#41 RobC

RobC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
  • LocationSouthampton England

Posted 12 August 2019 - 07:42 AM

I would guess you need to take your mesh back into Blender and delete the rogue bits of mesh then just reimport it back in

#42 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 11:01 AM

Your message came through to my inbox. I just replied to it.

You have to have a mesh there. You should be able to select it. Easiest way may be to hide the terrain and/or CF meshes.

#43 HeNs

HeNs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationFlorida,USA

Posted 16 August 2019 - 03:04 AM

There was a mesh from the outer rough never dreamed it come all way into the green from out there was able to lower it after finding it. Thanks DP

OGT PGA TOUR ADMINISTRATOR 

PGA TOUR HOME PAGE  : https://www.simulati...e.html?id=10047

OGT TEAM  PLAY ADMINISTRATOR 

TEAM PLAY FORUMS :  http://www.onlinegol...wforum.php?f=66

OGT TEAM TOURNAMENT ADMINISTRATOR http://www.onlinegol...php?f=66&t=3701

Asus  i5-7400 @ 3.00 GHz 

Memory 16 GB DDR4

EVGA GeForce GTX 950 

#44 andrewjjones43#

andrewjjones43#

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 16 August 2019 - 08:50 AM

I’m having a minor problem with my semi rough. The 3D grass is offset by about half a meter ie there is a strip of uncover mesh on the left and the grass overlaps the mesh by the same amount on the other side. At the back of the green this tapers until the centre when it’s perfectly aligned. I assumed I’d put the coordinates in incorrectly when importing at 0, -0.14, 0 but that’s not the case. Any suggestions where I should look? It’s hardly noticeable but I’m more eager to understand what’s happening. The heavy rough lines up perfectly so makes no sense to me having followed the same procedure.

#45 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 16 August 2019 - 08:41 PM

Pictures always help. Are you sure you haven't 

accidentally moved the spline or terrain? 

Splines cannot be moved after adding 3D grass

unless you plan to export and re-import again.

No blends in FW, Semi, or Rough? If you are using

the 3 texture method, did you remove doubles in Blender?

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#46 Abe

Abe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 August 2019 - 07:52 AM

Pictures always help. Are you sure you haven't 

accidentally moved the spline or terrain? 

Splines cannot be moved after adding 3D grass

unless you plan to export and re-import again.

No blends in FW, Semi, or Rough? If you are using

the 3 texture method, did you remove doubles in Blender?

I have a request, NoPutt.  Would you please make your signature font size 12 or 14.  It's really hard to read that tiny font. Thanks mate. ;)

#47 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 08:45 PM

The link for the direct x 11 grass shader leads to a version compatible with Unity 5.6. Is there another file compatible with 5.2.3 ?

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#48 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 09:11 PM

At least if you buy the assett you definitely get access to a compatible version. Eventually you have to contact the developer with your order number. He keeps a compatible version probably just for or because our community.

#49 Stingreye

Stingreye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 30 August 2019 - 05:58 AM

The link for the direct x 11 grass shader leads to a version compatible with Unity 5.6. Is there another file compatible with 5.2.3 ?

http://stixgames.com...ssshader/legacy

He released a new version. If you buy it then use yourbinvoice number to download the legacy version.

#50 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 11:03 AM

Thanks. That's a big help.

• Stingreye likes this

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#51 jspirate

jspirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 04:22 PM

DPR or anyone else who might know, I am doing my research as I consider converting my latest course to 3DG.  If I understand correctly, you need an outer spline that will not be 3DG for a couple of reasons.

My question is really related to bulkheads. I don't want to redo those, so what happens when I add 3DG to the bulkhead spline/mesh when it doesn't have that outer spline?  I think I remember you saying that the blend area is going to be strangely colored?  Unfortunately, I have multiple bulkheads.  In one case, I have 2 holes surrounded by one rough spline and one of those holes has a bulkhead.

Just trying to sort it all out in my head before I jump in, and that piece is giving me pause...

Thanks

i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

Courses:

Bradford Links - released

Ironwood - released

Cypress Landing - released (also available in a 3DG version)

Crow's Nest - released

#52 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 04:39 PM

I added 3DG to Orchard Valley which had several bulkheads. That was the course I used for the videos. You should be about to find most of your answers there.

I didn't use that surrounding spline around the whole course for the bulkhead areas. I would only recommend that for bulkheads if you have used "potbunker" method, which it sounds like you did not.

One additional note, in the videos, I talk about exporting multiple splines at a time to save you time. I would actually just recommend limiting exports to a single hole at a time and make folders for each hole.

The advantage to using one large outer spline is that it'll fill in the areas between your splines so that you can add grass. You can always delete that CF mesh after you've exported it so that you can still see your terrain paint from a distance if you want.

Just post some pictures of problem areas when you get to them.

#53 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 04:44 PM

You will still be using some larger outer splines but you'll have to manage bulkhead holes separately. Obviously, it depends on the layout. If you snip an overhead of a few holes, I can trace out a few thoughts on how to handle.

#54 jspirate

jspirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 04:51 PM

Hmmm, I think I may have misunderstood something in one of your videos...

Is this a correct statement?

If you have a rough spline as an outer spline for every hole and you do not change the blend on it, adding 3DG should work fine.

EDIT:  you posted while I was typing this message out.  It appears that you do need another outer spline?

Picture:

So.... I was going to add that light blue outer spline to all the holes like you did in your video and I am OK with that, but I can't do it here.

i-N7S7D9D-X3.jpg

i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
LG 32GK850G

Courses:

Ironwood - released

Crow's Nest - released

#55 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 05:08 PM

Hmmm, I think I may have misunderstood something in one of your videos...

Is this a correct statement?
If you have a rough spline as an outer spline for every hole and you do not change the blend on it, adding 3DG should work fine.

EDIT: you posted while I was typing this message out. It appears that you do need another outer spline?

You don't necessarily need an outer spline if a ball won't likely land in that area. Wherever you want grass, though, you need a mesh that you can use to put grass on.

The way the shader works, it'll make your mesh invisible and plant grass. So, say you have terrain painted outside of your rough... You have no way to get grass in that area because there's no mesh. That's why it works best to really have all playable areas have a mesh.

The only reason I mention the Blend is the inner blend between semi rough and rough or between rough and fairway will not be a part of the rough mesh in those cases. When you pick up the mesh via debug, you'll notice the blend is always part of the inner spline.

So, you won't be able to plant grass on the Blend unless you pick up both splines, take them to Blender and delete the areas you don't want grass in. I'm just trying to simplify it by limiting the blend.

#56 jspirate

jspirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 05:16 PM

Maybe I am making something out of nothing... I was just worried about the outer edge of the rough spline in the picture above. 

Ima go and do and stop trying to understand without doing so - lol

Thanks for taking the time to help!

i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
LG 32GK850G

Courses:

Ironwood - released

Crow's Nest - released

#57 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 05:29 PM

Your outer edge of the rough will be fine. The question will be if you want rough in the terrain painted areas. Not a hard fix either. I was actually trying to get my mic working so I can record something for you.

But, your case there is as tough as it'll get so if you get through it and are happy, rest will be easy.

#58 jspirate

jspirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 05:35 PM

Excellent...  gonna do and see!

Thanks

i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
LG 32GK850G

Courses:

Ironwood - released

Crow's Nest - released

#59 jspirate

jspirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 11:42 PM

DPR, question for you...

Why would my unwrapped FBX mesh not line up correctly in Unity after entering in 0,0,0 for coordinates?  I dropped it onto the terrain entered 0, 0, 0 and its there, but not in the correct spot.

EDIT: after looking at it close the mesh is also smaller than it should be.

Thanks

i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
LG 32GK850G

Courses:

Ironwood - released

Crow's Nest - released

#60 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 11:57 PM

DPR, question for you...

Why would my unwrapped FBX mesh not line up correctly in Unity after entering in 0,0,0 for coordinates?  I dropped it onto the terrain entered 0, 0, 0 and its there, but not in the correct spot.

EDIT: after looking at it close the mesh is also smaller than it should be.

Thanks

Did you correctly OBJ export it? Make sure the apply position box is checked.

When you enter Blender is the mesh off in the world space and not located at center point? (meaning you need to align view to selected or numpad "." ) - this is correct if it is not at center

When you exported the FBX from Blender did you check the Apply Experimental Transform?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users