reading that VR seems to have lost a lot of interest.

#20 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 January 2018 - 07:55 PM

This IS a great golf game.  Considering almost all you have asked for has been implemented I do not understand why you have any issues with it.  You even admitted getting bored and playing completely inferior in every way TGC2.  What gives?

- No career mode

- no real time motion capture animation

- graphics look outdated (2D look)

- too small of a player base for online tournaments (1600 play TGC2 - ~70-100 play JNPG)

- and a few little things more

JNPG is a good golf game from a pure gameplay standpoint - not perfect but closest to the real thing we can buy on the market. But as a whole package of a game it leaves a lot to be desired. It is unfinished when you take into consideration what a 2018 game should have. I would love to buy PG2 with all the elements i have mentioned above.

It seems that you do not need any more features or enhancements - that's fine. For me the game got stale after more than 2 years. I am waiting for the new one - and if it comes, i will play it again.

• nightowl, DivotMaker and Hammerfest like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users