#21 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:11 PM

The fact that somebody was willing to pay them means there’s value there somewhere in the chain. There’s no theft or con going on. They’re getting paid for creating value for someone or some audience.

The same can be said of other forms of entertainment you are subjectivly referring to as “rubbish”.

Just because you don’t care for it doesn’t mean nobody else does.

Buck do you really have to go after everyone on this?  Rap and hip hop have zero value other than to teach kids that violence is cool, respect means fear, all women are whores (except the rappers mother). etc.  All of this is indeed rubbish.  Good luck trying to put a favourable spin on such garbage as this and Tiger.

#22 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:16 PM

Yep. Agree completely. Unless they are literally stealing or forceably taking the money then value has been created.

Do you fork over your money for entertainment that you don't like?? LOL!!

You guys really appear to have a warped and self absorbed view of the world. There are tons of things that other people like that I don't. But that doesn't mean that there is no value in it just because I don't personally like it!

A warped view of the world is accepting this trash as having anything of value.  Seriously, where is the value of talking about gangbanging, violence, treating all women as sex objects, rapping about their "flesh arrows", etc?  There is no value in this whatsoever.  The attitude you display on this subject leads me to believe you are of the millennial snowflake generation.  Sorry Mebby, those with morals know the truth, they know right over wrong.

#23 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:20 PM

I'm starting to wonder if we have a few racists on the forum..

• Drgnslyr221 and mebby like this

#24 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:22 PM

A warped view of the world is accepting this trash as having anything of value. Seriously, where is the value of talking about gangbanging, violence, treating all women as sex objects, rapping about their "flesh arrows", etc? There is no value in this whatsoever. The attitude you display on this subject leads me to believe you are of the millennial snowflake generation. Sorry Mebby, those with morals know the truth, they know right over wrong.

Probably best for you to crawl back in your safe little hole and hide away from the abundance of sin surrounding you.
  • Buck likes this

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#25 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:23 PM

LOL!

"Value" is subjective in some ways and not subjective at all in other ways.  There are rappers and hip hop artist out there that will make more money tomorrow morning from 6am to 7am than you'll make in a life time.  There's no arguing that they have created value because they can count it in their bank account.  They don't need your self righteous approval and pulpit stomping antics to determine what value they have created.  Trust me.  Supply and demand don't lie.

Tiger is no different.

It seems you are of the bling bling generation.  Who cares about how much money someone else makes?  I am not weak minded enough to follow the Royal Family in the news because I do not idolize people with money.  It seem self evident that you think to have worth one must make oodles of it.  Value is not measured by how much it sells.  Value is something with merit which rap and hip hop have none of.  Sorry snowflake but you are in the wrong.

post script...  You called me self righteous because I refuse to honour a boy, not a man, who cheated on his wife.  Are you really that far gone down the Liberal trail?

#26 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:24 PM

0iga0av.png

Translation:

Value is highly subjective and open to interpretation and holding different weights for different audiences.

#27 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:25 PM

I'm starting to wonder if we have a few racists on the forum..

Pulling the racial card issue is what is used when loosing an argument.  How dare you insinuate I am one.  I hate boys not men of ALL skin colours who cheat!  I see it was unwise to unblock you Buck.  You are but a condescending troublemaker who will fight for evil over good just to have something to post about.  BLOCKED.

#28 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:27 PM

Probably best for you to crawl back in your safe little hole and hide away from the abundance of sin surrounding you.

Boy - No kidding..

#29 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:29 PM

Maybe.  Or, as I said, people are just bored and will give money away as long as there are lights and sounds on the screen.

A nice way of looking at it, but when things have never been worse (I'm talking cinema specifically) surely there will be a point when, after every single comic book and YA novel has been strip-mined, the masses will say 'enough is enough.'  Or maybe not.  I probably won't see it happen in my lifetime.

How did we get here from Tiger?  Something about who a person is vs what they provide in entertainment?  In televised sport I think their personalities come into it.  In Australia we finally got sick of watching our cheating, bullying cricket team and sacked some players.  From that perspective, I don't enjoy watching Tiger as much as I used to.  Affairs happen, but he had a rotating roster.  And he should've been disqualified from the Masters for that dodgy drop.  Once a certain number of scandals build up, it's hard to see the player behind them.

Even if he does start winning again it's not going to lift golf back to where it was in his prime.  It'll just be a foot note to a brilliant, tarnished career.

A brilliant post!

#30 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:33 PM

It is indeed wisdom for you to stand in front of the mirror and repeat those words.

#31 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:37 PM

News Flash Mebby and Buck (same person)...If news came out my favourite golfer and the world's best ever, Jack Nicklaus was cheating on his wife, I would detest him too.  If my father or mother cheated I would detest and disown them.  It has everything to do with right over wrong and NOTHING to do with being racist.  You are damn lucky you were not here saying such atrocities to my face!

#32 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:37 PM

I assure you, Mebby and I are not the same person.

We live on opposite sides of the USA actually.

Perhaps you should ask Mike or Andrew to verify our IP address locations and login IP history over time to assuage your concerns there.

#33 Drgnslyr221

Drgnslyr221

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationLakewood, CO

Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:48 PM

Buck do you really have to go after everyone on this? Rap and hip hop have zero value other than to teach kids that violence is cool, respect means fear, all women are whores (except the rappers mother). etc. All of this is indeed rubbish. Good luck trying to put a favourable spin on such garbage as this and Tiger.

I don't like hip-hop/rap, but I have some friends that do and there is plenty of hip hop that doesn't condone any of that.

I'm tired of people looking to sports stars and celebrities to be role models. While I was really disappointed how he treated his wife I also realize it's none of my damn business.

#34 Drgnslyr221

Drgnslyr221

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationLakewood, CO

Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:50 PM

You would disown your parents for cheating on each other? Wow, you sound like a self righteous bore. Something about glass houses.
  • Buck likes this

#35 Drgnslyr221

Drgnslyr221

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationLakewood, CO

Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:52 PM

Can we please leave the liberal/ conservative argument out of this. There are plenty of terrible people on both sides.
  • Buck likes this

#36 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 July 2018 - 06:25 PM

News Flash Mebby and Buck (same person)...If news came out my favourite golfer and the world's best ever, Jack Nicklaus was cheating on his wife, I would detest him too. If my father or mother cheated I would detest and disown them. It has everything to do with right over wrong and NOTHING to do with being racist. You are damn lucky you were not here saying such atrocities to my face!

I'd love to meet you face to face actually. I'll gladly send you my address and personally fly you here. Don't believe me? Try. Please.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#37 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 July 2018 - 07:11 PM

It seems you are of the bling bling generation.  Who cares about how much money someone else makes?  I am not weak minded enough to follow the Royal Family in the news because I do not idolize people with money.  It seem self evident that you think to have worth one must make oodles of it.  Value is not measured by how much it sells.  Value is something with merit which rap and hip hop have none of.  Sorry snowflake but you are in the wrong.

post script...  You called me self righteous because I refuse to honour a boy, not a man, who cheated on his wife.  Are you really that far gone down the Liberal trail?

LOL!!  Bling bling generation?  What is that exactly?  I'm 42 years old and belong to Generation X.  I don't care how much many anyone makes.  You seem to be applying the term "value" to broadly mean whatever you want whenever it best benefits your cause.  Tiger Woods is absolutely 100% valuable to the PGA TOUR and golf in general.  That's a fact.  You may have personal issues with his integrity and his life choices but that's an entirely different story.  Many people can happily separate the personal transgressions of sports icons and celebrities in order to appreciate the particular talents that they are sharing with the world.  Apparently in your world, someone has to be perfect in order to garner your support.  I'd be willing to bet that any individual celebrity that you DO happen to support has their own personal issues that you either know about and look the other way or you simply don't know about them.  I hate to break it to you but no one is perfect.  No one.  Not even you.

I'd also be willing to bet that this whole discussion has more to do about race than anything else.  Name one non-white celebrity that you idolize or appreciate??  Your statements are rife racial innuendos.  Sometimes the truth hurts.

• Buck likes this

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#38 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:13 PM

-----------------------------------

Please note that everyone is entitled to an opinion without insults being thrown around so please no personal attacks no matter how wrong you think the other person is. 

Last time I checked there is no spectator sport called the 'nicest and most moral person in the world championship' Perhaps there is but it's not televised.  :lol:

#39 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:17 PM

Can we please leave the liberal/ conservative argument out of this. There are plenty of terrible people on both sides.

Agreed. I learned this during 2016 and found myself suddenly at odds with many people who I thought were on the same "side" I was, including members of my immediate family. My mother and I had a very nasty argument one day about politics, which I never thought would ever happen.

As for music.... I could go on for years about that, being on the fringes of the business and having been trying to make a career out of it since I was 19 years old. I think I'm maturing on that front.... I used to dismiss anything in a genre I didn't like as garbage. I'm beginning to see that the genre is really not relevant if a song is truly great. I think most of the things I hate about "bad" music are more a result of production techniques I don't care for or the personality behind it.

I'm not really a fan of hip hop, and I used to be really, really bothered by sampling. But I've come to the conclusion that neither is going to go away, and in the case of sampling, I've actually found it is a fun way to discover some obscure old records by sourcing where the samples come from. 

• Buck likes this

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#40 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:25 PM

I love me some 90's rap & hip hop..

There are some epic songs from that era - most of it preferable to me than newer stuff in the same genre.

No doubt I'm just showing my age and preference for the 90's though.  haha

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users