34 replies to this topic

#21 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 06 September 2022 - 07:22 PM

They gotta' dial back the colors a bit, no ?

That looks super cartoony

Egolf 5 colors are better, golf + seems to be more of a complete game overall for me. The immersion factor of both are awesome and prefer to E6 sim with swing stick or PC mouse swing

#22 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 07 September 2022 - 08:01 PM

JTee1#5949 user id to add me on oculus

#23 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 20 November 2022 - 05:07 AM

New update and course is Pinehurst 2, with pebble beach to follow. I love the total immersion and swinging of a club and making a 3/4 shot within 10 ft of the pin.  I typically club up and back off my swing 5 or 10% like my real life game. The harder I tried to hit it the more fade and draw as in real life also. 

What an awesome game

#24 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 20 November 2022 - 05:08 AM

Aren't there only a couple courses though?

Or how is that part coming along?

They just added Pinehurst for a total of seven courses with Pebble Beach in the works.

• Buck likes this

#25 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 20 November 2022 - 05:55 PM

Golf+ has gone up a level with the new update. You can now add draw/fade bias to your clubs, which has cured the slice issue which most players have complained about and also adjust the lie angle of your club heads and length of the clubs. You can also now upgrade your clubs and balls to real life equipment, such as the new ‘Stealth’ driver, Calloway balls etc etc.

The only issues that irk me are the fact that you can’t adjust the time of day or the colour saturation, which I feel makes the game look cartoony and the devs insist on setting the time of day to early morning/late evening. The game itself though, plays very nicely. 
Playing Pinehurst no.2 on Pro with Pro speed greens is a real challenge.

Regarding online play, I played my first game today against my brother and the experience was fantastic. 

• Buck and RobV like this
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#26 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 20 November 2022 - 10:52 PM

I just wish this didn’t have such a cartoonish aesthetic

Looks like Mario 64

#27 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 21 November 2022 - 02:56 AM

I just wish this didn’t have such a cartoonish aesthetic

Looks like Mario 64

I know. I have complained to the devs about the over saturated colours but got nowhere, just a rebuke for keep mentioning it.

I’ve asked for the option to adjust the colours and chose the time of day. Perhaps they will add these features in the future but I wouldn’t let this fact put you off playing, if you already own an Meta Quest 2. 

Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#28 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 28 November 2022 - 06:00 PM

Hey everyone,

What a year it has been! Our goal for the product back in 2019 when we launched with only Pro Putt, was always to get to a place where full course golf in VR was possible – and almost 3 years later, we’re about to be able to play Pebble Beach WHENEVER we want! Mind blown. We also have an exciting lineup of new courses coming to the platform in 2023 – and will be back with more information about that once we are all set.

In order to keep bringing new dream courses to the platform, we’re going to be updating the 'standard' pricing of DLC courses to $9.99 from $7.99. This will go into effect on January 1, 2023, along with Valhalla moving into the paid category. Attached is an image on what the new course page will look like.

Anyone who plays GOLF+ before January 1st (including you all) will be gifted Valhalla for free – so if you have any friends on the fence about buying GOLF+, encourage them to do so before the new year! GOLF+ is also on sale starting today this week for Black Friday for 30% OFF.

Thank you for your support this year, and we look forward to continuing to bring you all amazing golf experiences.

Happy golfing!

#29 Parboy

Parboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • LocationKansas City MO by way of Santa Ana CA

Posted 28 November 2022 - 09:27 PM

Not seeing the attached image.

#30 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 28 November 2022 - 09:50 PM

This video is surprisingly convincing

• JTee1 likes this

#31 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 29 November 2022 - 01:51 AM

Does the Quest 2 hamper it a bit due to the specs being a bit meager?

I'm specifically thinking about resolution and viewing things in the distance (particularly important in a golf game)

My one takeaway from all my VR time so far (mainly with flight sim) is that I just want more and more resolution so I can enjoyably and clearly view things in the distance -- that and eye-tracked foveated rendering so we can get great resolution when/where we need it.

#32 bgast1

bgast1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 29 November 2022 - 09:06 PM

Buck-- are you using MS Flight simulator?  If so how does it work? I have Meta Pro now. I have a golf stick that works with the Meta Pro. I couldn't figure out how to make the Dead eye stick work with the Meta Pro. Works great with Quest 2 though. But I really want to get into the flight sim thing too. I just haven't attempted it yet other than Ultrawings. 

Also, anyone considering moving up to the Meta Pro. It's view is much better than Quest 2, but at a 1500.00 price point it is a hard decision. The only drawback is the battery life of the headset. With the Quest 2 you can attach another battery and keep going. Haven't looked for a solution for the Meta Pro yet, although I am fairly certain that someone will come along with as solution. 

• Buck likes this

#33 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 29 November 2022 - 11:58 PM

Buck-- are you using MS Flight simulator?  If so how does it work? 

I was using it with Reverb G2 - I ended up returning it

View in distance was still not good enough (for me -- being used to flat panel 4k) and it was a little clunky

It also really needs a serious serious computer to perform well

All of this will be so much better with an eye tracking setup to do the foveated rendering

#34 bgast1

bgast1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 30 November 2022 - 07:08 PM

I was using it with Reverb G2 - I ended up returning it

View in distance was still not good enough (for me -- being used to flat panel 4k) and it was a little clunky

It also really needs a serious serious computer to perform well

All of this will be so much better with an eye tracking setup to do the foveated rendering

I have the serious computer. I also have Microsoft Flight Simulator and supposedly you can play with the Quest 2 in VR but I haven't tried it yet. I will start looking into this soon. But I am mostly playing golf. I don't like the cartoony view of the golf +, but I can live with it. They are improving. VR over all is cartoony. 

• Buck likes this

#35 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 30 November 2022 - 08:02 PM

I have the serious computer. I also have Microsoft Flight Simulator and supposedly you can play with the Quest 2 in VR but I haven't tried it yet. I will start looking into this soon. But I am mostly playing golf. I don't like the cartoony view of the golf +, but I can live with it. They are improving. VR over all is cartoony. 

I know someone who has a Quest 2 + beefy computer for MSFS -- they moved up to Reverb G2 and now I think he has a Varjo (not sure on spelling)

MSFS benefits enormously from the best PC + best VR headset you can throw at it

That will be the *ultimate* use of an eye tracked foveated rendering headset (once MSFS supports the eye tracking/rendering part eventually)

Hope you report back with your feelings on Q2 + MSFS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users