#2 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 April 2020 - 09:27 PM

Ted, what and where is Ultimate Golf? I can't believe the golf course graphics would be on the same level as they are for PG.

#3 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 18 April 2020 - 09:40 PM

It's just a free phone app Jurgie. It's got grinding and plenty of Pay2Win stuff. Graphics are what you would expect but not too bad.

But it has an interesting swing mechanism which is not that easy to master and NO stump-legged, hunchbacked, crooked right elbowed, blank-stared, broken monkey-handed gripped, cloned, mono-sexxed avatar. It's pull back and twang (at the ding).

One hole head to heads with NTP tie breakers. Pretty intense tbh. Plus tourneys when you have grinded enough money.

Nothing to right home about but at least it's a bit of golf competition.

#4 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 April 2020 - 11:31 PM

LOL! While you're fired up, give me your thoughts on something.   We have a sort of platform with PG. If nothing else, it showcases all the great course designs in an impressive manner. In fact up to today I have seen nothing as good or even close to it. Why is it that with all the computer know-how that is floating around this forum can't we transform this skeletal abortion into an actual outstanding Simulation. Why in the world would the developers not be interested in turning what we have now, into the best thing on the market as we speak. If indeed it is a financial obstacle that has to be overcome, I for one and many others here I am sure, would kick in a reasonable amount of dough to make this a reality. If indeed wecould be assured that it would become one. What logical sense does it make to have this thing just sitting on a shelf gathering dust.

• Ted_Ball likes this

#5 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 11:42 PM

We have a sort of platform with PG. If nothing else, it showcases all the great course designs in an impressive manner. In fact up to today I have seen nothing as good or even close to it. 

With respect, compare TPC Sawgrass in Rory to Florida Glades in PG and there is simply no contest.

Rory looks nearly like real life on many of its courses. 

On pure visuals, which is what you hinted at above, there has never been a better looking golf game than Rory.

Rory has all kinds of other issues, chief of which is that it's abandonware, but visuals were not its downfall for sure.

A Frostbite golf game on PS5/XBX/PC could look sensational..

It's a true shame that it will almost certainly never happen due to there being no sizeable market for it.

(I hold out little to no hope for HB/2K until they show us something other than the recycled TGC1 they've spun for years now)

#6 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 12:15 AM

Perfect Parallel had the world at their feet but no money in their pockets - or probably more accurately - they weren't willing to use the money they had already sucked in. They went for the easy payday when they sold out.

The world was at their feet was because they had the basis of a truly great golf sim especially with the RTSM system. Somehow they managed to get themselves bogged along the road and then the vehicle stalled just when the promised land was within sight. It seems to me that they just didn't have the marketing nouse to develop this thing into a global success. (Look at eRacing now that motorsport has been shut down. There is an international competition underway with top professional drivers getting into it and, no doubt, attracting sponsorship. This could have happened with PG. I'll predict once the new Great Depression hits all the basement boys will sell off their stuff. That will be the first thing that goes. No more whacking a ball against a wall.) 

World domination was theirs. Untold riches. 

#7 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 09:00 AM

Ultimate Golf. Damn good fun.

One hole shootouts are intense. If the hole is tied there's a nearest the pin tie breaker. Tight pin over a bunker. Nerve-wracking. 

There's a multi-shot two minute comp with a 3 round elimination. Great fun watching yourself making the cut each round.

The ding is an oscillating gauge that's pretty hard to hit consistently. Pull back, hold, release at the ding. Oscillates quicker on some shots.

You'll get a match in the one hole head to head within 10 seconds. Beats sitting in the PG lobby for hours.

Very addictive (for a while I suppose).

#8 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 19 April 2020 - 12:51 PM

I'm so excited to try it.

#9 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 06:18 PM

Doesn’t seem available in the US iOS App Store unfortunately 

#10 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 06:34 PM

Doesn’t seem available in the US iOS App Store unfortunately 

Don't worry Buck I doubt it has 3-D grass or reflective water. :o  :D

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#11 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 06:42 PM

Don't worry Buck I doubt it has 3-D grass or reflective water. :o  :D

touché

#12 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 19 April 2020 - 08:52 PM

https://play.google....tegolf&hl=en_US

Is this the game?

#13 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 09:14 PM

That's it 

#14 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 09:25 PM

It's just a golf app. Don't get too excited. (Sarcasm noted Tigers btw)

I played an 18 hole tourney yesterday at Wolf Creek. I shot a 63 but there was no wind and putting is very easy (with a preview line). Leading score is -19 so it's not realistic of course. They were probably using super clubs and balls. Nevertheless it was tough enough with default equipment (230 yard Driver).

Something to pass the time.

#15 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 April 2020 - 11:53 PM

With respect, compare TPC Sawgrass in Rory to Florida Glades in PG and there is simply no contest.

On pure visuals, which is what you hinted at above, there has never been a better looking golf game than Rory.

Rory has all kinds of other issues, chief of which is that it's abandonware, but visuals were not its downfall for sure.

It's a true shame that it will almost certainly never happen due to there being no sizeable market for it.

(I hold out little to no hope for HB/2K until they show us something other than the recycled TGC1 they've spun for years now)

Truth of the matter is, I would'nt buy shit from EA Sports if they were having a fire sale. After the stunt they pulled with TW07 not including a Course  Architect with the game sealed the deal for me.

• cajuncapgun likes this

#16 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 12:36 AM

Truth of the matter is, I would'nt buy shit from EA Sports if they were having a fire sale. After the stunt they pulled with TW07 not including a Course  Architect with the game sealed the deal for me.

That’s all well and good and I understand that sentiment..

But the point remains, that on pure overall graphical prowess alone, nothing has touched Rory so far

#17 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 April 2020 - 01:25 AM

That’s all well and good and I understand that sentiment..

But the point remains, that on pure overall graphical prowess alone, nothing has touched Rory so far

What platform are you on, console or Windows?

#18 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 01:28 AM

What platform are you on, console or Windows?

I play wherever I need to honestly. Windows for gaming these days, but with an interested eye at this next console generation. 

The PS5 in particular looks to be a unique monster with what they are doing with the flash storage there, among other things. 

I never let the console vs PC thing be a deterrent if there’s a great game to get access to somewhere. 

#19 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 20 April 2020 - 05:40 AM

It's just a golf app. Don't get too excited. (Sarcasm noted Tigers btw)

I played an 18 hole tourney yesterday at Wolf Creek. I shot a 63 but there was no wind and putting is very easy (with a preview line). Leading score is -19 so it's not realistic of course. They were probably using super clubs and balls. Nevertheless it was tough enough with default equipment (230 yard Driver).

Something to pass the time.

I have a IOS phone.i just looked it up to see what it’s about.i proberly could download it using bluestacks .

#20 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 06:17 AM

I hope so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users