So good news, I found the second reason why i had crashes. First were all the "hidden" splines when doing custom blender bunkers.
The second, file size. I'm not sure if I read this before, but I discovered the hard way that the course file will not load past 30 percent if the file size is 500 megs.
After a week of intermitant crashes, I decided to check out the file size and it was at 499 megs. So when working on the course, either I would succeed in loading thefile, or get a crash, not knowing I was at this number.
So I deleted about 10 megs of objects and now no more crashes.
Soooo....we will have a beta release this week. I just have 4 bunkers left, and ready for some official feedback on this sucker.