#41 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 21 February 2020 - 04:08 AM

Jcat you can download the full game for free just google it, tiger 08 is basically abandonware now, all you then need do is mount the image with something like daemon tools lite then grab a no cd patch also found via google search, i did this for a friend of mine now we just need to figure out how to play online together.  Or you can just get it on amazon for 5-15 dollars roughly.

I found an ISO file of Tiger Woods 08 and got Daemon Tools Lite from which to mount and install it.  It worked, but when I went to run the Tiger Woods.EXE file from the bin folder, I get a "conflict with emulation software" message and the game fails to launch.  I haven't hacked around with this kind of stuff for at least 12 years now and I think I'm in over my head with it right now.  I think I'd be running into the same problems if I'd were trying to run it from a CD.   I don't know what 'emulation' software is running... is that perhaps in reference to the dg voodoo graphics pack?  Sorry to be so clueless about this  :unsure:

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#42 HeNs

HeNs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationFlorida,USA

Posted 21 February 2020 - 04:18 AM

https://imgur.com/VqFI314

https://imgur.com/J1q8tfg

Dragged files in both ways still same messages guess just out of my league to understand... :huh: Watsed three nights no golf..! and I'll never get that time back... :P

OGT PGA TOUR ADMINISTRATOR 

PGA TOUR HOME PAGE  : https://www.simulati...e.html?id=10047

OGT TEAM  PLAY ADMINISTRATOR 

TEAM PLAY FORUMS :  http://www.onlinegol...wforum.php?f=66

OGT TEAM TOURNAMENT ADMINISTRATOR http://www.onlinegol...php?f=66&t=3701

Asus  i5-7400 @ 3.00 GHz 

Memory 16 GB DDR4

EVGA GeForce GTX 950 

#43 Abe

Abe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 February 2020 - 05:30 AM

https://imgur.com/VqFI314

https://imgur.com/J1q8tfg

Dragged files in both ways still same messages guess just out of my league to understand... :huh: Watsed three nights no golf..! and I'll never get that time back... :P

That's too bad.  After installing it on (now six) other Windows 10 computers I can tell you that it does take experimenting, sometimes even a Safe Mode start-up to adjust settings in the apps.

#44 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 21 February 2020 - 08:50 AM

I found an ISO file of Tiger Woods 08 and got Daemon Tools Lite from which to mount and install it.  It worked, but when I went to run the Tiger Woods.EXE file from the bin folder, I get a "conflict with emulation software" message and the game fails to launch.  I haven't hacked around with this kind of stuff for at least 12 years now and I think I'm in over my head with it right now.  I think I'd be running into the same problems if I'd were trying to run it from a CD.   I don't know what 'emulation' software is running... is that perhaps in reference to the dg voodoo graphics pack?  Sorry to be so clueless about this  :unsure:

Did you also get a no cd patch exe?  that has to be dropped into the bin folder to overwrite the original otherwise it will not run. I will create a video sometime today also.

DOH!!  there is also a universal widescreen patch that needs to be applied to the game...totally forgot about that sorry!

https://www.wsgf.org...n-uniws-patcher

When you run this put it inside the games bin folder then run it as admin, once it starts choose tiger woods 2004 custom res from drop down, then click find it for me, this will locate the DLL file needed to patch. Now set the native res of your monitor ( mine is 1920x1080 ) once done click patch and that should be all done.  Once in game choose 800x600 to display your chosen native res.

So recap..

ISO installed

1. go to bin folder and replace exe with no cd fix exe

2. Drop universal game patcher into same bin folder and run it as admin, apply settings above

3. Open the voodoo zip and go into glide and D3D folders, drag all DLL files into bin folder then add the voodoo exe itself

There is also the TW caddy available that lets you put in custom courses but lets get this game running first.

With the no cd fix exe turn off AV as it will flag it as dangerous, of course its not, just a case of the AV thinking its a foreign exe that serves no purpose, we know different :)

It's also important that you run that universal widescreen patcher as admin, it will not work otherwise.  You may also have to change the compatibility to vista but i dont think i had to do that, just keep it in mind.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#45 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 21 February 2020 - 03:46 PM

Did you also get a no cd patch exe?  that has to be dropped into the bin folder to overwrite the original otherwise it will not run. I will create a video sometime today also.

DOH!!  there is also a universal widescreen patch that needs to be applied to the game...totally forgot about that sorry!

https://www.wsgf.org...n-uniws-patcher

When you run this put it inside the games bin folder then run it as admin, once it starts choose tiger woods 2004 custom res from drop down, then click find it for me, this will locate the DLL file needed to patch. Now set the native res of your monitor ( mine is 1920x1080 ) once done click patch and that should be all done.  Once in game choose 800x600 to display your chosen native res.

So recap..

ISO installed

1. go to bin folder and replace exe with no cd fix exe

2. Drop universal game patcher into same bin folder and run it as admin, apply settings above

3. Open the voodoo zip and go into glide and D3D folders, drag all DLL files into bin folder then add the voodoo exe itself

There is also the TW caddy available that lets you put in custom courses but lets get this game running first.

With the no cd fix exe turn off AV as it will flag it as dangerous, of course its not, just a case of the AV thinking its a foreign exe that serves no purpose, we know different :)

It's also important that you run that universal widescreen patcher as admin, it will not work otherwise.  You may also have to change the compatibility to vista but i dont think i had to do that, just keep it in mind.

1.) Did I get the no CD patch?  The information page on the file I downloaded had a CD key shown on the page.  Here's where I got it from if you're interested: https://archive.org/...Windows_DX92007  I entered the security code shown there during installation and it accepted it.

2.) I missed the "universal game patcher" (I guess that's the wide screen patch?).  Would that cause the "conflict with emulation software" message I was getting possibly?  The demo ran fine without me having any universal game patcher.

3.)  I got the voodoo and dll files in the bin folder.  I copied them from the Tiger Woods 08 demo bin folder from where I had copied them for the demo.  I got a total of 3 dll files, but I don't recall getting any of them from the glide folder, only the D3D folder, but again.... the demo worked.

I'll have another go at it with your additional info and see if I can get any further.  I really do appreciate your help with this though man!

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#46 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 21 February 2020 - 06:34 PM

The no cd patch or fixed exe was always required to bypass the security on the actual disc ( when no original cd/dvd was in the optical drive ) I also installed the iso via daemon tools but without the no cd patch it will not run, that is the issue you are having, the demo would be different.  here is the no cd patch, just unzip into bin and overwrite...

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

Also, unmount the iso and close daemon tools, that may also be causing you issues.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#47 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 21 February 2020 - 07:21 PM

Okay DoGgs... I got it running.  Prior to reading your last post in this thread, I had found and downloaded the no CD patch and installed it in the bin folder, copied the glide.dlls from the voodoo folder to the TW03/bin folder, and found that I had more than one instance of the universal wide screen tool running.  I was able to run the game after that and it ran quite well.

I started at 1920 x 1080 and it looked markedly better than 800 x 600, naturally.  I then was able to run it at 3840 x 2160 without any performance hits, but all that I could tell really looked that much better was the golfer.  Either setting causes the text in the swing feedback panel to be so zoomed I can't read most of it.  I can sort of piece together what it's trying to show, but it looks really messy.

I like the camera options in this game.  I've always been a fan of the golfer swing view, followed by a reverse angle landing camera snap view.  I can get a snap view, but it's at a fixed distance and it's hard to find a suitable medium for it.  I wish there was one that would scale itself to the distance of the shot.  I went with auto-cam, but it forces you to use the default, swing cam, which find to be at too low an angle (roughly knee high behind the golfer) for my tastes.  I can settle for most of the angles the auto-cam cuts to though.  If I switch to the customized swing angle I configured as "Swing Camera" (1), it takes the auto-cam functionality out of the equation and becomes a "fixed camera" view, unless I override it at some point to one of the other 9 camera angles... none of which scale themselves to the length of the shot.  If I could tailor the default swing camera angle to one that was shoulder high, I would be content with it.  I need that extra height to aim better and to simply feel more 'connected' to the golfer perspective.

Oh, I can't get the water to look right with any shader setting.  The closest it ever looks to anything remotely resembling natural is to turn it "OFF".  I must be missing something there.

This game is surprisingly tough.  I've been out of the mouse swing business for a long time.  I don't know how to best tune my mouse sensitivity for this game, but I'm having serious swing path errors.  I'm playing in the intermediate swing difficulty and it's giving me all I want.  It really feels good when you hit a good shot though!  I haven't tried gamepad yet, but I see that there's support for it there.  I'll give it a try here later.

Thanks for your help in this though... I'd forgotten what a hassle it was to get PC games to run where compatibility issues exist.  I honestly couldn't explain to anyone how I managed to finally get it to run, as I think I just serendipitously stumbled on to the right steps in places.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#48 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 21 February 2020 - 08:53 PM

I find the horizontal swing easier than vertical, striking a balance with modern mice like my razer is tricky, for some reason i cannot get the synapse program to work so my mouse DPI is fixed and not adjustable, a slow deliberate swing i find works well.  Sadly controller does not work, no idea why and cant find any way to get it to work either

for water shader just copy my settings in the voodoo program

xIfrUwX.jpg

JrVPgqH.jpg

v8qJnfW.jpg

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#49 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 22 February 2020 - 07:47 PM

I tried your settings DoGgs, and I still get the overly zoomed/distorted text in the swing feedback field (and there may be other info in that field that I can't see as well).  I did try setting the option to force the resolution to 1920 x 1080 in dgVoodoo's DirectX tab, and doing it there, the splash screen and main game menu were also stretched to 1920 x 1080.  When I was forcing it using the Universal Wide Screen patch, the menu and splash screens looked to be 4:3 ratio, and I had side bars on each side.  When the course was presented, it was then stretched to 1920 x 1080, or 3940 x 2160, depending on which one I'd "patched" in using the tool.

The problem with using the resolution force option in dgVoodoo was that the mouse cursor flickered to badly that I couldn't even get a swing to start, let alone fully execute.  OTOH, the graphics looked cleaner when using the resolution stretch tool there, as opposed to universal wide screen patch.  I was curious to see if stretching it using dgVoodoo was going to restore the swing  feedback box to something legible, but since I can't get a swing to execute because of the flickering mouse cursor/intermittent mouse functionality, there's no way for me to see that.

I take it you're not getting the garbled text in the swing feedback field in your installation?  I'm wondering if I overlooked a file, or didn't install a file correctly, and that's why I'm getting this unusual behavior?

I'd really love to see what the team that developed this game back in 2007 could do with a golf game in 2020, with today's hardware and development tools!  My biggest beef with the game is that I can't configure the default, knee-high swing camera angle to one that was shoulder high.  If you select "1", for the configurable swing camera that allows this to happen, it takes the "auto-cam" functionality out of the equation and you have to manually hit another number key to select another camera angle.  Since those cameras aren't self scaling, it's hard to pick one that shows a good view.  I also don't like having to fuss with a keyboard while I'm playing because I have to put it in my lap.  I'm playing the game on a 55" HDTV while sitting in a gaming chair, so I don't have a desk surface.  I scoot an end table over to the side of my gaming chair, which gives me enough of a surface for the mouse movement, but it's not suited for ergonomically friendly keyboard support.  

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#50 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 24 February 2020 - 03:48 PM

I don't know what I've done to my installation, but now I can't get the mouse to execute a swing.  I can move the cursor around, but when I hover over the golfer, it won't go into swing mode when I click.  I changed something in one of the two support utilities needed that caused this... I think, and nothing works.  I saw enough of it to know that I would like to have a 2020 version of this game though, with even some more camera/presentation options, but that's an unrealistic dream though.

I'd probably have played this game from 2007 until 2010, at the very least had I given it a play back then.  I had grown tired of being stuck to a desk for gaming, along about 2007, and I gave up Tiger Woods 06 for Links 2004 on the OG XBox, and then Tiger Woods 07 on the XBox 360.  Tiger Woods 10 was a very good golf game on the 360, and that one closed the door on my PC golf gaming interests until TGC was released in 2014, and later, Perfect Golf Early Access was released in 2015. 

One final note; I tried to play TW 08 this morning using the gamepad swing.  Even though the Windows 10 control panel shows my Elite 2 controller is connected, and I functionally tested it via the control panel, the game doesn't recognize that a gamepad is connected.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#51 Abe

Abe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 February 2020 - 09:14 PM

This is an older TW08 video I made to show some of the player's animations. Some disable them (I do) and others allow all animations. These are just the reaction animations.  The game is a blast with all features enabled in the beginning i.e.  commentators, crowd applause, background sounds, player approach animations, course life systems and various HUD.

• JCat04 likes this

#52 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 February 2020 - 05:16 AM

On my closing statement regarding TW08, I would just like to say that there is a lot to like about this platform. The big pluses are the Facemaker, Clothing and Golf Equipment are abundant although could stand to be updated. The Career Editor an added app by the forum is really great. I am playing the PGA, European, Champion and the .Com tours all in Career Mode. The negative side is that you can only play the different tours as a solo player. I love the electronic digital score boards. The other pain in the rear of course is installing all libraries needed fo every course you play. Thank God that the Course Caddy was developed by one of the Download members. It makes it a lot easier than before, and is available in both 32 & 64 bit. There are literally hundreds of these libraries so the Caddy is a must. There are other numerous enhancements available for download and they really improve the overall look of the game.

#53 Abe

Abe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 February 2020 - 06:22 PM

On my closing statement regarding TW08, I would just like to say that there is a lot to like about this platform. The big pluses are the Facemaker, Clothing and Golf Equipment are abundant although could stand to be updated. The Career Editor an added app by the forum is really great. I am playing the PGA, European, Champion and the .Com tours all in Career Mode. The negative side is that you can only play the different tours as a solo player. I love the electronic digital score boards. The other pain in the rear of course is installing all libraries needed fo every course you play. Thank God that the Course Caddy was developed by one of the Download members. It makes it a lot easier than before, and is available in both 32 & 64 bit. There are literally hundreds of these libraries so the Caddy is a must. There are other numerous enhancements available for download and they really improve the overall look of the game.

And, http://www.coursedownloads.com

is free to join now which gives you access to over 2,000 free courses.  The TW08 Caddie 64 BETA is what all of us need with a 64 bit system.  It's been BETA since 2009 and works just fine. Same settings apply for that app too. It must be run in Vista SP2 and run as administrator Compatibility Settings.

#54 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 February 2020 - 04:38 AM

The RTS (Real Time Swing) in TW08 is far better than the one in L2k3 and the one for PG. Much more user friendly and smooth.

#55 Tresclub

Tresclub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa, CA USA

Posted 01 March 2020 - 02:10 AM

Got TW08 installed without a flaw on my Win 10 system. 

Edit:  Got 3-click thing fixed.  Thanks Lee.

It was cool watching the installation happen via Team Viewer,
and what a  relief it was not having to tackle such a complex thhing on my own.

If you don't want to hassle with the installation, visit Lee Ray at
https://www.mousegolf.com,  I am a client and a friend.  Lee had been
helping me with computer stuff for several years, and I have no problem
recommending his service.

Warren

• Abe likes this

PerfectGolfMember2.jpg 

“You only live once, do it right, and once is enough."

Windows 10 Home 64-bit |Intel® Core™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.2GHz | nVidea GeForce GTX 1070 FTW
16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 | 2/Samsung EVO 850 500gb SSD | Corsair 600cx PwrSup
BenQ ZOWIE 27" 1ms LCD HD | DirectX 12 | Realtek High Definition Audio | HD Pro Webcam C920

#56 Abe

Abe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 March 2020 - 03:47 AM

Choose your own golfer in "Change Profile" or any of the included golfers.

Go back to Main Menu and choose EA Sports Game Face.

There you can change your swing type to 3click and difficulty.

If you make your own golfer you'll be able to adjust everything from height, weight, face appearance, equipment, clothing, hair...

(good for us bald guys  :D ).... and much more.

#57 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 01 March 2020 - 05:16 PM

I've finally given up trying to get this game to work on my system.  I still can't get the mouse to execute a swing, and it's hard to follow the mouse cursor because it flickers on and off rapidly, but seems to be invisible about 1/3 of the time.  Even when I get the cursor over the golfer, I can't get it to execute a swing.  Also, the options continue to not find a gamepad, when I try to select it, even though Windows 10's control panel shows it's connected and testing properly.  I was mostly curious to see how the career mode works in the game, but if I can't get a swing to execute, obviously I'm not going to do much with career mode.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#58 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 01 March 2020 - 07:19 PM

I've finally given up trying to get this game to work on my system.  I still can't get the mouse to execute a swing, and it's hard to follow the mouse cursor because it flickers on and off rapidly, but seems to be invisible about 1/3 of the time.  Even when I get the cursor over the golfer, I can't get it to execute a swing.  Also, the options continue to not find a gamepad, when I try to select it, even though Windows 10's control panel shows it's connected and testing properly.  I was mostly curious to see how the career mode works in the game, but if I can't get a swing to execute, obviously I'm not going to do much with career mode.

I may have had a similar issue here, on first install i had to click down and to the left of each button to execute them, the lowest buttons like main menu etc could not be clicked at all, think its a resolution issue. I cured it by removing the game and all its folders and starting again from scratch.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#59 Abe

Abe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 March 2020 - 08:37 PM

Got TW08 installed without a flaw on my Win 10 system. 

Edit:  Got 3-click thing fixed.  Thanks Lee.

It was cool watching the installation happen via Team Viewer,
and what a  relief it was not having to tackle such a complex thhing on my own.

If you don't want to hassle with the installation, visit Lee Ray at
https://www.mousegolf.com,  I am a client and a friend.  Lee had been
helping me with computer stuff for several years, and I have no problem
recommending his service.

Warren

Thank you and you're welcome. :)

#60 bgast1

bgast1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 08:58 PM

I've also received good help from Lee. My computer was running exceptionally slow and while I might have been able to figure out most of the stuff that he did on my own, it was nice not to have the hassle of researching all the stuff that I needed to getting things going quickly. Also getting TW08 installed on my computer was extremely helpful as I didn't really know what I was doing there. Again, I probably could have solved all these issues myself but I didn't feel like spending hours researching and reading all that needed to be done when I was up and running within a couple of minutes. He also helped me with 3 click issues that I was having with perfect golf. Now it plays pretty smooth. I get an occasional hick up but nothing to worry about. I mostly just play for fun.

• Abe likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users