47 replies to this topic

#1 tamuchan

tamuchan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 05:53 AM

This patch is only for Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf ver1.4.3.0 .
It can be downloaded from
https://mega.nz/#!ks...XUqoEcLumLVRjOY

Features:
Supports reflective and refractive water by replacing "Perfect Parallel/Water" shader
The framerate is about 1.4 times by killing the process of translucent Menu Screen.
Extends Tree Quality range for low-power GPUs
Exclusive fullscreen mode is enabled. (AMD CrossFire is enabled only in exclusive fullscreen mode.)
NVIDIA SLI is enabled.

Reflective and refractive water:
"R" Key to change Water Mode
Every time you push "R" Key on courses, Water Mode changes like
reflective(default) -> refractive -> "Perfect Parallel/Water" -> reflective -> refractive ->

"N" Key to turn off or on reflective(or refractive) creeks (in the default setting, all creeks are reflective or refractive)
Every time you push "N" Key on courses, creeks' Water Mode changes like
reflective or refractive (default) -> "Perfect Parallel/Water" -> reflective or refractive ->

"N" Key is enabled in reflective mode and refractive mode.
This option is for courses with many creeks.

'Creek' is defined as a waterplane with fulfilling at least one of the following conditions
a) waterplane.transform.localScale.x<=3.0f
B) waterplane.transform.localScale.z<=3.0f
c) the name of a waterplane contains the string "Creek" or "creek"

a) and B) are effective in Firestone South (by Cintigolfer) Hole 1 and Augusta Hole 13 .
c) is effective in Sedgefield CC Ross Course (by Cintigolfer) .

When you end Perfect Golf, water settings are not saved.

This patch changes waterplane shaders ("FX/Water" or "Perfect Parallel/Water") depending on distance from Main Camera.

How to get a better framerate for course designers:
As few waterplanes as possible
If some waterplanes are at the same level and horizonal, this patch can reduce render processes.
But if many waterplanes have different positions of y or are not horizonal, you get the worst framerate.

Known issue:
When a waterplane that is being culled comes in view, a huge spike occurs.
This problem comes from internal culling processes in Unity.

How to patch:

Replace "Assembly-CSharp.dll", "Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll", "mainData",and "resources.assets" with my patched files.

In the default setting for Steam,
"Assembly-CSharp.dll" and "Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll" are in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Perfect Golf\Perfect Golf_Data\Managed
"mainData" and "resources.assets" are in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Perfect Golf\Perfect Golf_Data

You should backup the original files before replacing them.

GTX 660M, i7-3610QM
1366x768 Ultra High, Vsync off, Dynamic Sky off
Florida Glades CC Hole 17 on the tee
normal: 32fps
patched: 44fps
reflective: 29fps
refractive: 25fps
  • Acrilix likes this

#2 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 09:58 AM

Nice job.

Just note that game patches like this will likely not work in multiplayer games unless all players have the patch due to anti-cheat measures, and even then, Steam may also be checked to ensure there has been no file tampering.

#3 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 05:58 PM

tamuchan,

Please make a mod for randomized and selectable pins/tees.

Sincerely,

Everyone
  • Keith, erwildcat and spy88 like this

#4 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 18 April 2018 - 11:56 PM

Has anyone given this a shot yet? If so how bout sharing your thoughts/pics?

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#5 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 19 April 2018 - 02:35 AM

Has anyone given this a shot yet? If so how bout sharing your thoughts/pics?

It seems to work as advertised.  Can use the "R" key to toggle between reflective, refractive (slightly darker and wavier), and default PP.  At a course designed to be reflective (PGA National_R), the toggle has no effect.

• axe360 likes this

#6 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:54 PM

I need to check this out when I can tear myself away long enough from Skyrim VR!  :lol:

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#7 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 24 April 2018 - 12:34 AM

Just made this video to demonstrate tamuchan's patch. I haven't tested it in a round yet so I don't know if it will affect swings etc unduly, but it will hit your frame rate. Refractive takes my FPS down about 50% and reflective slightly less. There is an FPS counter in the bottom left corner of the video that should be readable if watching in HD.

The patch did make my game flash slightly when booting up, and tabbing out of the game in full screen mode locked up the game and I had to shut down using Task Manager. I tested again in Windows mode and there was no lock up problem when I switched and returned to JNPG in this mode. I'll hopefully test out if multiplayer is possible with my brother tomorrow.

Overall I think tamushan has done a great job to bring this feature to JNPG. It is very easy to install.... Just a matter of backing up and then overwriting 4 files, and switching between normal/reflective/refractive is just a press of the 'R' key.

:)

• IanK likes this

#8 tamuchan

tamuchan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 09:32 AM

tabbing out of the game in full screen mode locked up the game and I had to shut down using Task Manager.

There are two ways to prevent that issue.

1. After you change fullscreen mode to windowed mode in graphics settings, tab out of the game.

2. If you don't need exclusive fullscreen mode, replace "mainData" with the following file.

"mainData" with borderless fullscreen mode
https://mega.nz/#!Yh...dqcBh6sN3xbecNg

• Acrilix likes this

#9 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 24 April 2018 - 10:32 AM

2. If you don't need exclusive fullscreen mode, replace "mainData" with the following file.

"mainData" with borderless fullscreen mode
https://mega.nz/#!Yh...dqcBh6sN3xbecNg

Excellent. This seems to work perfectly, and also cures the flashing issue when booting the game too.  :)

#10 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:59 AM

OK. Following up my earlier post, I have now tried multiplayer using the patch and can confirm there is no issue at all playing other people with this patch, whether they have the patch themselves or not! There may still be issues with tournament play.... I don't play in them so haven't tested, but it is working fine for normal multiplayer.

My thanks to tamuchan... it really is a fantastic mod and I'm surprised that there has not been more interest in it around here. The best thing is you can easily flick between the modes at any time if you encounter any frame rate issues, so it becomes a non-issue, unlike courses that have dedicated reflective water added to them.

I guess that most people really have left this site now, or are just too scared or apathetic to try it out!  :unsure:

#11 highfade

highfade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:12 AM

I'll definitely try this, the video looks great.  I'm just so curious what else can be patched.

Good for screenshots, thanks so much.  Doesn't work with beta though, took me I while to figure that out. :wacko:  

DWl3xqH.jpg

• Acrilix likes this

Intel Core i5-6600 CPU 3.3 GHz       Geforce GTX 1060        16GB  RAM       Windows 10 64 bit

Hazyview  (600m above sea level)    --   Nautilus Bay  (Revamp done)  --  Cape Fear  (TGC  adaptation)  --  Aloe Ridge  --  Nahoon Reef GC  --  Chambers Bay 

Abel's Crossing  --  Solitude Links GC

#12 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 01:54 PM

@tamuchan

This works really nicely, thank you so much for your efforts on creating and sharing this!

Question for you:

Do you think there would be any way to assign a background color to the formerly transparent areas?

#13 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 25 April 2018 - 04:09 PM

Played the Walker Course by NoPutt today as I thought this would really benefit from reflective water (the current fake reflection on this course is pretty bad) but the patch does not work on this course. I'm guessing some sort of non-standard shader/water plane is being used on this course?

#14 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 25 April 2018 - 06:40 PM

Tried the patch and works as stated. Certainly improves the look of courses with bodies of water, instead of those lame default reflection planes.

Did notice there is no transparency where the water meets the land, which is a shame, as this is something that was always irked a lot of players with the default PP water as the join between water and land looks too sharp. The PP courses with reflective water have this transparency and it would be nice if this patch had it as an additional option to ones already available.

All in all, great work with the patch.

#15 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:02 PM

Did notice there is no transparency where the water meets the land, which is a shame, as this is something that was always irked a lot of players with the default PP water as the join between water and land looks too sharp. The PP courses with reflective water have this transparency and it would be nice if this patch had it as an additional option to ones already available.

True - Good point and notice on your part..

I agree with your main point though, that in general this is a huge upgrade for any courses with water that don't have an R version.

It's really cool to cycle through the options on such a course and see just how much better it looks with real reflections of the sky/scenery.

Some of the non reflective water surfaces on courses aren't too bad, but they really pale in comparison when you can quickly toggle into/out-of real reflections mode.

#16 gatekeeper

gatekeeper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationLeduc, AB, Canada

Posted 25 April 2018 - 08:12 PM

i have tried the patch... it says it supports SLI? ... i run telemetry on my rig and really can't see it using the second card? how is SLI: enabled, i see nothing? when i play games that have SLI: support, it uses both cards equally... cheers for your attempt to bring this game into the present!

#17 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 25 April 2018 - 08:25 PM

Played the Walker Course by NoPutt today as I thought this would really benefit from reflective water (the current fake reflection on this course is pretty bad) but the patch does not work on this course. I'm guessing some sort of non-standard shader/water plane is being used on this course?

I used a standard PP waterplane, not sure what the issue might be. 

I haven't tried the patch, but I may revisit The Walker Course and add reflective water and

a few other upgrades at some point.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#18 tamuchan

tamuchan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 08:28 PM

Do you think there would be any way to assign a background color to the formerly transparent areas?

Is this about Menu Screen ?
If so, I think it is possible to assign a background color. But I need to find a way to have no effect on the framerate.

#19 tamuchan

tamuchan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 08:31 PM

I fixed the bug. Replace "Assembly-CSharp.dll" with the following file.
https://mega.nz/#!Up...rykPVukx80wQ524

#20 tamuchan

tamuchan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 09:02 PM

i have tried the patch... it says it supports SLI? ... i run telemetry on my rig and really can't see it using the second card? how is SLI: enabled, i see nothing? when i play games that have SLI: support, it uses both cards equally

I think you need to add a new profile about "Perfect Golf" on NVIDIA Control Panel or "NVIDIA Inspector".
And enable SLI in the profile.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users