#181 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 21 April 2023 - 11:53 PM

Hey Ted, how did you get that view where there is no avatar?  I would like to try it.  

I don't think motion swing at TP is more difficult than RTSM at TP.  Unless I am missing something there are no aids for RTSM at TP.  I played tournaments at PGLS for a short time but there was no point as it is basically all 3C players.  The majority of players use 3C at TP level and they still have arcade scores.  I took a screenshot of one leaderboard where the top ten were all 3C players with the winner coming in at -54 for four rounds.  10th place scored -32.   There used to be one player using RTSM at TP.  I played at Pro level and did manage one top 20. You could play 3C blindfolded by counting out loud.

I stopped using 3C back in 2000 when PGA 2000 introduced Trueswing.  Just an opinion but I don't understand why people still use 3C as it is so repetitive.  You do the same thing for every shot .  I also don't think that any cyber swing should have a meter as it would be similar to a pro taking a Trackman out on the course.  I have TW 08 installed on my old Win 7 PC and out of curiousity I checked out it's 3C and it is way faster than the one in PG.  I think one option to make 3C more interesting and produce more realistic scores is to vary the speed that the meter fills in.  In the real world the tempo of every swing is different.

• Buck and Ted_Ball like this

RTSM - Pro

#182 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 22 April 2023 - 03:02 AM

I used the 'free cam' (F something) to set the cam in a position near the dude's head slouis. Of course it had to be positioned every shot and was very fiddly.  A mod to default the cam there for each shot, together with disappearing the dude for putts (which once was an option in PG), would be wonderful.

LET US MOD!

That is horrifying that 3Cers dominated at PGLS and were scoring that low at TP.  It's little wonder RTS-M guys gave away playing PGLS tourneys.  It shows how difficult it would be for any golf game to be financially successful with only an RTS-M style swing. But I say to hell with financial.  Everyone wants to be a millionaire these days and they all lose sight of the real reason for a golf sim.

• JoeF, Buck and RobV like this

#183 scajjr29

scajjr29

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationNH, USA

Posted 23 April 2023 - 09:09 PM

Modding being done!  https://forums.opera...ty-discord.html

sam

Desktop- MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair Hydro H150i Pro cooler, 32Gb DDR4-3600, ASUS 6900XT LC Hybrid, Corsair MP600 1Tb PCIe 4 NVMe (x 2), 850 EVO 1Tb, Corsair 750Gb SSDs & Hitachi 3Tb HDD ,EVGA 1000PG PSU,Monoprice 27772 32" 4K HDR monitor x2,Windows 10 Pro x64, Salient Arch Linux

Laptop- Eluktronics (Clevo) P670RS-G  i7-6700HQ, 32Gb DDR4, 512Gb & 256Gb NVMe SSDs, GTX 1070 8Gb graphics, 17.3" 1080p G-Sync, Win 10 Pro x64,

XBox One X 1Tb w/2Tb external HDD, PS4 Pro 1Tb w/1Tb external HDD

#184 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 23 April 2023 - 09:11 PM

Modding being done!  https://forums.opera...ty-discord.html
sam

We are hoping to mod Perfect Golf, not EA PGA

Good to see modding perhaps possible on PGA though, for sure

#185 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 24 April 2023 - 12:18 AM

I used the 'free cam' (F something) to set the cam in a position near the dude's head slouis. Of course it had to be positioned every shot and was very fiddly.  A mod to default the cam there for each shot, together with disappearing the dude for putts (which once was an option in PG), would be wonderful.

LET US MOD!

That is horrifying that 3Cers dominated at PGLS and were scoring that low at TP.  It's little wonder RTS-M guys gave away playing PGLS tourneys.  It shows how difficult it would be for any golf game to be financially successful with only an RTS-M style swing. But I say to hell with financial.  Everyone wants to be a millionaire these days and they all lose sight of the real reason for a golf sim.

Tiger Woods PC for many years dominated by edgers and axis disablers.. tourneys mostly won by those same hacks. 

so horrifying. so scary..so creepy.  :huh:

#186 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 24 April 2023 - 03:06 AM

What's the trick to get -54 3Cing at TP?

#187 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 24 April 2023 - 03:27 AM

Ted's got questions and we need answer! anyone who's scored -54 3 clickin in a PGLS tourney needs to report please.

#188 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 24 April 2023 - 05:02 AM

an easy course with flat greens, and a lot of luck.

I think my best in the 10 years it's been out is -16.

fast play by yourself is key for me - don't think just hit.  10 sec a shot.

#189 clint

clint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 April 2023 - 10:24 PM

short question:

3-click with a mouse or keyboard?

clint

#190 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 25 April 2023 - 03:57 AM

short question:

clint

Yes, I believe there is now mouse support for 3 click.  

#191 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 25 April 2023 - 06:05 AM

short question:

clint

I think when they added 3-click, they got rid of the keyboard. (what I heard)

On this video, he shows the speed difference of easy/difficult about the 1:15 mark. Looks pretty decent to me.

Edit: It sounds like we need to use a controller for 3 click, even on PC. No mouse 3 click?. Maybe in the next patch?  <_<

AMD RYZEN 7800 X3D 

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#192 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 25 April 2023 - 06:30 AM

Looks like we can still play if we're not connected. That's good to know. We can't play "Career" mode offline, but to be honest, I never was into that...lol   I just want to turn off the commentary, and remove crowds, and I'm good to go.  :D  

AMD RYZEN 7800 X3D 

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#193 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 25 April 2023 - 10:12 AM

I like how there's a shifting power line for different length putts, PG could've used that.

It's getting better I guess, but it should've been there in the first place.

#194 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 26 April 2023 - 03:06 PM

I think when they added 3-click, they got rid of the keyboard. (what I heard)

On this video, he shows the speed difference of easy/difficult about the 1:15 mark. Looks pretty decent to me.

Edit: It sounds like we need to use a controller for 3 click, even on PC. No mouse 3 click?. Maybe in the next patch?  <_<

I don't know, jug..  I guess I am not seeing the speed differences... do you mean speed difference for each club or swing tempo?   I see the same exact tempo on the up swing and the down swing... just like PG.   I am sure you've played Links2k before, but to me, that is how the tempo should be... a steady speed up tempo, then a little quicker down tempo and click to hit your ball.   This meter looks way too easy to hit perfect power and snap.  

#195 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 26 April 2023 - 06:45 PM

I don't know, jug..  I guess I am not seeing the speed differences... do you mean speed difference for each club or swing tempo?   I see the same exact tempo on the up swing and the down swing... just like PG.   I am sure you've played Links2k before, but to me, that is how the tempo should be... a steady speed up tempo, then a little quicker down tempo and click to hit your ball.   This meter looks way too easy to hit perfect power and snap.  

Yeah,  the arcade speed would be way too easy. The "Hardest" difficulty looks decent, but I agree it still looks too easy to hit "perfects". He had a couple of misses that would have been in the other fairway in PG. EA needs to make it more punishing on misses and make the white lines narrower. A slower pace up, then a faster pace down would be cool, too.  B)

• Buck and RobV like this

AMD RYZEN 7800 X3D 

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#196 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 09 May 2023 - 09:27 AM

I watched a YouTube video by a reviewer who bagged the game unmercifully.  He kept saying 2K23 was better (without much conviction) so I happened to ask him if he'd played PG.

He replied that he had not and was surprised that it existed.  He also seemed surprised when I told him about the PG RTS-M and praised the course creator and the talented architects.

This is sad considering he said in the review that he'd played all the golf games over the years.  What the hell PP!

Anyway, maybe he'll do a review of PG at some point.

• Buck, sideshowbob, slouis and 1 other like this

#197 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 09 May 2023 - 12:14 PM

I'd watch it.  Doubtless he'll find it feature poor, but someone will tell him how small the dev team was, and what a good platform they had before selling us out.

PG was never marketed.  I'm pretty sure they nicked a tagline idea of mine ("Don't just play golf, play Perfect Golf") for the store page.  That said, the new EA game hasn't been reviewed by PC Gamer, so maybe golf games in general continue to be on the nose.

• Buck likes this

#198 GodZilla

GodZilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 10 May 2023 - 06:02 AM

this game doesn't allow you to play your way, or any shot. It's restricted golf.

• Buck likes this

#199 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 11 May 2023 - 12:54 AM

If anyone is shopping this...

The game is 40% off on Xbox Digital store right now

Disc versions are 30% off through Amazon & Best Buy also

Pretty quick trigger on a mega sale

I wonder if sales hit a cliff

• Jugador likes this

#200 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 11 May 2023 - 01:21 AM

$66 here.

Umm...nope!  They'll have to do better than that - like GamePass.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users