473 replies to this topic

#41 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 05:49 PM

Comparatively unsuccessful launch of game; disappointing sales of DLC (well of course); way too many bugs to fix instead of updating gameplay; general criticism aimed at developers - yep!

What they have done successfully though is to announce that there will be a PG2 which means they can cease updates on PG1 for the upcoming years of PG2 development. Brilliant (from their point of view).

New business course at the university: “How Not to Develop and Market a Successful Golf Game” by Perfect Parallel.

#42 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 08:29 PM

Very underwhelming pics.
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#43 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 08:37 PM

Pic was just to show the PG2 UI that's being used in the Trackman Simulator.  It's still using PG1.

#44 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:06 PM

Pic was just to show the PG2 UI that's being used in the Trackman Simulator.  It's still using PG1.

Looks a little "cleaner" and more organized, that's for sure.  

#45 ed dawson

ed dawson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:17 AM

I've all but given up with this game.  As an ex-linkster I jumped in at the outset, full of expectations.  This has waned over the years and I now keep a watching brief on the forum in the hope of something happening.  In the meantime, I have found the reincarnation of a game I loved before Links came alone - Elite Dangerous. It was launched 3 or 4 years ago and is being actively developed as it is being played with the developers giving regular feedback to the playing population. It is interesting to consider that the development periods for the two games are fairly similar and sad the one can feel to be growing steadily and the other feel so flat :unsure:

#46 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 31 January 2018 - 06:27 AM

And one is put out by a gaming company with over 200 employees and the other by 4 guys doing it as a sideline.  :D

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#47 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 January 2018 - 07:21 AM

And one is put out by a gaming company with over 200 employees and the other by 4 guys doing it as a sideline.  :D

In the end - for us customers - it doesn't matter. We have a game - or we don't have one.

No question: We are not entitled to have a PG2. But PP has gotten our money already - a little bit more communication about what's going on would be recommended imo.

How long does it take to give us a state of development monthly (Even if they say that they haven't done nothing in the past month!)? If you have a product out there you have to take your time (15 minutes?) to communicate with your current (and maybe future) customers. If you don't do that, it's bad business, simple as that.

• Harald, ed dawson, nightowl and 5 others like this

#48 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:16 AM

Well said Frank. I don't understand why PP have gone from being very communicative to what we have now.
I don't care if PG2 is years down the road I just fail to understand the devs reluctance to post on the forum anymore. It must be a policy because neither Mike nor Andrew post as they used to, even in reply from genuine questions about PG1.
  • ed dawson and Hammerfest like this
WWG1WGA

#49 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 31 January 2018 - 02:09 PM

Completely agree with Frank.  I honestly do not care if PP has 1,000 developers or 2 at this point.  When they were super engaged with the community then yea... that kinda matters and holds some weight.  But that's a vast difference from what we have today.

• Parboy, ed dawson and DivotMaker like this

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#50 trailblazergolf

trailblazergolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 31 January 2018 - 03:35 PM

YUP--AGREE

#51 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 02 February 2018 - 09:10 PM

everyone runs around the forums saying that PG is just a side line of PP

well maybe they ought to change the text on one of their steam profiles.

ZBHvm4D.jpg

• Ted_Ball likes this

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#52 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 02 February 2018 - 10:26 PM

Everyone?  Nah, some realize that PG1 is over, and PG2 is 

close.  Focus and Commitment to the parts of the business 

that help the lesser parts grow is what keeps the whole from

splintering. 

The "info" rings true, to me anyway.

• Crusher and zmax - sim like this

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#53 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 02 February 2018 - 10:43 PM

may ring true but do you believe it.lol

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#54 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:00 PM

YES, Mike and Andrew have never given me any reason to doubt.

Though I do not know them personally, they have been involved in

PC Golf since before dial-up, and have helped evolve the experience for

us all. Hang in there, the best is yet to come....SOON. 

• cajuncapgun likes this

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#55 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 01:34 AM

Hang in there, the best is yet to come....SOON.

And your basis for this comment is...?
Ken

#56 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 02:39 AM

And your basis for this comment is...?

While nobody knows when PG2 will be ready, NoPutt is correct that PG2 is being worked on and it's is coming.  If you haven't seen it, check out his Q&A with me recently on OGT Discord.

http://www.perfectpa...scord/?p=153090

• scoops100 likes this

#57 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 03 February 2018 - 02:45 AM

While nobody knows when PG2 will be ready, NoPutt is correct that PG2 is being worked on and it's is coming. If you haven't seen it, check out his Q&A with me recently on OGT Discord.

I would but evidently I don’t have access.
Richard

Posted Image

#58 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 03:01 AM

I would but evidently I don’t have access.

That's strange.   Everybody should have access.   Try clearing your browser cache.  And log back in

#59 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 07:18 AM

While nobody knows when PG2 will be ready, NoPutt is correct that PG2 is being worked on and it's is coming.  If you haven't seen it, check out his Q&A with me recently on OGT Discord.

My issue isn't whether or not PG2 is close to release but why the dev team don't post on their forum anymore? If there is a genuine reason for this why not take five minutes to tell everyone?
  • Tresclub and Parboy like this
WWG1WGA

#60 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 03 February 2018 - 09:31 AM

That's strange. Everybody should have access. Try clearing your browser cache. And log back in

Sorry still doesn’t work for me on my iPhone. Will try later on my laptop.
Richard

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users