39 replies to this topic

#21 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,531 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 03:16 PM

Tiger that sounded like an asshole comment.

Yeah - about what I got in my PM response from him also..

Not cool

• cajuncapgun likes this

#22 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 24 March 2019 - 03:42 PM

Scaled %175 on my 43 inch 4k (3840x2160 resolution) monitor otherwise everything is so darn small I can barely see. I hate 3C and want a challenge so I switched many, many years ago. Some want it the same way since computers were invented and don't like change, I have no problems with disabled people playing it though because my friend uses a trackball because of Arthritis.

too bad.. the asshole is the one that fools you like crusher.       and I have an autistic son that crushers made fun of a few times.. dumbass. 

I'll retract if crusher says he never did as I said and I can't prove it.

#23 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,531 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 03:47 PM

too bad.. the asshole is the one that fools you like crusher.       and I have an autistic son that crushers made fun of a few times.. dumbass.

Do you mind just cleaning up the language a bit please?

There's barely any of us left anymore as it is...

Can we cut out the fighting and name calling and all that garbage?

• Joe Habiger and Crusher like this

#24 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 07:36 PM

ΒΆ

β›³                          πŸŒοΈβ€β™‚οΈ                             πŸŒοΈβ€β™€οΈ                              β›³

xqc8g0-2.png

πŸŒοΈβ€β™‚οΈ                                                       πŸŒοΈβ€β™€οΈ
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

β›³                          πŸŒοΈβ€β™‚οΈ                             πŸŒοΈβ€β™€οΈ                              β›³

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#25 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 24 March 2019 - 10:02 PM

and don't forget crusher. no denial. thanks. 

#26 Affo

Affo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSouth Coast, UK

Posted 24 March 2019 - 10:15 PM

Fired up links a little while back, but couldn't get over the graphice which look tired to me. Also, maybe getting a tad older, but the swing meter was ruddy quick!!

But I remember back along loving the Tiers events they had on a weekly basis, and at least some form of Career. Never played TW08, but loads of other golfs games right from Leaderboard….oooh, those cross winds were lethal with only fairway green and water!

• Buck and SebGOLO like this

https://www.youtube....NUPOrdgs0U6nODQ

http://affo1.emyspot.com/ for JNPG stats from OGT and PGLS

MSI Apache Pro GE62 2QF, i7 5700HQ, 16GB DDR, GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5, 1 TB HDD 7200rpm, 128GB SSD

Intel i7-8700 CPU @ 3.2GHz, 16GB DDR, GTX 1060 6GB

#27 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 04:00 PM

ΒΆ

xqc8g0-2.png

πŸŒοΈβ€β™‚οΈ                                                       πŸŒοΈβ€β™€οΈ
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

#28 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 March 2019 - 06:18 PM

I figured you were using W7 for TW08.  Anyone who tries to install it on a fresh installation of W10 will run into major difficulties.  However, I have studied the forum at coursedownloads.com and used my own knowledge to fetch the appropriate files to make TW08 work on W10. 

Way too many instructions for me to post them here.  It's a shame to waste the DVD if you own one.  Visit this topic at coursedownloads.com . There are two pages explaining the process which include the extra files and an app that is needed to complete the installation.  Plus.  If you get things rolling and want the free courses to download easily, you'll want to install TW08 Caddie 64 bit (beta).  The beta version is the same as it was seven years ago. It works fine.

http://coursedownloa...=10630&forum=11

Might as well bring it up now.  Yes, you have to donate a few dollars annually to download all libraries and course files in one compressed MyZip file.

Excellent advice on the TW08 Caddie. I believe there is also still a 32 bit version available for download. It is also important to note that when using the Caddie for course installation, make sure that the file path from the origin of the course download to the TW course game folder on the main drive where you installed the game is correctly directed. This will insure that the splash screen, the course information, and flag are displayed properly within the game in conjunction with the course you have chosen to play. The Caddy is is a great aid as well in the installation of the course libraries, and there are a considerable amount of them that each course requires. Although some of the libraries have similar names, they must match the library requirements a particular course requires exactly or the course will not install. This in my mind has always been the biggest drawback to this game. Because you are dealing with hundreds of these libs, both stock and custom, it becomes time consuming if you are installing numerous courses all in one sitting.

• Crusher likes this

#29 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:04 AM

ΒΆ

xqc8g0-2.png

Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

#30 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 26 March 2019 - 11:31 AM

I love them all! ;)

#31 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 04:53 PM

ΒΆ

xqc8g0-2.png

Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

#32 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,531 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 05:48 PM

Yep. TW mid 2000’s on PC was definitely great.

If I had to switch to one today, it’d be TW14 on PS3, simply because I still have it and own all the content, etc.

TW08 would be my switch of choice if I had to stay on PC though for sure.
  • Crusher likes this

#33 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 02:10 AM

ΒΆ

xqc8g0-2.png

Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

#34 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,531 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 02:56 AM

I definitely applaud you all that enjoy the really older games.

Honestly - the games in these videos I'm looking at do not look appealing to me at this point

It's just too much of a step back

#35 wim1234

wim1234

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 11:23 AM

nice thread, and because of this, i got an old tw08 disc for just 5 euros.

it installed flawlessy and i am surprised how much fun it actually is.

lotsa usercourses , nice.   it seems welldone, better than the later ones i played on xbox360, i got tired of those very soon.

#36 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 March 2019 - 03:06 PM

Top Three Golf Game for PC  :)

33593604238_cf220b56bf_m.jpg

Lee, the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro Am 2017 by rlslay  is a great rendition in TW08. One of the three best designers for that platform. I wish I could lure him over here.

#37 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 02:08 AM

ΒΆ

xqc8g0-2.png

Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

#38 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 March 2019 - 10:58 PM

Lee, No more videos? I see they are all pulled over at PGLS as well. Is u-tube giving you trouble? Hope not.

#39 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 09:14 AM

Scaled %175 on my 43 inch 4k (3840x2160 resolution) monitor otherwise everything is so darn small I can barely see. I hate 3C and want a challenge so I switched many, many years ago. Some want it the same way since computers were invented and don't like change, I have no problems with disabled people playing it though because my friend uses a trackball because of Arthritis.

:D :lol:

xqc8g0-2.png

Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

#40 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 24 December 2019 - 12:22 AM

crusher.. banned for cheating.. now that's funny1 :D  :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users