29 replies to this topic

#1 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 10:02 PM

Apparently this is a PS4 VR exclusive, which is a bit of a bummer..

It looks like a ton of fun and would be even better on a PC with higher end VR hardware.

Title updated - Game now released

#2 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 08 May 2019 - 10:13 PM

@ Buck....Stop breaking your pill in half...take the whole thing.

• cajuncapgun, balaceanca81, erwildcat and 2 others like this

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#3 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 09 May 2019 - 02:29 AM

Why does it always gotta be dinosaurs and stuff?

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#4 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 03:06 AM

Why does it always gotta be dinosaurs and stuff?

Lol. So true.
Must appeal to somebody they are selling to.

#5 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 09 May 2019 - 06:44 AM

Trackman has dinosaurs, albeit not living  :P

r7j4k8b.jpg

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#6 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 09 May 2019 - 05:54 PM

WRONG.........

https://youtu.be/0GJ_9PpGA1I

When I had the Oculus VR I thought about buying it on steam but I read about some issues with courses or something that you had to play certain holes first and beat them before moving on. You just couldn't play 18 at some course. I'm not sure if I read that wrong or if it is still an issue but I bought The Golf Club VR instead. Awesome as heck but hard as hell as well, I just never got into VR although being the designer I am and WAS it was awesome to go into Google Earth VR and fly ground level through courses that don't even have Lidar data out for..lol

https://store.steamp...eryday_Golf_VR/

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#7 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 09 May 2019 - 10:44 PM

WRONG.........

https://youtu.be/0GJ_9PpGA1I

When I had the Oculus VR I thought about buying it on steam but I read about some issues with courses or something that you had to play certain holes first and beat them before moving on. You just couldn't play 18 at some course. I'm not sure if I read that wrong or if it is still an issue but I bought The Golf Club VR instead. Awesome as heck but hard as hell as well, I just never got into VR although being the designer I am and WAS it was awesome to go into Google Earth VR and fly ground level through courses that don't even have Lidar data out for..lol

https://store.steamp...eryday_Golf_VR/

two different games, looked this myself, not for me.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#8 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 10 May 2019 - 12:38 AM

We've got two similarly named products here, both of which are VR: Everybody's Golf (PS4) and Everyday Golf(PC).  I'm mildly interested in Everybody's Golf for the PS4, since it uses The Move, and as a bonus will have better overall graphics.  I bought a Move for my PS3 and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12,  I then bought a "Sim Stix", which is a golf club grip, with a real short shaft.  I put some lead tape on the bracket in which the Move got clamped to give it the weight of a golf club.  It really felt good in my hands and worked great with Tiger 12 and 13.

I'll wait and see what kind of reviews this gets.  I'm not ready to part with $250 for a PS VR headset just to play this game.  I understand that there are other VR games I might like, but it would take a jam up Everybody's Golf VR to make me take that plunge.  It'll have to have some great gameplay to make me overlook the anime golfers you're forced to use in this game, although you won't see them nearly as much in the VR presentation mode.

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#9 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 01:12 AM

two different games, looked this myself, not for me.

Good catch..lol, I can't believe I missed that.

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

#10 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 11 May 2019 - 03:46 PM

I watched a guy playing the demo last night on You Tube, and I was surprised at how realistic it looks.  I think the fact that you don't see your anime character swinging the club has a lot to do with that.  I bought a Move way back when for Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12.  I never really got the feel of swinging the move with one hand for a golf swing, so I bought a shortened, golf club attachment for it called a "Sim Stix" (https://www.amazon.i...r/dp/B00J3IQ5UO).  With a little lead tape on the shell that contained the Move, I was able to reasonably achieve the feel of swinging a golf club.  I can see how that would have the potential to work well with Everybody's Golf VR.

This is a surprising development for this franchise.  I know I was very disappointed in Everybody's Golf for the PS4, since for some reason they dropped the three advanced swing options we had in World Tour and OOB, and left us with that archaic, non-real-time, horizontal 3-click meter only.  This is pure real time and pure analog!

I'll wait to read some reports on the full game from golfers playing the game, and hopefully a few who happen to have the Sim Stix, before I consider the plunge.  I would have to buy all the gear necessary to make it work, as I don't have the VR headset or a camera for my PS4.

Is the VR Headset resolution for this game truly 1080p?

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#11 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 04:43 PM

I’m watching someone play now also JC

This looks totally great.

The graphics look really well done and all the touches are there.
That little map at address, the clubhouse.

So so cool
It just looks so polished and so fun.

I honestly hope there’s a new TGC VR at some point.

#12 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 05:05 PM

Great stuff in here.

https://youtu.be/opH_PUbDVxM

Putting looks like such fun.
Probably too easy but it perfectly caters to this market really.

No multiplayer though.
Only 3 courses also.

Bummer

But. Maybe this is a test case to see how popular it is.
The response in the comments and from demo reviewers has basically all been “instant buy” so we will see.

#13 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 05:08 PM

19:10 shows a long putt situation that looks so cool and fun in VR.

I really think VR is going to be an awesome space for golf gaming longer-term.

This would be even better on PC with some of the new headsets coming out right now that are even higher resolution and more peripherals could be in play as well.

One thing I can definitely attest to about VR, is that it can make it really hard to go back to non VR and enjoy yourself as much.

I had that exact experience with x-plane 11. I have barely done any simming since VR two years ago as I have been waiting for this current crop of headsets that is now coming out to get back into it. (More resolution for gauges/cockpit stuff)

Once you experience the level of immersion possible in VR, it can make normal gaming feel totally last generation and ancient and just not nearly as much fun. This is especially true if it is a niche that is well-suited to virtual reality… And I would say golf is one of the better ones for VR potentially.

#14 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 11 May 2019 - 06:15 PM

19:10 shows a long putt situation that looks so cool and fun in VR.

I really think VR is going to be an awesome space for golf gaming longer-term.

This would be even better on PC with some of the new headsets coming out right now that are even higher resolution and more peripherals could be in play as well.

One thing I can definitely attest to about VR, is that it can make it really hard to go back to non VR and enjoy yourself as much.

I had that exact experience with x-plane 11. I have barely done any simming since VR two years ago as I have been waiting for this current crop of headsets that is now coming out to get back into it. (More resolution for gauges/cockpit stuff)

Once you experience the level of immersion possible in VR, it can make normal gaming feel totally last generation and ancient and just not nearly as much fun. This is especially true if it is a niche that is well-suited to virtual reality… And I would say golf is one of the better ones for VR potentially.

Yeah, I watched a good bit of that one.  I like the way the ball rolled during his ~12 foot putt at the 45:50 mark.  It was cool to watch the putt miss from that viewing angle.  It'll cost me $250 +, not to mention the cost of the game (which I heard was going to be  $39.99[ [it's actually $29.99] somewhere?), but if it's good enough, it might be worth it.  There's likely some other VR games I'd discover I like most likely.  I'm really interested now to see how this is received by both the casual gamer and the hard core golf gamers like us. 

• Buck likes this

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#15 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 06:16 PM

Yeah, I watched a good bit of that one.  I like the way the ball rolled during his ~12 foot putt at the 45:50 mark.  It was cool to watch the putt miss from that viewing angle.  It'll cost me $250 +, not to mention the cost of the game (which I heard was going to be  $39.99 somewhere?), but if it's good enough, it might be worth it.  There's likely some other VR games I'd discover I like most likely.  I'm really interested now to see how this is received by both the casual gamer and the hard core golf gamers like us. 

I'm in the same boat on needing "everything" basically.

I don't even have a PS4 at all right now, so unlikely I'll check this out -but... never say never depending upon reviews.

Hope a golf game this polished and somewhat new comes to PC VR at some point.

#16 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 03:02 PM

Well from a guy who already had the Oculus VR, when you get transfered to the VR world it is UN****** believable and I think the only knock I can give the Oculus VR was I never used it enough because I used my room where my wife has her work computer as well so there is not a lot of room so I had to fudge the rook setup thing a bit and I got scared of hitting the closet door next to me..lol

That and the fact that you can still see the small pixels a bit in the headset but it's not a deal breaker. And yes it was HD and better than the Samsung Gear headset I used. Lot of wires though going to my computer so that was sort of a bummer. I wouldn't mind trying it again but I think I will wait for a better setup or the reviews from the Oculus Quest which has no wires and I really haven't checked out the reviews of that one yet I think I remember something being bad about it. 

Golf VR would be great if you actually had your own sticks to swing but I think that would be hard with that headset over your face and eyes. That or something a bit bigger than the hand motion thingy they give you because it's kind of hard to really swing correctly when there is no weight really to help you bring it in the slot correctly. It's a fun novelty but that it all it is at this point for me.......

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

#17 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 13 May 2019 - 05:24 PM

Well from a guy who already had the Oculus VR, when you get transfered to the VR world it is UN****** believable and I think the only knock I can give the Oculus VR was I never used it enough because I used my room where my wife has her work computer as well so there is not a lot of room so I had to fudge the rook setup thing a bit and I got scared of hitting the closet door next to me..lol

That and the fact that you can still see the small pixels a bit in the headset but it's not a deal breaker. And yes it was HD and better than the Samsung Gear headset I used. Lot of wires though going to my computer so that was sort of a bummer. I wouldn't mind trying it again but I think I will wait for a better setup or the reviews from the Oculus Quest which has no wires and I really haven't checked out the reviews of that one yet I think I remember something being bad about it. 

Golf VR would be great if you actually had your own sticks to swing but I think that would be hard with that headset over your face and eyes. That or something a bit bigger than the hand motion thingy they give you because it's kind of hard to really swing correctly when there is no weight really to help you bring it in the slot correctly. It's a fun novelty but that it all it is at this point for me.......

Your point about just swinging with the weight of the Move only rang true in my experience with it.  It felt really awkward trying to replicate a golf swing with it alone, and yes, I did miss the weight of the club to help 'keep me in the slot' as you so aptly put it.  I didn't like trying to fit both hands on the Move, like the Move was a grip.  It's too fat and it's not long enough.  I just didn't have a device I could grip properly, nor have enough weight to help my golf muscles get a familiar feel.

I then discovered the "Sim Stix" that I highlighted in my earlier post.  It features a surprisingly good golf grip, a very short shaft, a shell to hold the Move, and a trigger type button to operate the required button on the Move.  It was still too light in its default configuration.  I added lead tape the end of the Sim Stix shell until I got the feel of the weight of a golf club in my hand.  This allowed me to swing with the proper feedback, at least in terms of grip and weight.

What is different about it is the game I was playing with it, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 & 13, coded to detect the motion of the Move in a fashion like it would be moving in someone's hands, without the additional angular, wristy movement it has while in the Sim Stix.  I had to take some of the wristyness out of my swing so that the camera could register the movement of the Move in manner more like it's expecting to see.  I made the adjustment easily in game, but the down side was this carried over into my real game and I was losing distance because I wasn't getting some of the speed of the wrist snap that I'd conditioned myself not to do while play TW 12 and 13 with the Move. 

I'm going to avoid the impulse to jump into Everybody's Golf VR, at least until I've gotten a lot of feedback from real golfers, and hopefully from a few who still have and use the Sim Stix with the Move.  I'm still a little unsure about how long I'd feel comfortable with the VR headset strapped on me,  while still maintaining proper alignment with the Playstation Camera.  I know I had to be conscious of where I was relative to the camera when play TW 12 & 13 without having a VR Headset on.  I get the impression that it will be easy to get disoriented with the camera when your new perspective is changing so readily.  Still, I can see where this has the potential to be something really special, as it seems most of those trying the demo are coming away surprised at how good it plays.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#18 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 11:58 AM

With the oculus I would be able to tell if I was moving out of the area I assigned it because a gridded wall would be show up on any side I got to close. 

That Sim Stix thing looks really cool, see this is what you'd need to have if you only had 8 foot ceilings and weren't an asian that was only 4 foot 5..lol - Something you could hold in your hands but yet almost have the same weight as a club, but as you said maybe it wouldn't be such a good idea because you really don't want to train yourself into a bad swing and screw up your real swing outside of the home.

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

#19 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 14 May 2019 - 02:30 PM

With the oculus I would be able to tell if I was moving out of the area I assigned it because a gridded wall would be show up on any side I got to close. 

That Sim Stix thing looks really cool, see this is what you'd need to have if you only had 8 foot ceilings and weren't an asian that was only 4 foot 5..lol - Something you could hold in your hands but yet almost have the same weight as a club, but as you said maybe it wouldn't be such a good idea because you really don't want to train yourself into a bad swing and screw up your real swing outside of the home.

I was unaware of the gridded wall on the Oculus, warning you that you were nearing the boundaries of the defined control area.  That would be a must with VR, I would think.  Wonder if the PS VR has something like it?  I know when I would play TW 12 and 13 with the Move, I would put a golf ball in the floor, when I was at the area that I had calibrated the Playstation Camera to pick up the Move's motion.  I would take the Sim Stix and grip and address the ball with it, as if I were trying to hit the ball into the screen,  It was a nice prop and made the Move experience feel just that much more like golf.

Heck, I'm thinking about setting my PS3 back up so I can play TW 12 and 13 again, just to experiment further.  I've got 9 foot ceilings in my rec room, so I never felt any threat of hitting the ceiling.  Honestly though, I could swing the Sim Stix in an 8 foot ceiling room, and still have two or three inches to spare... and I'm 6'4".

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#20 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 03:15 PM

I have to say I'm probably in the minority on this forum in that I don't really care about it feeling exactly as weighted as real golf in VR, but selfishly it's because I don't play real golf anymore due to my back.

From that standpoint, I'm honestly pleased that it's lighter, less straining, etc.

It would be best to have this type of game on PC where there would be more peripheral options and variety for sure though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users