473 replies to this topic

#461 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:11 PM

PG1 will continue to be supported for the foreseeable future and we have no plans at all to 'pull the plug'. We have spent a long time and much effort in building a community here with tournaments, CourseForge and the best multiplayer available on a golf game/sim so we would like that to continue.

Please lock this thread.

• trailblazergolf likes this

#462 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:38 PM

Unlocked by request.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#463 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:47 PM

PARTY ON!

buFjvkW.gif

• balaceanca81 likes this

#464 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:50 PM

cool.  death is coming.  go back to 1990s Links.  

• Jesus Jones likes this

#465 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:50 PM

cool.  death is coming.  go back to 1990s Links.  

cheer up Vance

You can just choose to not click on this thread!

Problem = Solved

:D  ;)

zip

boom

bonjour!

• trailblazergolf likes this

#466 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:54 PM

Its  stupid to allow trolls to scare potential simulator and pc players away...but wtf do I know.

• trailblazergolf and Jesus Jones like this

#467 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:58 PM

Its  stupid to allow trolls to scare potential simulator and pc players away...but wtf do I know.

I think you misspelled "customers"  ;) 

AJ will have more news so hopefully he will be able to post soon with more information. Thx for bearing with us!

If anything might scare anyone away, it could be how long "soon" is taking and the lack of official developer participation on their own forum.
Only something from Andrew can really fix that.

In any case - It's best to just have one thread where all this "future talk" takes place.

If it gets locked, invariably a new one opens up before too long.

There's no need to keep reposting Mike's comment about PG1.
We all know that PG2 news or a timeline or "something" is what everyone really cares about.
That's sort of what Riddler was angling at when he started the thread I believe (maybe he'll clarify)

#468 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:12 PM

that was for the one guy that cant read apparently

• Jesus Jones likes this

#469 grumpter

grumpter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 02:03 PM

I know some are getting riled up about this but still supporting the game is not the same thing as still supporting competing sim hardware. Hopefully support will continue for the other sims but who knows.

#470 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 02:08 AM

Trackman would see Flightscope and the GCQuad as competitors. Flightscope is used by about 1% of JNPG users and has never been officially supported (or even charged for), the GCQuad by no-one. The officially supported launch monitor, SkyTrak, isn't competition to Trackman whose target is people willing to spend 10-15x the amount. Even the most popular LM on JNPG, the GC2, isn't their competition, but they may wish to divert those upgrading from a GC2 to a Quad to a TM. Best keep them incubating and happy, IMO.

#471 grumpter

grumpter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 05:13 PM

Oh, I think you are wrong about which products you think they consider their competition and what products consumers consider to be their competition.

#472 MimicPS

MimicPS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:03 AM

(edited)

Many of the things that sim users want to see are compatible with a computer/console game so many aspects of the engine and interface will work equally well for both. The obvious difference between a sim based system and a game is that there's less use for a character animation in the sim so obviously lower on the list of priorities. I guess it begs the question - would a better PG with even better physics, graphics, user interface and a career mode be of any use as a 'game'  if it existed without an avatar? What would that do to immersion or perhaps a more sim based interface with a first person view would be better?

Hopefully this will give lots of food for discussion as we work towards a future where sim , VR and pc/console play will be all part of the same 'ecosphere'

With a view to whether an animation has a place in a shared ecosystem between simulator and game, I can see this working. Should there be an additional camera (or range of cameras) added, then that could actually feature an animation with ball impacts visible. The data for the execution of the shot, whilst obviously more limited with a gaming interface, could happily co-exist with the outcomes then displayed to the sim user or gamer's preference.

See it as the body movement, and therefore any animation of character, being led purely by the club movement and impact.

One aspect I feel may need additional work in making a truly shared ecosystem with the sort of balance wanted between a sim input and a gamer input would be the 3-click swing method, which lacks the number of variables which movement swings have. As I have said in previous early-access discussion, there is an additional variable which can be utilized, which would replicate the club-to-path input. With the 3-Click meter starting at the extreme of the lowest point of the meter (just past 3 o'clock) and moving back towards the 6 o'clock position, a click required at the bottom would then set the club-to-path as neutral, in-to-out or out-to-in. The following click points would be as normal. An additional advancement would be to also make an option of the click-and-hold method to be built into the backswing from the point at which the power phase starts.

I will remain positive about possible avenues for the product to still exist in both environments, hoping that a long period of silence from certain quarters is more a case of getting all the ducks lined up with a view for a positive step forward to realizing what was the original vision for Perfect Golf bringing all of it various areas of interest into the one fully-realized whole.

#473 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:43 PM

As I have said in previous early-access discussion, there is an additional variable which can be utilized, which would replicate the club-to-path input. With the 3-Click meter starting at the extreme of the lowest point of the meter (just past 3 o'clock) and moving back towards the 6 o'clock position, a click required at the bottom would then set the club-to-path as neutral, in-to-out or out-to-in. The following click points would be as normal. An additional advancement would be to also make an option of the click-and-hold method to be built into the backswing from the point at which the power phase starts.

I agree that an extra click could add an extra variable and create a more complex and realistic swing, but if the click results were visible when initiated, then the clicker would be forewarned if the path was in/out or out/in by accident and could correct with an early/late snap. This would still not put it on par with simulator or other swing methods. Conversely, if the first click had no visible effect it would not be vulnerable to be exploited but may not 'feel' right to the player.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#474 grumpter

grumpter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 12:11 PM

grumpter, on 11 Mar 2018 - 01:28 AM, said:

The pessimist in me tries to read between the lines and what I'm not hearing leads me to believe it is very uncertain for those that use a sim other than TM. If you plan to build courses for JNPG I would tread carefully if using a sim other than TM. If you plan to just play the courses it might not be as big of a loss if/when they switch to TM exclusive use.

zmax - sim, on 11 Mar 2018 - 03:00 AM, said:

LOL.....This is complete nonsense.

Step 1 complete - Stop allowing new subscribers for SkyTrak. Did other sim users get the same message?

How far behind can Step 2 be?
  • Tigers Agent likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users