2 replies to this topic

#1 jspirate

jspirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 07:04 PM

So... I ran  into a Unity problem that I've never seen before.

In short, all of the sudden out of no where, Unity would not allow to me to work online. When I tried logging in, I got the message that appears in the title.  When working off-line you lose the asset store and such. So, I took to the interwebs.  This lead to much frustration because apparently my problem is not that uncommon.  I tried many fixes that had been successful for others, all without luck.  Then, when I was about to give up, I found an old Win 8 fix and thought "what the heck."  I gave it a try and it worked even though I am on Win 10.

I leave this here just in case it might help someone else.  It involves running 3 simple commands and restarting.  It boggles me that it worked, but it did:

https://answers.unit...8835.1551473958

i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

Courses:

Bradford Links - released

Ironwood - released

Cypress Landing - released (also available in a 3DG version)

Crow's Nest - released

#2 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 31 July 2020 - 01:52 AM

I think maybe the server was just down. (or something). I got the same thing (I think it was yesterday).  (I had to work offline and no asset store) I tried again the next morning and connected fine.  :P

Edit: I just checked your link and sounds like a different problem. I've never not been able to connect for a week. Actually, I think the other day was the first time I had an issue. 

AMD RYZEN 7800 X3D (Windows 11)

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#3 jspirate

jspirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 02:09 PM

I think maybe the server was just down. (or something). I got the same thing (I think it was yesterday).  (I had to work offline and no asset store) I tried again the next morning and connected fine.  :P

Edit: I just checked your link and sounds like a different problem. I've never not been able to connect for a week. Actually, I think the other day was the first time I had an issue. 

Its strange... lots of people have had the problem over the years.  In my reading, it appears that some people have it triggered by software installs or even attending some webinars.  Not sure I understand that...

i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

Courses:

Bradford Links - released

Ironwood - released

Cypress Landing - released (also available in a 3DG version)

Crow's Nest - released

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users