#21 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 10 April 2022 - 02:42 AM

@JTee1

Which golf game are you playing exactly?

https://www.golfplusvr.com/

I started years ago with Microsoft golf then all the links golf games. Then tiger woods,perfect golf, TGC.

Also did be golf for the e6 simulator software which is nice for $99 a year and 50 courses I believe.

And I had a lot of fun playing all of them but this takes the Cake it's not the best physics wise or graphics but it is a blast to play with your friends or just anybody that is on. Everywhere you turn it's golf course and is all the missing is the beer cart girl. Voice chat is in the game it's just like walking on the golf course with your friends. This game is just getting started out and has a lot of room to grow, definitely there will be more VR and more golf games. I'm looking at another one now called golf 5 eclub VR. Hope to see some more perfect golf players grabbing Oculus to play.

#22 Slattery

Slattery

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 April 2022 - 02:43 AM

I just purchased an oculus quest 2 and can't put it down. Absolutely love it.
I too have played all the Links series since 1990 and love them.
I'll give the VR golf a go and see.
  • JTee1 and Slattery like this

Intel i7 4970K Devils Canyon CPU - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK Motherboard - MSI GeForce GTX2060 6GB Graphics Card - 256GB SSD - RAM 16GB - Windows 10 64 bit - Asus 4K PG27AQ Monitor - Xbox One Controller - NBN 100Mbps Connection (100/40)

#23 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 10 April 2022 - 02:55 AM

I just purchased an oculus quest 2 and can't put it down. Absolutely love it.
I too have played all the Links series since 1990 and love them.
I'll give the VR golf a go and see.

Yes I've only had it 4 days and I cannot set it down. Always find a game in the lobby and waiting on a golf grip for the controller to come in the mail. That will help with the total immersion of golf. We've run over by a drunk driver for a year and a half ago and that ended my golfing. This does not bother me as that as swinging on e6 golf simulator. I'm competitive but I love the camaraderie on the course
  • Buck likes this

#24 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 10 April 2022 - 07:38 AM

I've heard good things about Golf+

Might check it out if they get a few more courses at some point

#25 Slattery

Slattery

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 April 2022 - 11:23 AM

Just played 9 holes with 3 other blokes. Im hooked. Love it. Battery drains pretty quick though. Will have to get the elite battery pack for extended play time

Intel i7 4970K Devils Canyon CPU - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK Motherboard - MSI GeForce GTX2060 6GB Graphics Card - 256GB SSD - RAM 16GB - Windows 10 64 bit - Asus 4K PG27AQ Monitor - Xbox One Controller - NBN 100Mbps Connection (100/40)

#26 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 10 April 2022 - 02:53 PM

Seems really cool, but little too cartoony for my liking..  Also not sure I would want to wear the goggles for 18 holes, but still looks like the future of golf gaming.   I'm still looking into Phi golf and E6, which would be a better fit for me.  

• Buck likes this

#27 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 10 April 2022 - 08:10 PM

It does seem a bit cartoony -- sort of Mario Golf style.

I imagine they sort of have to go that route due to the graphical limitations of the platform/hardware

#28 bgast1

bgast1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 11 April 2022 - 02:05 AM

I've heard good things about Golf+

Might check it out if they get a few more courses at some point

That's the one drawback for me, not enough courses and I don't see any coming down the pipe. And the polygonal graphics. But it is lots of fun, still.

• Buck and RobV like this

#29 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 15 April 2022 - 08:05 AM

A really cool concept would be a true mutli-player experience.. where you actually see other online players on the course.  A mode where you actually book tee times for a course on a dedicated server or what have you, and actually see players in the distance, on the fairway, greens, teeing off, etc.   No other golf game has done that.

It is a nice concept but wouldnt work as imagine your waiting to Tee off on a hole and were waitng in real time for slow players to finish the hole eg a par 3 . So the amount of time for a group of 4 to play that hole would be doubled or more

T.W.O. had some of these features. I still play it from time to time.I lost all my upgrades when i redid my HD  a few years ago.I lost my ninja and classic clubs, boosters etc. I haven't played it enough to see if i will get them back.

#30 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • LocationVirtual Private Network

Posted 16 April 2022 - 10:25 AM

T.W.O. had some of these features. I still play it from time to time.I lost all my upgrades when i redid my HD  a few years ago.I lost my ninja and classic clubs, boosters etc. I haven't played it enough to see if i will get them back.

TWO doesn't exist anymore. Hasn't for years. 10 years as a matter of fact.

#31 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 16 April 2022 - 01:40 PM

TWO doesn't exist anymore. Hasn't for years. 10 years as a matter of fact.

I still play it from time to time.just can’t do the online part.if you bought the game back then, you can still play it.it had some of the features that was posted about,like seeing other players on the same hole as you,etc.
  • RobV likes this

#32 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 17 April 2022 - 02:46 AM

I don't think we're talking about the same game. You have a screenshot of a typical hole on the course?

#33 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 17 April 2022 - 12:40 PM

I don't think we're talking about the same game. You have a screenshot of a typical hole on the course?

I have the Masters Edition, Here’s the game I think (not sure if it’s the masters or not).Ill try and take a short video or pic and post it off my computer ,if I can remember how.it’s been a long time since I last tried.
https://youtu.be/8Tx8P_t3UBM

#34 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 17 April 2022 - 05:55 PM

I have the Masters Edition, Here’s the game I think (not sure if it’s the masters or not).Ill try and take a short video or pic and post it off my computer ,if I can remember how.it’s been a long time since I last tried.
https://youtu.be/8Tx8P_t3UBM

Yea, TWO was online only. If you bought a copy, someone scammed the hell out of you. That looks like one of the regular TW games.

#35 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 18 April 2022 - 08:48 AM

Yea, TWO was online only. If you bought a copy, someone scammed the hell out of you. That looks like one of the regular TW games.

How could i get scammed if i bought it from EA/Origin? Here are a few minutes of me playing, hope the links work,sorry about the glare.i had to redo my hd a few years ago and lost everything i had in the game.im slowly doing a replay thru to see if i can get it back.If i remember, it was just only t.w.o. but they did a upgrade and called it 'the masters' go full screen on the video to get the best look.

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

here is a pic of  just 1 of my games on Origin

• RobV likes this

#36 Slattery

Slattery

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 April 2022 - 09:11 AM

Was that the tiger woods version that was only playable through an internet browser?

#37 tanman05851

tanman05851

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationNorthEast Kingdom,Republic of Vermont

Posted 18 April 2022 - 07:42 PM

How could i get scammed if i bought it from EA/Origin? Here are a few minutes of me playing, hope the links work,sorry about the glare.i had to redo my hd a few years ago and lost everything i had in the game.im slowly doing a replay thru to see if i can get it back.If i remember, it was just only t.w.o. but they did a upgrade and called it 'the masters' go full screen on the video to get the best look.

here is a pic of  just 1 of my games on Origin

I would say you have Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 :The Masters. TWO was online only.

• Buck likes this

Windows 10 Pro -Intel 8th Gen Core i5-8400 Processor-ASRock Z370 Extreme4 Motherboard-Corsair DDR4 2666 MHZ(16GB)

Asus Geforce GTX 1060 6 GB Turbo Edition-Dell S3220DGF-3C-Logitech G502

Finally found a competitive AI "Phil Mucklebot" Aggressive Pro 3,3,3,3,3,5

#38 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 19 April 2022 - 06:08 AM

I would say you have Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 :The Masters. TWO was online only.

I did a little research and found this on ea website:

Moreover, a three-month membership to Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Online*, an authentic golf experience streamed directly through a web browser, is available with Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters. As a member, gamers will have access to additional features such as expanded multiplayer modes, additional courses and group tournaments.

*Internet Connection, Unity Web Player and EA account registration required. Must be 13+ to register for an EA account.

I played t.w.o. every day,(and i know it was just a browser game) it wasn't the masters till they came out with it.If you want to call it a add-on, ill agree with that. I don't have the caddy like the regular pc version does.But this game had features like the poster mentioned in his post,

Here is another source:

Tiger Woods PGA Tour Online (2010)[edit]

Tiger Woods PGA Tour Online was an online streaming version of the Tiger Woods franchise.

Players took part in single player modes or in tournaments. Tournaments were split into weekly and daily competitions, sometimes based on events then happening in the PGA Tour. For example, during the US Open, the courses that have had the US Open had a discount on points.

Players chose between monthly and yearly subscriptions with unlimited access, or chose to pay for individual rounds through microtransactions.[107] Players who didn't subscribe were still allowed to compete, although they were usually allowed to play only one or two rounds each day.

On September 6, 2011, it became integrated with the Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 PC version. EA Sports retired Tiger Woods PGA Tour Online on July 6, 2013.

dont know why the 1st part is dark.

#39 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 02:30 PM

I did a search on Origin and came up with nothing...  that game, at least on my Origin, is not available.  

#40 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 20 April 2022 - 01:23 AM

Was that the tiger woods version that was only playable through an internet browser?

Yup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users