#21 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 04 June 2018 - 11:12 AM

Hmmm....14 starters in the Tour Pro Official at Bethesda. I can't say I'm surprised.

I guess that means the Tour Pro guys concentrate on the OGT and PGLS tournaments. That's what those sites are there for. Everyone's happy.

#22 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 04 June 2018 - 11:14 AM

Its good to see an interest again in the official events and its always good to have options.  As Affo stated we have two good well run tours now and we would be wise to not only grow them but the official events as tours are where you pick up your players and the fact is people like to compete and see how they stack up.  I also thing that the suggestion by Mike to maybe have weekly official events would be a big help as a lot of players who don't play the tours play their four rounds in a day or so and then are gone for the rest of the month.  There needs to be a way to let players know there are two other tours out there to join to get more people involved in the game.  Good to hear this kind of stuff being talked about in the forum instead of complaining and probably the most alive I have seen this forum in over a year.  

• Ted_Ball likes this

#23 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 01:36 PM

Have to be honest, I don't want to join a tour... just participate in a tournament here and there.  

#24 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 09:32 AM

Two new weekly tournaments have been added. Pro 36 holes at Chicago and Amateur 36 holes at Massachusetts

• ✠ davef ✠, Greensboronclion, Ted_Ball and 1 other like this

#25 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 11:14 AM

Thanks Mike and I think I am going to play the Amateur at RTSM and have some fun.

#26 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 12:26 PM

Wonderful. Thanks Mike.

#27 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 01:22 PM

That's great.

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#28 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 06:48 AM

Congrats to the winners of last weeks weekly events db99 and scoops100.

Two new weekly tournaments have been added - Pro at Florida Glades and Amateur at Royal Troon. Good luck and have fun!

• Joe Habiger and ✠ davef ✠ like this

#29 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 20 June 2018 - 10:30 AM

Thanks, want to play more events but most things are tour pro. Amatuer is the most I can handle in this game.

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#30 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 12:44 PM

Thanks, want to play more events but most things are tour pro. Amatuer is the most I can handle in this game.

Amateur seems to get bigger fields and many more players who manage to complete both rounds in these weekly 36 hole events. It's the level I personally play at now although I do dabble in the more difficult settings from time to time.

#31 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 05:23 PM

Amateur seems to get bigger fields and many more players who manage to complete both rounds in these weekly 36 hole events. It's the level I personally play at now although I do dabble in the more difficult settings from time to time.

Amateur RTS of some kind?
3C?

#32 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 20 June 2018 - 08:06 PM

Would love to play official tournaments as well but they are all set on realistic greens... 90 to 95 % of the time pros are playing on perfect greens...Plus we all know that the realistic greens are not working the same for every1. Pot luck putting from 1 round to the next what 1 guy gets  can be totally different from another guy. hell two guys in the same spot on the green can get two different random putts even when line and power are exactly the same.

Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#33 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 20 June 2018 - 08:27 PM

Would love to play official tournaments as well but they are all set on realistic greens... 90 to 95 % of the time pros are playing on perfect greens...Plus we all know that the realistic greens are not working the same for every1. Pot luck putting from 1 round to the next what 1 guy gets  can be totally different from another guy. hell two guys in the same spot on the green can get two different random putts even when line and power are exactly the same.

thanks ,had no idea of this. first time i have seen it discussed.

wow that dont happen much, just funnin

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#34 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 08:58 PM

meh - whateves..

It just doesn't bother me - no money is on the line here - we are just having virtual fun

Honestly, all sorts of relevant variables can be different for real life players on the exact same day if they come through much more than immediately right one after another.

I love realistic greens in this game.  But I don't care what they get set on anymore.
At this point I'm just happy to have an occasional official tourney to play, on basically any settings.

• scoops100 and Greensboronclion like this

#35 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 09:58 PM

Would love to play official tournaments...but... two guys in the same spot on the green can get two different random putts even when line and power are exactly the same.

Try not to get on the exact same spot as another guy. Try hard. That might solve your problem. 

Love is a funny thing.

• Greensboronclion likes this

#36 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 10:30 PM

Thanks Mike. I love the official tournaments. I play the Pro for a challenge and to feel like an Amateur and the Amateur to feel like a Pro. Perfect mix. True.

I'm wondering why they aren't four-rounders? Maybe they will be one day. But I'm happy in the meantime.

#37 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 10:55 PM

You're under the impression that golf is meant to be a fair game - it's not and never has been. Next time you get a chance to look at a PGA tour broadcast when the camera gets close to the ground watch how much the ball weaves around on the surface. This cannot be accounted for an no amount of reading the green will allow you to predict exactly what the putt will do across a real green surface. I don't want this to become a real green v perfect green thread though so you have had your say and I have had mine - lets move on.

• ✠ davef ✠, Greensboronclion and ZenHogan like this

#38 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 11:32 PM

Thanks Mike. I love the official tournaments. I play the Pro for a challenge and to feel like an Amateur and the Amateur to feel like a Pro. Perfect mix. True.

I'm wondering why they aren't four-rounders? Maybe they will be one day. But I'm happy in the meantime.

Ted are you playing the RTSM Am event?  If so I will also play and use RTSM and record the rounds and throw them in the file for future use and we can have a little Down under vs USA comp.  Lol.

• Ted_Ball likes this

#39 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 20 June 2018 - 11:46 PM

missed some of these but im doing a lot of tourneys now days.

i will find some time to get on these again.

i just do have to say im glad and my thoughts on PG2 are all good i do realize

we will not see it for a while but this is working good so i can wait.

thanks fella's for finding some time to set these and doing some chatting in the forums.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#40 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 11:49 PM

I have been trying to find time to play your event also Dave but to many rounds right now.  I promise to give your event starting tomorrow a go this week and try to get my rounds in.  Nice leaderboard you had there also.  

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users