34 replies to this topic

#1 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 09 April 2022 - 06:53 PM

For those that are looking for an immersive golf game and a novice amateur and pro level. I would definitely suggest buying the Oculus 2. Just take your VR headset and your little club with you and play anywhere in the world that you travel. While the game is in its infancy and they are going to add extra courses. The immersiveness is awesome play a foursome and chat as you play is awesome. That's the only way I know how to describe it. The physics aren't as good as perfect golf but as good as the golf club. It definitely scratches that itch.

For those of you who quit real golf due to aches and pains this is easier to play then my phigolf with e6. The novice level is good to start with it allows everybody to shoot a decent round of golf and have a lot of fun without hearing moans from the other players if you're not a good golfer. I personally am not ready for the pro level I played amateur level a few times and definitely more difficult more slice and Dicing. I bought a golf grip for the Oculus controller and have not received it yet but will update on that I hear it takes some of the slice and dice and out of the higher levels of difficulty. This probably isn't for the professional golfer but would still be a blast at any level of play.

Hopefully it'll morph into an ogt type situation with tournaments and separate leaderboards. The chit chat while you're on the golf course and watching everybody swing and pot and chip is awesome is all I can say. For those of you who don't want to sell out the bucks without trying there is a 14-day return policy like at Walmart with electronics but you can also try out at some Best buys they have a setup to play. I'm not hooked up the discord part but look forward to finding the community for Oculus. But there's an in-game chat feature with just any normal headset with a microphone you plug it in and will be able to talk

#2 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 09 April 2022 - 08:32 PM

Aren't there only a couple courses though?

Or how is that part coming along?

#3 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 09 April 2022 - 10:32 PM

Aren't there only a couple courses though?

Or how is that part coming along?

They have a total of three courses presently. They partner with PGA to bring additional courses out in the coming months. The total immersion just makes an awesome game you can play turnbase or free for all on the same course.

the game is geared towards the masses and my limited play from novice to pro is a big difference.
  • Buck likes this

#4 Slattery

Slattery

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 09:36 AM

I too fully endorse golf+ on Oculus Quest 2. I purchased a quest last week and can't put it down. Golf+ is a great game. Includes Top Golf and Mini Putt.

• JTee1 likes this

Intel i7 4970K Devils Canyon CPU - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK Motherboard - MSI GeForce GTX2060 6GB Graphics Card - 256GB SSD - RAM 16GB - Windows 10 64 bit - Asus 4K PG27AQ Monitor - Xbox One Controller - NBN 100Mbps Connection (100/40)

#5 bgast1

bgast1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 07:12 PM

I keep waiting for new courses but they don't seem to be coming along. It is loads of fun though.

• JTee1 likes this

#6 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 03 May 2022 - 07:25 PM

I too fully endorse golf+ on Oculus Quest 2. I purchased a quest last week and can't put it down. Golf+ is a great game. Includes Top Golf and Mini Putt.

Cya On the greens JTee1

#7 Riddler

Riddler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationMesquite, Nevada

Posted 03 May 2022 - 11:03 PM

Is it difficult to get used to VR?  I have heard if you get motion sickness VR is not for you.  Any truth in that statement?  How much do the VR goggles cost?

#8 bgast1

bgast1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 04 May 2022 - 06:20 PM

I would suggest that you go to a store like Best Buy and try them out. I am afraid of heights and it even gets to me some times. I can usually only ride a roller coaster once. The second time I start to get a little motion sick, but not too bad.

#9 Riddler

Riddler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationMesquite, Nevada

Posted 05 May 2022 - 01:50 AM

You are better than me.  I get sick on a merry-go-round.

• JTee1 likes this

#10 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 20 May 2022 - 04:33 PM

I would suggest that you go to a store like Best Buy and try them out. I am afraid of heights and it even gets to me some times. I can usually only ride a roller coaster once. The second time I start to get a little motion sick, but not too bad.

Walmart has a 2 week return policy and so does golf +, I would buy and give it a thorough trial. I don't ride any rides due to motion sickness. I haven't experienced it in VR. . If you love golf it's better then any golf game I've played in 20 years.

JTee1 on golf +, cya on the greens.

#11 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 20 May 2022 - 04:37 PM

You are better than me.  I get sick on a merry-go-round.

Walmart has a 2 week return policy and so does golf +, I would buy and give it a thorough trial. I don't ride any rides due to motion sickness. I haven't experienced it in VR. . If you love golf it's better then any golf game I've played in 20 years.

JTee1 on golf +, cya on the greens.

#12 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 26 May 2022 - 11:30 AM

Golf5 eclub is also very good. Only two courses so far but in terms of graphics I prefer it to Golf+, being more realistic looking with more natural colours. Golf+ is a bit cartoony, with overly saturated colours and strange terrain.

Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#13 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 20 June 2022 - 08:51 AM

Add me,  kenny8691  btw you can unlock kiawah for free just go here www.golfplusvr.com/help?topic=incentives&subtopic=unlocking-kiawah

its a great experience and no motion sickness as ur not really in motion.  walkabout mini golf is also well worth a look for a bit of fun.

I bought mine mostly for racing sims and it blows me away using a wheel in VR on automobilista 2... so good.  ive given up flat screen gaming and finding the golf was a welcome bonus.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#14 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 21 June 2022 - 02:41 AM

Add me, kenny8691 btw you can unlock kiawah for free just go here www.golfplusvr.com/help?topic=incentives&subtopic=unlocking-kiawah
its a great experience and no motion sickness as ur not really in motion. walkabout mini golf is also well worth a look for a bit of fun.
I bought mine mostly for racing sims and it blows me away using a wheel in VR on automobilista 2... so good. ive given up flat screen gaming and finding the golf was a welcome bonus.

I have dipped back into sim racing as well with my Oculus. I enjoy it more now with the Oculus then I ever did with 3 panel setup.

#15 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 12:08 PM

Add me,  kenny8691  btw you can unlock kiawah for free just go here www.golfplusvr.com/help?topic=incentives&subtopic=unlocking-kiawah

its a great experience and no motion sickness as ur not really in motion.  walkabout mini golf is also well worth a look for a bit of fun.

I bought mine mostly for racing sims and it blows me away using a wheel in VR on automobilista 2... so good.  ive given up flat screen gaming and finding the golf was a welcome bonus.

I’ve tried VR simracing using my Oculus but it gives me bad motion sickness, so I’ve had to go back to a flat screen. I also play Automobilista 2, Assetto Corsa and F1 2021.

WWG1WGA

#16 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 05 August 2022 - 08:33 PM

https://www.oculus.c...f/?locale=ko_KR

#17 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 05 August 2022 - 08:35 PM

New links course for golf +.

#18 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 05 August 2022 - 08:37 PM

Golf5 eclub is also very good. Only two courses so far but in terms of graphics I prefer it to Golf+, being more realistic looking with more natural colours. Golf+ is a bit cartoony, with overly saturated colours and strange terrain.

Yea I've got golf 5 and exverience golf also. Prefer golf + due to overall game, seems to have more support overall, PGA backing etc. Golf 5 plays well overall also but lacks for me Exverience golf has some issues with depth perception for me.
The colors on golf + aren't as natural as egolf for sure.

#19 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 05 August 2022 - 08:57 PM

They gotta' dial back the colors a bit, no ?

That looks super cartoony

#20 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 07 August 2022 - 10:21 AM

They gotta' dial back the colors a bit, no ?

That looks super cartoony

I agree, which is why I play Golf5 eSports now. I’ve contacted the devs about the colour saturation and they have said that it might be adjustable in the future.

• Buck likes this
WWG1WGA

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users