#21 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 02:19 AM

No - He didn't.

Per RobV's point above, if you don't like a splash screen that came with a course, use your own custom one.
Many of us have been doing that for well over a year - in fact most of the ones I use are custom ones.

i cant understand how some people have a problem with a splash screen they dont like, yuck.

Actually he did buck.  Look at the last word of the sentence "yuck".  That means he thought the splash screen sucks.

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#22 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 02:23 AM

seems like a reasonable request I guess

R

Thank you Rob for being able to understand a request/suggestion vs a demand.

• axe360 likes this

xqc8g0-2.png

Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

#23 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 11 December 2018 - 02:31 AM

Yup, that's what it was, " A Request." Shouldn't be attacked for that. Come on folks.

• Crusher likes this

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#24 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 02:37 AM

LOL, I don't think it's dumb at all. Like Rob said designers put hundreds of hours into these courses and months of time. And you're going to come on complaining about a Splash screen? After all of the time they put into building the course it's their choice to put up whatever splash screen they choose. Like Rob said if it bothers you that much go in and change the splash screen. If you're not Tech savvy do a search or asked for someone to explain how to do it. It's really quite easy.

This is the simple answer to this thread - which should honestly be locked.

#25 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 02:45 AM

This is the simple answer to this thread - which should honestly be locked.

Buck. Again you want to call it a complaint when it was a simple suggestion.  I told you in the previous post it's not wise to go toe-to-toe with me in the forum, not any more. Take the hint and stop being a PITA.

Seriously. Do you want a sixth suspension?

xqc8g0-2.png

Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

#26 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 02:51 AM

Buck. Again you want to call it a complaint when it was a simple suggestion.  I told you in the previous post it's not wise to go toe-to-toe with me in the forum, not any more. Take the hint and stop being a PITA.

Seriously. Do you want a sixth suspension?

"a sixth suspension"?

You must be thinking of someone else.

I've never been suspended one single time - Ask Mike

I'm not interested in this personal stuff.
No name calling, none of the nonsense.  
Let's all move on here and keep it above board please.

Staying on the topic of the thread - You request is noted obviously.
That said - just solve it on your end by changing in your own splash screens.

#27 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 02:53 AM

I've never been suspended one single time - Ask Mike

I'm not interested in the personal stuff you like to get into.
No name calling, none of the nonsense.  Let's all move on here and keep it above board please.

Staying on the topic of the thread - You request is noted obviously.
That said - just solve it on your end by changing in your own splash screens.

It was a request.  Sure I can edit the screenies but I talk on behalf of those people who are not able to do the things we take for granted. In the case of the original responses, they all were way off base.

It was a request, not a complaint.

Stop perpetuating the flaming.  I am trying to keep you out of trouble, again.

xqc8g0-2.png

Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

#28 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 02:54 AM

It was a request.  Sure I can edit the screenies 

Great

Let's move on

#29 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 02:55 AM

Great

Let's move on

Smart decision.

xqc8g0-2.png

Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

#30 Drrobmiller

Drrobmiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationLong island

Posted 11 December 2018 - 01:34 PM

Thank you Rob for being able to understand a request/suggestion vs a demand.

Well,...its a request, I guess

The designer can process it.  But understand...maybe the designer likes these cartoons or animes.. His or hers course that was labored on.

Could be a kid somewhere that's into this stuff.

really dosen't bother me.

• axe360 likes this

#31 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 December 2018 - 02:25 PM

It's very simple to me.  If I come across a course that doesn't look appealing to me then I just move on.  I'd never request that any particular designer cater to my personal preferences for course design or splash screens.  That's the whole point of designing - they create their own vision and put it out there.

Now if you're paying someone to do some work for you then that's very different - you should have say in what they deliver but that's not what this scenario is at all.  Not even close.

Some people simply have no couth.  

Imagine  browsing books in Barnes and Noble and you stumble across a book cover that personally turns you off.  What do you do?  Move on.  Would you EVER in ANY scenario ask Barnes and Noble to request that the authors of the books they sell consider adhering to certain guidelines based on your personal preferences?  LOL!  I guess some might but they'd get laughed right out of the store.

• Affo, Buck and Justin9926 like this

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#32 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 04:59 PM

It's very simple to me.  If I come across a course that doesn't look appealing to me then I just move on.  I'd never request that any particular designer cater to my personal preferences for course design or splash screens.  That's the whole point of designing - they create their own vision and put it out there.

Now if you're paying someone to do some work for you then that's very different - you should have say in what they deliver but that's not what this scenario is at all.  Not even close.

Some people simply have no couth.  

Imagine  browsing books in Barnes and Noble and you stumble across a book cover that personally turns you off.  What do you do?  Move on.  Would you EVER in ANY scenario ask Barnes and Noble to request that the authors of the books they sell consider adhering to certain guidelines based on your personal preferences?  LOL!  I guess some might but they'd get laughed right out of the store.

Last response on this topic from me.

If you cannot read that it was a request, not a demand, then you are simply flaming the topic, mebbe.  You too are guilty of constant agitation in this forum. I suggest to curb that impulse to save your posting privileges in this forum.

Done with this topic. No more responses from me to anyone.

xqc8g0-2.png

Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

#33 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 11 December 2018 - 05:00 PM

Lol. Way to threaten someone.
  • erwildcat likes this

#34 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 December 2018 - 05:55 PM

Last response on this topic from me.

If you cannot read that it was a request, not a demand, then you are simply flaming the topic, mebbe.  You too are guilty of constant agitation in this forum. I suggest to curb that impulse to save your posting privileges in this forum.

Done with this topic. No more responses from me to anyone.

I'm actually not flaming anyone.  You just take it personally because it's coming from me.  I'd have these same comments no matter who made the post.

But I want to address one thing in your response.  I'm not debating whether this is a request or a demand.  That's not even the point.  I don't care if you're begging pretty please with a cherry on top.  My point is still the same.  For anyone to have the gall to suggest what a designer can and can't do (or should or shouldn't do) with THEIR courses and THEIR splash screens that they spent THEIR OWN personal time delivering to the community is completely without class.  I'm sorry that these comments hurt your feelings so much but it's simply my opinion and the last time I checked it's perfectly OK for me to have an opinion. 

As for my "constant agitation" you are sorely mislead.  You are personally constantly agitated by me but that's a personal problem of yours.  99% of the members here do just fine with my posts.  Why is that you always start requesting moderator approvals or bans whenever someone disagrees with you anyway?  That's not your call.  You just need to put on your big girl panties and realize that it's OK for someone to disagree with you.

• erwildcat, Affo, Buck and 1 other like this

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#35 wim1234

wim1234

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 07:05 PM

it was a request , yes, but about the worst one i seen on these forums, totally disrepsectull to the designer.

some courses i dont like, i just dont play them, easy.

• Buck likes this

#36 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 11 December 2018 - 08:02 PM

Well,...its a request, I guess

The designer can process it.  But understand...maybe the designer likes these cartoons or animes.. His or hers course that was labored on.

Could be a kid somewhere that's into this stuff.

really dosen't bother me.

I agree.  I also don't recommend anyone passing up a course, simply because they don't like the splash. BTW, can someone point me where to dl this course?

I am very interested in playing it now. Thx

• Mike Jones, RobV and Crusher like this

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#37 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 11 December 2018 - 08:18 PM

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#38 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 08:54 PM

Without the custom  course designers this game would be dead, a little anmine pic on a splash screen is no big deal.

• scoops100 and Jesus Jones like this

#39 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 01:42 AM

Just to be part of the clique you make a dumb post like this, Justin?  Don't be naive. The rest have an excuse for being reprehensible in this forum.

:lol:

Yeah.. throw yourself into that bucket... just take a look at the nonsense you are posting in the course forum.   

• Buck likes this

#40 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 02:18 AM

Yeah.. throw yourself into that bucket... just take a look at the nonsense you are posting in the course forum.   

LOL. Look in the mirror Lad.

xqc8g0-2.png

Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users