#21 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:10 PM

I really don't see what the Difference is where the golfer is aiming. Whether it's at the pin or middle of the fwy.

Does anybody just walk up to the tee and hit the ball? No, we all step up to the tee and have a look before we hit the ball, same as we do on every shot we take. So where your golfer is aiming is immaterial, since you're very likely going to change your aim anyway. :)

Not if there's no wind / breeze!

#22 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:11 PM

I really don't see what the Difference is where the golfer is aiming. Whether it's at the pin or middle of the fwy.

Does anybody just walk up to the tee and hit the ball? No, we all step up to the tee and have a look before we hit the ball, same as we do on every shot we take. So where your golfer is aiming is immaterial, since you're very likely going to change your aim anyway. :)

#23 Bluenoser

Bluenoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:12 PM

Really? You never aim, you just place the ball and hit it?

#24 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:15 PM

Are you talking links or IRL?

In links I play really quickly and on the few rounds where the wind is zilch and I'm on a level lie, then yes. Sometimes I do stick the marker on the green to check the slope. But that's probably why you're better at links than me!!!

IRL, I might try not aiming, it never goes where I want anyway!!

#25 Bluenoser

Bluenoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:54 PM

Are you talking links or IRL?

In links I play really quickly and on the few rounds where the wind is zilch and I'm on a level lie, then yes. Sometimes I do stick the marker on the green to check the slope. But that's probably why you're better at links than me!!!

Gotcha :)

I use the rotate option to turn my golfer where I want to aim, takes a little longer but does the trick. :)

#26 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:48 AM

Hehe... I often went a step further IRL: I aimed my ball at where I did not want it to end up. Since I always missed my target, I stayed out of trouble.

• Maineah likes this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#27 Maineah

Maineah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationMaine, U.S.A.

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:28 AM

Hehe... I often went a step further IRL: I aimed my ball at where I did not want it to end up. Since I always missed my target, I stayed out of trouble.

Lol-  this reminds me when my local club put in a pond next to one of the par 3 greens-- the course super said you must appease the water gods and hit one into the water- so I took aim at the pond and fired away..... the darn thing landed in the center of the green--  ;)

• Kablammo11 likes this

#28 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:23 PM

Depending on the course layout I simply say, I don't care. :) But when I played TW08 yesterday, I couldn't even see a difference between rough and fairway. So I really hit the ball way into the rough and never found a way outa there... So iRL I can maybe see where the rough and the fairway is located in most cases, but if you can't see any differences in a game, I'd prefer some kind of help to where I am and where I wanna hit the ball. If there are color differences or tips/infos I really don't care. Even in the hole overview.

Who cares...

#29 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

In TW 08 you need to have the grass blades option turned up in order to see them... ;)

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#30 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

hmmm can you tell me where I find that option? Didn't find anything in the options area... :unsure:

Who cares...

#31 Jbx

Jbx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationHampshire, England

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:46 PM

fungolfer, I have my "Grass" set to high in the TW08 options. The other settingas are low and medium I think. Not sure if this is what you are looking for. Brw, I also set the main slider towards 'max' resolution.

Jbx%20golgBall1.jpg

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every mininute of it!

#32 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:03 PM

ok, I'll go thru all settings again, maybe there is a wrong setting somewhere. Thx for the help :)

Who cares...

#33 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:59 PM

When you open the game go to Options it will be the bottom left Icon, then you can Manually set your graphics,  be sure to set Depth of Field and Bloom to OFF.

Also, for playing stock courses have the Shader Level set to HIgh or Very High, this will give you the awesome water feature... When playing custom courses the Shader Level will need to be set to Low or Med...

Also, you must have a middle of the road graphix card to set everything at very high or you may experience lag, if so, just play with the settings  and check...

• fungolfer likes this

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#34 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

ok got it, thx axe. Need to figure out everything, but it seems like there is a bit of a difference in the colors now :)

Who cares...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users