#1 Riddler

Riddler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationMesquite, Nevada

Posted 22 February 2020 - 11:37 AM

Seems like the Jack Nicklaus name is no longer associated with Perfect Golf.  If you go to Steam it is now just called Perfect Golf.  Wonder if that changes anything as far as game continuing.

#2 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 22 February 2020 - 12:33 PM

Been wondering what is up with that, seems we still have the JN flash screen

when booting the game and the golden bear in the corner but steam has took JN off the title.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#3 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 February 2020 - 08:29 PM

That is somewhat interesting. If Jack is indeed no longer affiliated with PG, that might not necessarily be a bad omen. Who knows what sort of guidelines were established or agreed upon when this marriage took place. More importantly who or what  caused the breakup of this partnership. Maybe PG2 is not quite dead yet or possibly this Sim will be finally be pronounced dead. I should also add, when going into PG through Steam, nothing is different on my machine. The Nicklaus logo still appears on the screen followed by the golden bear in the bottom right hand corner during the loading process.

#4 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 24 February 2020 - 06:46 PM

Hummm!  The other view of the half full cup is the lights are slowly being extinguished.  Interesting what happens in August.

• GolfGuy72_2000 likes this

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#5 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 08:39 PM

I'm guessing Perfect Parallel only had the rights to put Jack's name on the game for a certain period of time (until around 4 years after it was officially released back in April of 2016).  Of course PP hardly ever posts here anymore so we're left to guess.

• Buck likes this

#6 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 10:17 PM

I'm guessing Perfect Parallel only had the rights to put Jack's name on the game for a certain period of time (until around 4 years after it was officially released back in April of 2016).  Of course PP hardly ever posts here anymore so we're left to guess.

Agreed - this seems very logical and likely

#7 GolfGuy72_2000

GolfGuy72_2000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 10:29 PM

Hummm!  The other view of the half full cup is the lights are slowly being extinguished.  Interesting what happens in August.

August will be very interesting indeed, as that's when it's been said service will end for the guys using JNPG in their simulators. The game had so much promise, and some of the recent course releases have really exceeded expectations. So much more could have and should have been done with the game. But sadly, it doesn't look like the "would have" part of that phrase will ever come to pass.

#8 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 03:16 PM

Last night when starting up PG on steam I took notice that the bear logo in the bottom right corner has now been replaced with the PG logo

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#9 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 04:29 PM

Last night when starting up PG on steam I took notice that the bear logo in the bottom right corner has now been replaced with the PG logo

That must have been the very small update that happened last night when I fired up Steam (removing JN assets from the game).

Sort of hurts the soul a bit to know how easily accessible doing an update like that is for "someone" out there.

I sure wish some of the quality of life updates that exist for TM PG1 and now of course TM VG could trickle down to us "quietly"..  lol

• KenR likes this

#10 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 08 April 2020 - 06:21 PM

Saw that myself a while ago and if it was that easy you would think they could do some kind of update but nothing.  Got to believe this game is coming to end soon as it seems they are just cleaning it up for that.  I hope not but the more nobody chimes in the more likely that it is going to go dark.

#11 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 07:43 PM

Saw that myself a while ago and if it was that easy you would think they could do some kind of update but nothing. Got to believe this game is coming to end soon as it seems they are just cleaning it up for that. I hope not but the more nobody chimes in the more likely that it is going to go dark.

“Cleaning it up for that”?

If the game goes away, it will just be gone.

There’s no need to slowly, publicly, gut the software over time in preparation to “kill it”.

We aren’t prepping steak for the grill here...lol

I don’t think this update is indicative of anything other than contractually needing to remove assets they no longer have license to.

Nothing more, nothing less

#12 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 08:00 PM

“Cleaning it up for that”?
If the game goes away, it will just be gone.
There’s no need to slowly, publicly, gut the software over time in preparation to “kill it”.
We aren’t prepping steak for the grill here...lol
I don’t think this update is indicative of anything other than contractually needing to remove assets they no longer have license to.
Nothing more, nothing less

Sorry Buck I don't think this game will be with us this time next year. I hope I am wrong but just my sense.

#13 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 08:02 PM

Sorry Buck I don't think this game will be with us this time next year. I hope I am wrong but just my sense.

I certainly have no data to refute your prediction.

I hope you're wrong (as you do as well) - and I won't be surprised either way at this point.

I'm sort of just enjoying the game while I can.

#14 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 08 April 2020 - 08:57 PM

I'm now playing WGT.  

My gaming PC succumbed to the sea air quite a while ago so I bought an All-In-One HP (everything enclosed and safe in the monitor if you didn't know). It runs PG at about 13 fps which is sort of playable using RTSM; but what's the point playing PG.

Anyway, the thing I like about WGT is you can get a multiplayer game within a minute - something that PG lacked. I would still be playing PG if my dream of an ELO was in place - even at 13 fps. The resolution of the photos in WGT is not great and grids are annoying but at least I'm not out on the course solo.

I would get a gaming PC for Mount and Blade 2 or something but I never considered doing that for PG1. Sad, I suppose.

#15 remers

remers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 10:51 PM

I've actually found a renewed sense of optimism about a new version in recent weeks and I have no idea why!

I think it goes back to something Mike said several months ago about low hanging fruit and not saying anything until they were much further advanced so as not to give competitors a 'heads up' (not sure who they would be now though :).

There have also been the odd very small comments from Andrew here and there and I'm still reasonably confident that a new version is still in the pipeline.

Of course what we'd all like to see in response to this is for this post to be 'liked' by Mike to keep the embers of hope gently simmering.

System Spec
---------------------
Win10 / Core i7 - 4820k 3.7Ghz / 16GB Ram / GeForce GTX780 / Corsair M95 Wired Mouse / Asus PB287Q 28in 4k Monitor

#16 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 11:25 AM

Greensboro you are full of pessimism about perfect golf almost to a pont where you want the servers to go off line. I bet you would be full of glee if that happens. Well hopefully this time next year i can copy and post your comment and hopefully we wil all be still playing PG.

#17 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 09 April 2020 - 01:35 PM

WGT is all I have right now too. And it's..... limited.

• balaceanca81 likes this

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#18 scajjr29

scajjr29

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationNH, USA

Posted 09 April 2020 - 03:09 PM

I switch between both PG & TGC2019. Both have positives,both have flaws, but right now I have 2 games to play, courses get released for both so I'm content. For now anyway.

Sam

Desktop- MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair Hydro H150i Pro cooler, 32Gb DDR4-3600, ASUS 6900XT LC Hybrid, Corsair MP600 1Tb PCIe 4 NVMe (x 2), 850 EVO 1Tb, Corsair 750Gb SSDs & Hitachi 3Tb HDD ,EVGA 1000PG PSU,Monoprice 27772 32" 4K HDR monitor x2,Windows 10 Pro x64, Salient Arch Linux

Laptop- Eluktronics (Clevo) P670RS-G  i7-6700HQ, 32Gb DDR4, 512Gb & 256Gb NVMe SSDs, GTX 1070 8Gb graphics, 17.3" 1080p G-Sync, Win 10 Pro x64,

XBox One X 1Tb w/2Tb external HDD, PS4 Pro 1Tb w/1Tb external HDD

#19 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 04:13 PM

Greensboro you are full of pessimism about perfect golf almost to a pont where you want the servers to go off line. I bet you would be full of glee if that happens. Well hopefully this time next year i can copy and post your comment and hopefully we wil all be still playing PG.

Maxie I hope you get to repost it and I hope you can tell me I was horribly wrong. I don't wish it to go away but gaming is all about what's new and people look for updates and improvements and even the next generation of a game but we got nothing. The real truth is I have been playing more MLB The Show than either of the golf games we have and that's because the best golf game PG is stale and no career mode to fall back on and the other not quite as good. Silence is telling in anything you do in life and silence now is telling me that this game might go dark sooner than later. We have a better chance of turning to stone than getting a Dev to tell us either way but hey it was still the best 20 bucks I ever spent.

#20 andrewjjones43#

andrewjjones43#

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 05:56 PM

I would be ecstatic if PG carried on in its current form for sim players and happy to pay whatever they want for a sim pass. I’ve been playing Kytaja NW, Tehana and Augusta a lot recently and never have any glitches and all three are brilliant fun playing from 6500yds tees. Obviously I would love improvements but the game is good enough as it stands now. The amazing designers seem to revel in the challenge of bending and warping CF way beyond it’s limits and the results are amazing.
I still don’t understand why TM wouldn’t take the money from sim players for no extra effort on their part.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users