#61 Kimmer1947

Kimmer1947

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 20 January 2023 - 07:33 PM

Looks nice though, gotta give it that. 

As they say, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".  Respectfully disagree....looks similar to PGA 2023 to me.  IMO Perfect Golf still remains the best golf sim for appearance and game play.

A

#62 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 20 January 2023 - 08:31 PM

"Power Boost", "Spin Control" and "Big Hit"...  what's next remote control ball into the hole?   Ha!  

Looks nice though, gotta give it that. 

Lol....Power boost and spin control.  It looks very nice but sorry after six months of the same 30 courses it will get old and it's the same format as Tiger games they had before the more xp you get the better your golfer.  The fake spin and fake power boost is a complete loser for me but it will hold value in the arcade world.  At some point it will come down 30 bucks and I probably pick up at that time to try out but at 70 bucks they can keep without a course creator.

• RobV likes this

#63 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 21 January 2023 - 05:07 PM

Lol....Power boost and spin control.  It looks very nice but sorry after six months of the same 30 courses it will get old and it's the same format as Tiger games they had before the more xp you get the better your golfer.  The fake spin and fake power boost is a complete loser for me but it will hold value in the arcade world.  At some point it will come down 30 bucks and I probably pick up at that time to try out but at 70 bucks they can keep without a course creator.

One of the many reasons why I never got into the Tiger Woods line of golf games... silly spins and all that stuff while the ball is in the air or when it hits the green, spinning it closer to the hole.. just awful, silly arcade type of game play.   I experienced this with Rory and just could never get into it.  Maybe I just was never used to it and also never thought of even using those features...   Looks like all those features are back in this new game.   70 bucks?   This is EA you're talking about... throw in the Tiger Woods shirt, special spinning golf ball and early access, and you're talking $120!!  

• Greensboronclion likes this

#64 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 22 January 2023 - 05:03 AM

some more awesome news.. 3-24 $70.00

#65 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 22 January 2023 - 06:16 AM

Some serious old man yells at could vibes in here.

lol
  • Parboy likes this

#66 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 22 January 2023 - 04:41 PM

Some serious old man yells at could vibes in here.

lol

I know.. you've been "old man yelling" at the other golf game for years...  true story. 

• cajuncapgun likes this

#67 Parboy

Parboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • LocationKansas City MO by way of Santa Ana CA

Posted 23 January 2023 - 06:46 PM

Always a kick to come in here and see the 4 or 5 holdouts disagree. Pretty much the only action remaining.

• scajjr29 and Buck like this

#68 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 24 January 2023 - 06:13 AM

Look it's the type of game that if you buy for your Playstation or Xbox and are going to play on your 75 inch TV with friends drinking a few beers I could be a lot of fun.  Now as for the PC why would you buy a game that is more arcade than Sim and has limited value due to having 30 courses.  First no course designer will probably buy as it doesn't fit their need but hey what do I know.  To me if you hate PGA 2K your better off play PG on PC and buy EA game for console and when you have friends over for some fun.  With the gimmicks as before with spin and other things what value does it hold in the Sim world.  Just my 2 cents.

#69 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 24 January 2023 - 03:54 PM

This guy, who mostly plays golf games, did a nice break down of "some" game play and features of the game.   He was part of the selective few who got to sit in on the secret online presentation.. Again to me, the game looks nice and will have an immersive career mode.. 30 courses and I suppose there will be a charges for more to come, but still no course designer.  I think I saw the deluxe edition is $86 and you get some better clubs, cloths and "XP" points, whatever that is..  Basically, pay to win right out of the gate.. nothing unusual for games these days.   EA does this garbage all the time with their sports games.  

I'm still not convinced, so I guess I will be one of the "holdouts" that will wait until after release... 

• Jugador, Tigers Agent and Greensboronclion like this

#70 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 01 February 2023 - 06:17 AM

$99.99 a year for EA Pro. you receive the EA  library of games including PGA Tour a few days early. 

#71 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 04 February 2023 - 05:06 PM

Very cool!

This is looking very good for their future

Scottsdale and Sawgrass and early 2023

I really hope there's another headset coming that's something between the Quest 2 and the Pro (or the pro price comes down?)

I've had a Quest 2, two times now, and I just want more resolution and clarity when viewing things in the distance.  More resolution is needed for that.

Link to announcement:  https://www.pgatour....-golf-game.html

Note -- "exclusive VR golf game of the PGA Tour!"

And the investors list - wow!

"Golfers and other athletes who have joined GOLF+ as investors include Rory McIlroy, Jordan Spieth, World Golf Hall of Famer Ben Crenshaw, Tom Brady, Steph Curry and Mike

Trout."

I still think there's plenty of market room for both VR and 2D golf game experiences though

I know what you mean regarding the resolution of the Quest 2. At first I thought it was my eyes until I realised that’s what they’re like.

The new courses are very good though and a lot of fun when playing online against family members.

• Buck likes this
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#72 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 09 February 2023 - 10:36 PM

Some more questions asked and answered by Operation Sports staff

https://www.operatio...-team-gameplay/

• tanman05851 likes this

#73 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 15 February 2023 - 10:10 PM

Some more questions asked and answered by Operation Sports staff

https://www.operatio...-team-gameplay/

Quite disappointing that there are no partial shots in the game. That’s the most rewarding aspect of video golf, because it is difficult and takes a certain amount of skill. Perhaps I’ll buy PGA 2K23 at a bargain price instead.

• Tigers Agent likes this
WWG1WGA

#74 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 16 February 2023 - 09:42 AM

Quite disappointing that there are no partial shots in the game. 

You are referring to the fact that the aim marker determines the length of the swing.  Craig Penner says that 'distance control is disproportionately difficult when compared to the rest of the gameplay.'  I can see his point.

I find that the controller thumbstick is a horrible device for partial shots.  Sure it's a skill that people can attain through practice but what's the point?  What CP is saying is that for all other shots (excluding putting, I suppose) you take the full or close to full swing (in other words - to the limit of the swing gauge). The aim marker means that you will be taking a 'full' shot anyway - it's just that in the case of shots around the green the 'full' shot (in other words - to the limit of the swing gauge) will only show a limited arc of the swing gauge.

I think the point is that in real life we don't actually turn around to see how far we have taken our backswing and for chipping/pitching we simply pick a spot where we would like to land the ball. And let's face it - there are 20 different shot types.

It shouldn't BE a difficult exercise for straightforward shots but the more difficult shots (short-sided, over bunker, to a slope that makes the ball run past the hole) will have an inherent level of difficulty anyway so you wouldn't need a thumbstick adding to the problem.

Ian, I don't think the EA game's partial swing problem is enough to warrant buying PGA 2K23 - even at a discount.  (  :D  with apologies to Tiger's)

Anyway, I'm getting excited.  Let's hope multiplayer is done well.

• Buck and RobV like this

#75 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 17 February 2023 - 12:14 AM

no apology needed Ted.. at the very least I'm playing PC golf. be it good or bad.  ;)

• Ted_Ball likes this

#76 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 17 February 2023 - 10:51 PM

Some updates to the Q&A on features and what will be in/out, etc

Frustrating to not see CrossPlay, as I think the PC version will be at risk of being a ghost town if you can only play other PC users online.

https://www.ea.com/g...r-community-faq

#77 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 18 February 2023 - 02:36 AM

• "COMPETITIVE mode is ranked matchmaking to test your skills in numerous game types including 9 and 18 hole rounds."

Not quite ELO but it will do.

#78 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 18 February 2023 - 02:38 PM

You are referring to the fact that the aim marker determines the length of the swing.  Craig Penner says that 'distance control is disproportionately difficult when compared to the rest of the gameplay.'  I can see his point.

I find that the controller thumbstick is a horrible device for partial shots.  Sure it's a skill that people can attain through practice but what's the point?  What CP is saying is that for all other shots (excluding putting, I suppose) you take the full or close to full swing (in other words - to the limit of the swing gauge). The aim marker means that you will be taking a 'full' shot anyway - it's just that in the case of shots around the green the 'full' shot (in other words - to the limit of the swing gauge) will only show a limited arc of the swing gauge.

I think the point is that in real life we don't actually turn around to see how far we have taken our backswing and for chipping/pitching we simply pick a spot where we would like to land the ball. And let's face it - there are 20 different shot types.

It shouldn't BE a difficult exercise for straightforward shots but the more difficult shots (short-sided, over bunker, to a slope that makes the ball run past the hole) will have an inherent level of difficulty anyway so you wouldn't need a thumbstick adding to the problem.

Ian, I don't think the EA game's partial swing problem is enough to warrant buying PGA 2K23 - even at a discount.  (  :D  with apologies to Tiger's)

Anyway, I'm getting excited.  Let's hope multiplayer is done well.

Well Ted, I’ve gone ahead and ordered 2K23, only because it has a course designer, although I admit, it looks almost identical to 2K21. I had some credit at a game store so it cost me less than £10. 
I’ll see how EA’s offering shapes up before I decide whether I need another golf game. 

I’m playing Golf+ at the moment, which I think is fantastic. I’ve just received a controller adapter as a birthday gift, which adds another level of immersion. The devs are releasing Sawgrass soon to add to the every growing list of courses. They have many more courses planned as well as a course designer, although that might be a while.

• Ted_Ball likes this
WWG1WGA

#79 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 18 February 2023 - 09:57 PM

I’m playing Golf+ at the moment, which I think is fantastic. I’ve just received a controller adapter as a birthday gift, which adds another level of immersion. The devs are releasing Sawgrass soon to add to the every growing list of courses. They have many more courses planned as well as a course designer, although that might be a while.

I see this is coming out for PSVR2 (which I bought ... don't have yet ... next week)

I'll be excited to try it out

#80 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 19 February 2023 - 04:14 AM

I see this is coming out for PSVR2 (which I bought ... don't have yet ... next week)

I'll be excited to try it out

I’d be interested to see how you get on with it Buck. My Quest 2 was a birthday present just last year, so I won’t be upgrading for a while.

• Buck likes this
WWG1WGA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users