#21 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 31 March 2018 - 03:19 PM

Well, i went back to check anyway. :rolleyes: So, just to let you know where I 'got hit' in the FPS: the T-shots on 2, 3, 4, 8, 11, 14 and 18, all around 20FPS. The 2nd shots on 2, 7,11 and 18. The 3rd shot on 2 (around green); on the green no problems. The 13th on the green facing the back of it. For me, the lowest FPS was on the 18th tee (17FPS) :o . I was playing from the Champ-tees. Hope this helps out! 

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#22 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 31 March 2018 - 07:01 PM

The second hole seems to be the most problematic. I might have to drastically overhaul the planting to see if anything improves there, or maybe try a different version of those large trees.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#23 andrewjjones43#

andrewjjones43#

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 11:45 PM

Just played Blackwolf Run after reading this thread. Absolutely superb course. I loved every aspect of the course apart from the number of shots it took me to get round.
Congratulations on a truly brilliant course.

#24 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 01:24 PM

I suspect with the 2nd hole looks it's those most distant trees in the middle of your screenshot. If one travels up the fairway, even going way past the green looking at even more of those distant trees, fps drops another 25%.

It only appears when they are occluded by closer trees that fps starts to nicely rise again.

#25 xooze

xooze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationSE Minnesota

Posted 24 May 2018 - 01:30 AM

Matt just played this course again and on holes 2, 3, 4, 8, 11, 14, 18, the frame rate drops in to the 19 to 24 fps range. I used the free flight camera to fly straight out from the tees. Is it possible the wall around the water on 4 and 14 could be the problem, it comes into view from all these holes, once you are past these walls the frame rate goes up. I'm not sure if you are still interested in checking it out. Thanks for all the courses you make.

Bob R

• Charles likes this

#26 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:11 AM

Maybe I'll remove the wall entirely as an experiment and see what happens. That wall was from a sketchup object so it wouldn't surprise me if it was a memory hog. That was one major change that I did make from the original release. I may try building something using the house builder pieces instead. 

#27 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 05:15 AM

OK - I have followed through and deleted the entire rock wall and did a course build to see what happened. I got an improvement of anywhere from 15-25 FPS on the second and fourth tee boxes.

So I guess we have our culprit. I never would have thought it considering the biggest FPS hit is two holes away from the problem. It looks like I'll have to find a more economical method of building that rock wall.

#28 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 08:55 PM

I also decided to rebuild the clubhouse using House Builder and get rid of all the Sketchup objects completely. I think that + the new rock wall should improve performance for everyone.

• xooze and balaceanca81 like this

#29 xooze

xooze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationSE Minnesota

Posted 26 May 2018 - 10:29 PM

Thanks Matt for looking into this. I really like this course.

Bob R

#30 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 11:54 PM

With the new wall and new clubhouse in place, I'm getting about a 15-20 FPS improvement over the old course. I've gone ahead and sent the new build to OGT.

It will be called version 2.1 and the splash screen will reflect it.

I hope that this course will perform much better now for everyone going forward. 

• xooze likes this

#31 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 27 May 2018 - 05:42 AM

Thanks for your continued efforts to Make it better.. It is a fantastic design...

Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#32 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 May 2018 - 09:31 AM

Good show old man  :D

#33 erwildcat

erwildcat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • LocationPiedmont North Carolina

Posted 27 May 2018 - 04:10 PM

Thanks for the update!

ASUS Microsoft Windows 11 Home, AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 6 Core(s),  (RAM) 16.0 GB

#34 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 05:24 PM

Just played the latest version and agree: great improvements now make this beautiful design not only great eye candy but a real joy to play. Now ... I hope to play par (let alone break it) only once!!! :huh: -_- :unsure: :D What a Mother this course is, phew!

• erwildcat likes this

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#35 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 10:22 PM

It's that hard in real life, too.

It's also been the most difficult course for me to get right as a designer.

• Charles likes this

#36 Tresclub

Tresclub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa, CA USA

Posted 18 August 2018 - 02:00 AM

PerfectGolfMember2.jpg 

“You only live once, do it right, and once is enough."

Windows 10 Home 64-bit |Intel® Core™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.2GHz | nVidea GeForce GTX 1070 FTW
16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 | 2/Samsung EVO 850 500gb SSD | Corsair 600cx PwrSup
BenQ ZOWIE 27" 1ms LCD HD | DirectX 12 | Realtek High Definition Audio | HD Pro Webcam C920

#37 Arsam

Arsam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 18 August 2018 - 02:20 AM

Yes indeed a very challenging course Matt and a very beautiful rendition. 

Came across a minor glitch though on the 10th hole, the large bunker to the left of the green reacts like water.  My ball landed in the bunker and I was presented with the splash sound of landing in water accompanied with a large splash graphic.  It stilled played as a bunker though, so it is not a major problem.

• Charles likes this

RTS-Mouse Swing, Pro Level, BLI

HP Pavilion 790-0025T Minitower Gaming PC
Intel Hexa-Core i7-8700 cpu @ 3.2 GHz (Turbo up to 4.6 GHz), 12 MB Cache
64-bit Operating Sys​tem, x64 Based Processor
400 Watt Power Supply
16 GB DDR4-26666MHz 2-DIMM Memory
NVidia GeForce GTX1060 3GB Gaming Graphic Card

DELL D3218HN 31.5" Full HD LED Back-Lit HDMI Monitor, 1920 x 1080 at 60Hz  Maximum Resolution, 4,000,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio

Windows 10 Home Edition, 64 bit - DirecrX v.12.0

#38 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 18 August 2018 - 08:34 AM

It's that hard in real life, too. It's also been the most difficult course for me to get right as a designer.

It's an almost unbelievable tough course. Even if one finds the fairway or green with every T-shot (which I am far from) it's a course where local knowledge is crucial. Lot's of shots are very treacherous. Danger abounds on this course. From water to dense forest, to rolling fairways and even pot-bunker type sandtraps are lurking. And then, to top it all off, there are the sometimes huge elevation changes all over the place. You really have to find your way here before getting lost. :P  I tremble at the thought playing this monster in real life! For me, this is one of the toughest courses in JNPG. Many congrats for pulling it off and presenting a truly great challenge. It's one of your finest efforts to date.

• Greensboronclion likes this

= Arnold Palmer =

#39 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 20 August 2018 - 04:31 AM

Blackwolf Run is in my opinion, the toughest course currently available for JNPG and can best be described as a white knuckle ride.  This is especially true if you use RTSM as your control method because if you get an offset where you hit it off the toe or heel when trying to clear one of the many water hazards you will be in the water, guaranteed.  The undulations, slopes, elevation changes and narrow landing areas where an off line shot can find a hazard add to the difficulty.

I just finished the latest Real Timers Country Club tournament where two of the rounds were played at Blackwolf Run and I shot gross scores of 76 and 78 at Pro level.  I feel fortunate to score what I did as I was scrambling both rounds and had to make a number of difficult clutch putts.  I probably hit 7 to 8 balls in to the water over the two rounds and had a 9 on 12th hole in my last round.   Ouch!

That being said, I love the course and the challenges it presents.  It is without doubt one of the most interesting and exhausting courses to play.  Thank you for rendering this gem!

• erwildcat and Greensboronclion like this

RTSM - Pro

#40 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 05:30 AM

I did it without Lidar - I actually did it in Links first from an inherited plot, and then converted it. So it might not actually be completely accurate, but who knows..... unfortunately Lidar in Wisconsin is really spotty.

Should LIDAR ever become available, I actually think I will probably do a new version, and I'd really like to do the Meadow Valleys course someday too. The original course there is actually nine holes taken from each and they use that composite for tournaments.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users