#1 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 29 January 2021 - 10:40 PM

easy question will we ever see any new courses again, have not seen one since Aug 21.

next month will be 6 months it was jspirate Crow Nest. November 17 was the final. is course design done for this game?

there are just so many great courses that could still be built.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#2 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 11:45 PM

Sure hope so!

Just played 27 holes a few minutes ago

Totally loving my switch to RTS-M this last month.

It very much livened things up for me

• slouis likes this

#3 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 11:50 PM

Quite the course list for Trackman PG2 at this point also...   :mellow:

zOLIU0k.pngZ40RZx7.png

#4 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 12:18 AM

We know that Manila is on the way, Jugador looks to be making progress on one...I hope Brian Silvernail does another.  DPRoberts has been quiet, and unless someone coughs up a lot of dough for lidar Matt Rose can't do Yarra Yarra.

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

#5 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 30 January 2021 - 03:24 AM

Jugador looks to be making progress on one...

I noticed that, too. It is worrisome. (no courses lately) I still think this is the best golf game out there. I just need to do some finishing touches on the 17th hole. It's Eagle Eye's signature hole, so I wanted to do it justice.  I'm gonna try to post a download link by Sunday, so you guys can take it for a test drive and let me how much it sucks. lol  :D

qquon8H.jpg

i7t0ebR.jpg

• ✠ davef ✠, balaceanca81, slouis and 2 others like this

AMD RYZEN 7800 X3D (Windows 11)

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#6 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 03:46 AM

A couple of things to do before you make a link - change the satellite overlay from Trucolor to compressed (makes the file size smaller), and make sure any water has water physics.  

#7 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 30 January 2021 - 04:51 AM

A couple of things to do before you make a link - change the satellite overlay from Trucolor to compressed (makes the file size smaller), and make sure any water has water physics.  

Okay...I intentionally hit a shot into every water hazard, and the penalty shot "drop" seems to function fine in all hazards. I'll check the overlay. Thanks!

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#8 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 30 January 2021 - 11:30 AM

thanks for some hope fella's as someone else said i to believe this is the best golf game 

out there it is really to bad the Jones Boy's dropped the ball on us. as i really don't understand why they let it go

there is still much money that could be made off this game. thought they where in this to make money even with the sale they made to tracman

they could have been making a bunch of money.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#9 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 30 January 2021 - 04:53 PM

Okay...I intentionally hit a shot into every water hazard, and the penalty shot "drop" seems to function fine in all hazards. I'll check the overlay. Thanks!

Jugador, I don't know if this is your first course release but regardless it looks great and looking forward to playing it.  OGT had a list of checks for testers when courses were in beta.  These included checking pin positions to make sure there weren't any unfair placements.  Also making sure all tee boxes were level and that all tees had the correct par.  I have the list somewhere and if I can find it I will let you know.  Hazard checks which you have already done was also one of the checks.

RTSM - Pro

#10 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 30 January 2021 - 11:56 PM

Jugador, I don't know if this is your first course release but regardless it looks great and looking forward to playing it.  OGT had a list of checks for testers when courses were in beta.  These included checking pin positions to make sure there weren't any unfair placements.  Also making sure all tee boxes were level and that all tees had the correct par.  I have the list somewhere and if I can find it I will let you know.  Hazard checks which you have already done was also one of the checks.

Thanks! Yes, this is my first course (to download). Finishing up the Splash screen, now. I watched MJ's pin placement video, so I think pins should be fair and no more than 2% slope. I'll double check the tee boxes tonight and make sure their all flat. (good thinking)

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#11 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 01 February 2021 - 09:40 AM

VG2 is pretty much my entire life now, so I don't see myself doing anything new for the forseeable future. But I won't say never again. These days I admit I have little desire to devote leisure time to essentially the same activity as my job, especially since it would require using two different versions of Unity, CF, and everything else, so it isn't terribly practical either. Also Trackman doesn't have much interest in video games, unfortunately.

• Buck likes this

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#12 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 02:03 PM

You design for VG2?  I must've missed that memo...

#13 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 03:17 PM

VG2 is pretty much my entire life now, so I don't see myself doing anything new for the forseeable future. But I won't say never again. These days I admit I have little desire to devote leisure time to essentially the same activity as my job, especially since it would require using two different versions of Unity, CF, and everything else, so it isn't terribly practical either. Also Trackman doesn't have much interest in video games, unfortunately.

Very much congratulations to Matt!  That's awesome man - very cool!

No wonder there are so many great new courses coming out with your talent, among others I'm sure, in there cranking away!

It's a bummer to hear how not interested in the normal video game side Trackman is.

I email the CEO every so often - I will keep doing so in hopes it might hit his radar one day.

I'm just so happy PG1 continues to work.  Still playing my usual 2-3 rounds per night and loving it, particularly with RTS-M!

#14 Stingreye

Stingreye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 01 February 2021 - 05:48 PM

Congratulations Matt!

#15 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 03 February 2021 - 12:38 AM

I've been on since September. I guess I thought it was more of an open secret.

Some of the other guys are former regulars here too.
  • RobV likes this

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#16 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 12:43 AM

I've been on since September. I guess I thought it was more of an open secret.

Some of the other guys are former regulars here too.

Stole all the talent!  No wonder the course releases dried up!

(mostly joking - I'm glad to hear people got picked up and are getting paid for their talent & effort)

#17 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 01:52 AM

Leave the other sim guys high and dry, cherry pick the best community designers...TM really know how to deal.

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

#18 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 01:53 AM

Bidniss baby....bidniss

We are just bitter because we are not a niche that is profitable enough to be of interest to them
  • Mulligan likes this

#19 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 02:27 AM

I have no problem being bitter.

I'm surprised they're still allowing Matt to post here and keep the old CourseForge installed.

• Buck likes this

#20 remers

remers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 01:11 PM

Good for you Matt, I am genuinely pleased for you because you always made it clear that this is something you really wanted to do. Now all we need is for you to use your immense influence to get Trackman to see the light and release VG2 on PC!
  • M Rose and Buck like this

System Spec
---------------------
Win10 / Core i7 - 4820k 3.7Ghz / 16GB Ram / GeForce GTX780 / Corsair M95 Wired Mouse / Asus PB287Q 28in 4k Monitor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users