29 replies to this topic

#21 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 03:40 PM

I have to say I'm probably in the minority on this forum in that I don't really care about it feeling exactly as weighted as real golf in VR, but selfishly it's because I don't play real golf anymore due to my back.

From that standpoint, I'm honestly pleased that it's lighter, less straining, etc.

It would be best to have this type of game on PC where there would be more peripheral options and variety for sure though.

I too have back issues but I found a swing that is body friendly (https://www.swingsurgeon.com/).

I found that using the Move In the Wii version of TW not only caused pain in my shoulder but it messed up my IRL golf swing. :(

VR Golf is a no go for me as I get motion sickness using any VR device so far. 🤮

What I would like to see is a First Person mode added to TGC. 😎

-MERACE
  • JCat04 likes this

#22 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 14 May 2019 - 05:11 PM

I have to say I'm probably in the minority on this forum in that I don't really care about it feeling exactly as weighted as real golf in VR, but selfishly it's because I don't play real golf anymore due to my back.

From that standpoint, I'm honestly pleased that it's lighter, less straining, etc.

It would be best to have this type of game on PC where there would be more peripheral options and variety for sure though.

Buck, I've had people play this game with me who are casual golfers and most of them did just as well as me, swinging the Move with one hand.  I tried to do what they were doing and I just couldn't be as consistent with it.  Without the Sim Stix, I found that I did do better swinging the Move with both hands holding the Move... I got more consistent results that way at least.

I see your point about the PC being a more configurable platform for VR Golf, but I don't see anyone positioning themselves to cash in on it.  Clap Hanz seems to have struck the right cord with this one on the PS4 and the surprising popularity of the PS VR headset.  Have you ever had the opportunity to play a game with the PS VR?  Early on, I heard the screen res tended to be low, but it sounds like Everybody's Golf is displayed at 1080p in the headset.

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#23 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 14 May 2019 - 05:18 PM

I too have back issues but I found a swing that is body friendly (https://www.swingsurgeon.com/).

I found that using the Move In the Wii version of TW not only caused pain in my shoulder but it messed up my IRL golf swing. :(

VR Golf is a no go for me as I get motion sickness using any VR device so far.

What I would like to see is a First Person mode added to TGC.

-MERACE

Motion sickness... yeah, I can easily see myself succumbing to that.  Heck, I got sea sick on the Fort Fisher ferry, traversing the Cape Fear River! :blink:   And yes, I'd like to see a first person mode in any golf game, as an option as I'm sure it wouldn't be for everyone.

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#24 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 05:51 PM

Have you ever had the opportunity to play a game with the PS VR? 

I haven't, no

#25 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 07:32 PM

It's out - This looks so fun and the reports are that it's really well executed.

Totally jealous I don't have the gear to try it out.

#26 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 07:48 PM

I can’t believe I’m actually considering getting equipment to do this game…

It just looks so tempting to try out.
I’ve also heard amazing things about the Tetris PSVR game, and wouldn’t mind that too

#27 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 09:39 PM

This VR version of Everybody’s Golf would be a no-go with me as I was getting a little motion sickness just watching the video. 🤢

-MERACE

#28 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 09:56 PM

This VR version of Everybody’s Golf would be a no-go with me as I was getting a little motion sickness just watching the video.

-MERACE

Sorry to hear that - That sucks

I'm really excited to try it

VR can be so so awesome

#29 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 22 May 2019 - 10:41 PM

HOW HOT IS THIS CHICK!!  :P  :D This is what a game needs, anyone remember British Open Golf with the animated caddie and getting out the yardage book? 

When I played a bit of The Golf Club VR with the PC Oculus I never really got motion sickness until I drove the cart it provided if you wanted to drive to your ball. I didn't get motion sickness on roller coasters but for some reason that one did it a small amount but that was I think anyways because it was a pain in the butt to drive so I was driving like a drunk. If I left it on to long then yes it could be a slight amount but more than anything my forehead was sweating like crazy from having it on so long.

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#30 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 03:40 PM

https://www.reddit.c...same_studio_as/

There is a lot of praise in there, including from tons of real life golfers.

I really hope they can add some multiplayer or some DLC something to extend the base game they have put out which appears to be awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users