39 replies to this topic

#21 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 04 February 2021 - 11:27 AM

I've been on since September. I guess I thought it was more of an open secret.

Some of the other guys are former regulars here too.

Oddly enough, my brother and I just downloaded all of your designs for Links...  I had a few, but every single one is top notch, very fun to play!   Still having a blast with Links!     And yeah, congrats on the job with VG2!  

#22 Abe

Abe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 February 2021 - 06:26 PM

There were two released to PGLS in 2021.
http://www.perfectpa...ourse-videos-⛳/

#23 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 04 February 2021 - 09:15 PM

The Deans is not a new release, it has been around quite a while now

read page 2 of this thread and you will see it  was added back at 6/19/2020

it was not updated when Mark posted it a few days back it had just gotten misplaced from the courses

and had to be replaced. every now and than this happens and a course has to be replaced

https://pgls.golflad...t=5388&start=10

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#24 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 05 February 2021 - 03:50 PM

Links designs.... yeesh, those were so.... average, at least compared to the better designers there. I only ever really got the hang of it at the end.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#25 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 05 February 2021 - 04:00 PM

I'm surprised they're still allowing Matt to post here and keep the old CourseForge installed.

Heh, no, it isn't THAT harsh.... but it can be a rather guarded operation at times. I think some of the other guys would post more, but there isn't a whole lot to talk about. We are all pretty busy people too - I keep some pretty unsociable hours.

I still have CF1 installed but there's not much there... everything I had that was unfinished is on my google drive, so it's there if I want it. I guess I could see a time when I revisit it and use some the things I've learned. I think the hardest thing would be going back to Unity 5 and having to do all the buildings myself again.

• RobC likes this

#26 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Locationmarble falls tx

Posted 05 February 2021 - 07:28 PM

matt i have a question dont know if you can answer or not but here gos.do you use a new updated course forge ,or is it the same course forge with newer unity?if you can answer this publicly ,please do.what version of unity?

shadowcreek: tpc avenel:tpc san antonio:valhalla:quail hollow:trump coltsneck:hudson valley:ferry point:bedminster old and new course

Pasatiempo:Kingswood:Carnoustie:Augusta:SandHollow:TPC Summerlin

#27 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 01:09 AM

I could tell you, but I'd have to kill you :)

#28 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Locationmarble falls tx

Posted 06 February 2021 - 10:35 PM

ok fair enough, i guess i got my answer.weird!

shadowcreek: tpc avenel:tpc san antonio:valhalla:quail hollow:trump coltsneck:hudson valley:ferry point:bedminster old and new course

Pasatiempo:Kingswood:Carnoustie:Augusta:SandHollow:TPC Summerlin

#29 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 07 February 2021 - 10:28 PM

Links designs.... yeesh, those were so.... average, at least compared to the better designers there. I only ever really got the hang of it at the end.

If you say so... I enjoyed playing them..  Eastern Hills being my favorite.  

#30 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 18 February 2021 - 07:39 AM

LOL, Birdie has been working on Manila for 2 years it seems. It will never be finished because he can't stop adding or trying new things. 

This is still a great game but is going no where, the group I was playing with INCLUDING Brian Silvernail all play Fridays nights now on PGA2k21. Not saying he won't do another one but it's hard to design for a game that none of his friends or regular Friday night friends play anymore. You all knew from the moment  this game  was sold by The Two UKboys that this game it was doomed....

Please direct all you're heat towards them as it's much deserved....

We know that Manila is on the way, Jugador looks to be making progress on one...I hope Brian Silvernail does another.  DPRoberts has been quiet, and unless someone coughs up a lot of dough for lidar Matt Rose can't do Yarra Yarra.

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#31 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 18 February 2021 - 08:37 AM

This is still a great game but is going no where, the group I was playing with INCLUDING Brian Silvernail all play Fridays nights now on PGA2k21.

Wow - really - Brian is onto 2k21 also?

That really is the final nail in the coffin one would think

What a bummer - just played his release this AM

#32 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 18 February 2021 - 09:53 AM

Please direct all you're heat towards them as it's much deserved....

No point, they don't even check in here.  Their final gift to us was probably enabling offline play.

The real shame is that TM people won't get as much value out of PG as a Skytrak person would have.  If you can afford a TM you can probably afford to play/join some of these clubs for real.  For them it's just another luxury, for us it was a hobby.

• Buck likes this

#33 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 18 February 2021 - 10:15 AM

All things considered here, it's fairly amazing this title is still for sale on Steam (at full price no less)

• Tigers Agent likes this

#34 BSilvernail

BSilvernail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Florida

Posted 18 February 2021 - 07:34 PM

Wow - really - Brian is onto 2k21 also?

That really is the final nail in the coffin one would think

What a bummer - just played his release this AM

Good old Joe, always stirring up the crap.  ;)

Yes, our group has switched from playing Perfect Golf to PGA 2K21 on Friday night. I enjoy playing the game and I also enjoy playing Perfect Golf. I'm not terribly picky which golf game we play as a group, unlike some of the other guys. Which one I design for tends to be the game we are currently playing as a group.

That said, I haven't abandoned designing courses for Perfect Golf. I currently have three designs for Perfect Golf underway and plan to complete at least two of the courses. They are too far along to abandon all the hours that has been put into them. Seeing the amazing work that Birdie has been investing into Manila Southwoods, it is hard to come somewhat close to the bar he has set, but it is a fun challenge to try.

I also have a PGA 2K21 course I've been tinkering with for years. It actually started way back with TGC2, which we played as a group for about a year before switching to Perfect Golf. I finding working with the PGA 2K21 course designer very slow and clunky. Their interface makes sense with the console in mind, but I find it painful to work with on a PC. The lack of custom art for courses is a big downside as well. There is no comparison between it and the Course Forge. I'm sure I'll finally finish this course for PGA 2K21, but the only real motivating factor is being able to play it on a Friday night as a group.

Brian

• Joe Habiger, J_Schollmeyer, erwildcat and 2 others like this

#35 Goran JoeMen

Goran JoeMen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 February 2021 - 08:28 PM

There are still around 50 players in the PG lobby on weekends, so the game is not forgotten yet (used to be 100 a few years ago). I don´t think many of them know about this forum. If more courses are released they will be welcomed and played with great enthusiasm.

I played the Jack Nicklaus GBC golfgame for 15 years untill PG came, and I will play this as long as I enjoy it and have a few golfing partners. 

• J_Schollmeyer, ✠ davef ✠, Buck and 1 other like this

http://www.goranmentzer.st

RTS-M pro  -  Intel i5-9600K 3.7ghz  - 16GB  RAM - GeForce RTX 2060 super  - 2560x1440

#36 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 18 February 2021 - 08:55 PM

That said, I haven't abandoned designing courses for Perfect Golf. I currently have three designs for Perfect Golf underway and plan to complete at least two of the courses. They are too far along to abandon all the hours that has been put into them. 

Wonderful news Brian!  

Thank you for stopping in and clarifying.

I totally love your first PG course and very much am looking forward to any other work you are nice enough to share with us as time goes along.

• J_Schollmeyer and ✠ davef ✠ like this

#37 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 19 February 2021 - 09:17 PM

Good old Joe, always stirring up the crap.  ;)

Yes, our group has switched from playing Perfect Golf to PGA 2K21 on Friday night. I enjoy playing the game and I also enjoy playing Perfect Golf. I'm not terribly picky which golf game we play as a group, unlike some of the other guys. Which one I design for tends to be the game we are currently playing as a group.

You know it...lol

I'm not that picky but I just wanted to go somewhere with a future. I'm tired of playing a golf game only a few people play because if you do design a course you'd like people to play them not just our same group. Think of the thousands of people in PGA2k21 compared to 50..lol

50 is still good because it's better than just the 7 of us that only played a certain golf game for many, many, many years that nobody else wanted to play because of a bad review. 

I should put out the newest version of Hazeltine RyderCup even if I don't work on it anymore..lol - Not sure I can because when I built my new computer just a couple months ago I deleted all my golf stuff on my older drive. I still might have the course files on my main drive on my old computer but not sure I want to even look. It's still pretty much complete except the 3d grass I wanted to put on it, it might have a few tears in the rough texture because when you buffer or when I did anyways I had many tears and some are not easy to fix. Hard to spot them though.

I'll make a post with a link to the file just incase people want to play it.

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#38 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 10:54 PM

Player numbers aside, do you course designers get much satisfaction out of "designing" in 2k21?

I don't mean to start a war on 2k21 vs PG again, I just don't see how that course design system and the somewhat "things all look very similar no matter what" results that come out of it could really scratch the itch of the truly creative and talented designers who are willing to put in the time to create "the best".

Put another way - suppose nobody was going to ever play your designs beyond your own friends and yourself.

Which design system do you feel has the most capability and generates the best results?

#39 ScottL48

ScottL48

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMyrtle Beach, SC

Posted 25 February 2021 - 06:40 PM

easy question will we ever see any new courses again, have not seen one since Aug 21.

next month will be 6 months it was jspirate Crow Nest. November 17 was the final. is course design done for this game?

there are just so many great courses that could still be built.

I am still working on a couple of new ones and hope to have them out sometime this spring, with all that is going on family and myself getting sick, work and going back to school got to make time for everything and balancing everything so look for one from me in the late spring!!

• ✠ davef ✠, balaceanca81 and Buck like this

#40 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 26 February 2021 - 06:44 AM

I am still working on a couple of new ones and hope to have them out sometime this spring, with all that is going on family and myself getting sick, work and going back to school got to make time for everything and balancing everything so look for one from me in the late spring!!

great to hear Scott, if you need any testers prior to release 

sign me up.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users