#101 GodZilla

GodZilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 31 March 2023 - 03:37 PM

this is what impresses me, at 16:22 look at how realistic the ball rolls on the fairway. https://youtu.be/G5_qgvmDicI

#102 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 31 March 2023 - 04:23 PM

I watched this official gameplay video yesterday and my goodness, the dial a distance is too comical.   Now mind you, I do believe the difficulty levels can be adjusted, but so what..  Players will be scoring -65 in no time. 

And yes it does look good, but its all about the gameplay for me...   The game can look amazing and have tons of bells and whistles, but if the gameplay is anything like Rory... good night!    I'm definitely holding out until I read some reviews.

• Jugador, Buck and Greensboronclion like this

#103 tanman05851

tanman05851

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationNorthEast Kingdom,Republic of Vermont

Posted 31 March 2023 - 09:09 PM

Windows 10 Pro -Intel 8th Gen Core i5-8400 Processor-ASRock Z370 Extreme4 Motherboard-Corsair DDR4 2666 MHZ(16GB)

Asus Geforce GTX 1060 6 GB Turbo Edition-Dell S3220DGF-3C-Logitech G502

Finally found a competitive AI "Phil Mucklebot" Aggressive Pro 3,3,3,3,3,5

#104 GodZilla

GodZilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 31 March 2023 - 11:46 PM

I watched this official gameplay video yesterday and my goodness, the dial a distance is too comical.   Now mind you, I do believe the difficulty levels can be adjusted, but so what..  Players will be scoring -65 in no time. 

And yes it does look good, but its all about the gameplay for me...   The game can look amazing and have tons of bells and whistles, but if the gameplay is anything like Rory... good night!    I'm definitely holding out until I read some reviews.

it's not really fair to call it dial a distance because there is a tempo meter and swing plain that you have to hit correctly, if not you go short or long, just saying. they are also playing pro difficulty. on simulation it will be less forgiving.

• RobV likes this

#105 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 01 April 2023 - 02:54 AM

this is what impresses me, at 16:22 look at how realistic the ball rolls on the fairway. 

Yeah, that was a realistic roll. I also like that the lidar is "30 times more dense than what you can purchase from the gov.".(16:30) The 3d grass looks pretty amazing, too.

AMD RYZEN 7800 X3D 

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#106 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 01 April 2023 - 06:20 AM

I'm having a hard time getting excited about going back to the EA way of aiming and executing the shots

It can be really tedious to spend so much time moving the little aiming arrow all over the place to "set power", and now they've tacked on and leaned into the somewhat gimmicky "shot types" (20 of them)

And worse - the putting looks the same as Rory, which had some of the worst putting in any golf game in the last 25 years

• RobV, Greensboronclion and IanK like this

#107 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 02 April 2023 - 03:25 AM

I can't believe if you hole out you will see stars coming from flag and the wording Eagle or whatever and the thought that they have brought the Heartbeat back from the old Tiger games is very unrealistic.  Graphics wise it looks better than 2K but to me the gameplay is looking a lot like Rory 1.1 and sorry but I don't trust EA to not pull that garbage again.  

• Buck and RobV like this

#108 GodZilla

GodZilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 02 April 2023 - 05:47 AM

I'm having a hard time getting excited about going back to the EA way of aiming and executing the shots

It can be really tedious to spend so much time moving the little aiming arrow all over the place to "set power", and now they've tacked on and leaned into the somewhat gimmicky "shot types" (20 of them)

And worse - the putting looks the same as Rory, which had some of the worst putting in any golf game in the last 25 years

don't know buck, it looks like TW13 putting meter.

#109 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 02 April 2023 - 10:03 PM

I agree Buck, I hate the aiming reticule and many shot types. We had a real time 1:1 swing in a game over 20 years ago. Why do devs insist on this nonsense. I want to create partial shots by reducing my swing length, open or closing my stance and club face etc.

This game looks like it has a canned shot type for every eventuality and I won’t be buying it. I’m quite happy designing and playing (without the aiming reticule) on 2K23 and online with Golf+ on VR. I think buyers of EA’s offering will think more fondly of 2K23 when they get their hands on the game, which doesn’t impress me one little bit.

Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#110 GodZilla

GodZilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 03 April 2023 - 08:28 AM

I agree Buck, I hate the aiming reticule and many shot types. We had a real time 1:1 swing in a game over 20 years ago. Why do devs insist on this nonsense. I want to create partial shots by reducing my swing length, open or closing my stance and club face etc.

This game looks like it has a canned shot type for every eventuality and I won’t be buying it. I’m quite happy designing and playing (without the aiming reticule) on 2K23 and online with Golf+ on VR. I think buyers of EA’s offering will think more fondly of 2K23 when they get their hands on the game, which doesn’t impress me one little bit.

from what I hear the pc might get rts with mouse. don't know for sure though, but the analog swing isn't why i want it.

#111 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 03 April 2023 - 10:47 AM

I know it's something I'll probably just have to accept eventually, but I heard it's an "always online to play" thing, even in solo mode. Hopefully not, because I really don't like that policy. 

AMD RYZEN 7800 X3D 

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#112 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 03 April 2023 - 03:56 PM

I know it's something I'll probably just have to accept eventually, but I heard it's an "always online to play" thing, even in solo mode. Hopefully not, because I really don't like that policy. 

2K23 definitely is but I don’t think EA’s game is always online judging by the fact that the download size is about 50gb.

WWG1WGA

#113 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 03 April 2023 - 04:12 PM

It has to be.. its technically not a stand alone game and you will need to download EA's new gaming app in order to run this.   So, in one way or another, you will be "online"...  in addition, I thought I saw something in the game itself where it said "connected" to something or another, but I could be wrong.  

#114 nick--

nick--

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 April 2023 - 08:51 PM

Hi Guys

Wow, haven't posted here in a while - real shame what happened to PG.....

Anyway - been looking forward to this, something I don't understand is - the Deluxe version, which is crazy expensive, it says you can get it early, this Tuesday, it also says you get early access to Augusta

Do they mean - you get early access to Augusta on Tuesday, and everyone else gets it on General Release Friday? or, are they holding back Augusta to a date in the future?

#115 LeazesNDR

LeazesNDR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationSmoggyland UK

Posted 03 April 2023 - 10:12 PM

Looks rather good to me... Time will tell how the gameplay holds up and whether or not EA can be arsed patching the game where it needs it though

#116 nick--

nick--

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 April 2023 - 10:20 PM

Looks like you can play this now via EA Play

#117 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 03 April 2023 - 10:46 PM

It's horrible (to me)

If you didn't like Rory, you won't like this

All focus on graphics and very little on gameplay

It's so so slow (the swing and feel to everything)

No mouse swing either -- not even 3C yet

They have a "keyboard swing" -- and let me tell you, it's the weirdest and most awful input method I've ever seen for a golf game -- bar none.

I have to think it's a placeholder until 3C is ready to go

• BSilvernail, RobV and IanK like this

#118 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 03 April 2023 - 11:22 PM

It's horrible (to me)

If you didn't like Rory, you won't like this

All focus on graphics and very little on gameplay

It's so so slow (the swing and feel to everything)

No mouse swing either -- not even 3C yet

They have a "keyboard swing" -- and let me tell you, it's the weirdest and most awful input method I've ever seen for a golf game -- bar none.

I have to think it's a placeholder until 3C is ready to go

Yes, I won’t be wasting my money on this rubbish!

• Buck likes this
WWG1WGA

#119 lefty1948

lefty1948

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 03 April 2023 - 11:27 PM

Agree with Buck! They should have finished PG!

PG is the best in my opinion!

• BSilvernail, Buck and RobV like this

#120 nick--

nick--

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 April 2023 - 11:37 PM

I'm enjoying it, the chipping/pitching is difficult as it doesn't seem to tell you the yardage your shot will go, and therefore it's hard to guage how much of a backswing to take

Augusta looks absolutely stunning

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users