#121 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 04 April 2023 - 01:07 AM

Augusta looks absolutely stunning

So many playing Augusta and posting videos on YT, I'm pretty much sick of that course...  haha     I get it, but geez..  Many are saying the ball physics are comparable to WGT..  I've never played WGT, so I have not sure what that means.. arcade? 

#122 nick--

nick--

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 April 2023 - 01:31 AM

No I can't really comment on the ball physics, it just seems good to me, no major complaints

I think playing all the courses is compelling because of the accuracy of the terrain - that's particularly pleasing with Augusta because of how much we've seen it on the TV - seeing the slopes and undulations accurately portrayed for yourself in such detail is a novelty despite how much coverage the course gets!

St Andrews has never looked this close to the original in any game I've played, all the slopes and undulations are captured in incredible detail

• RobV likes this

#123 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 04 April 2023 - 01:32 AM

St Andrews has never looked this close to the original in any game I've played, all the slopes and undulations are captured in incredible detail

Just don't expect to see it on a day that's windy and rainy

#124 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,587 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 04 April 2023 - 04:42 AM

I can't find where to turn off the cut scenes after a shot watching these reviews. FFS

In fact I've watched all of them looking for all the stuff I can turn off.

#125 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 04 April 2023 - 05:35 AM

Nope. Garbage

• Buck likes this

#126 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 04 April 2023 - 08:33 AM

Gameplay was a lot better when I turned off the meters

Still can't turn off putting meter, frustratingly

Still just not loving it.

I did no meters just now for 9 on Bandon with DJ and it's better, but it's just robotic golf on rails to me. I wasn't even aiming or doing anything with shot types -- it's almost not needed - just too dumbed down

I had one legit miss into some weeds -- and came out, with no aiming, 7' from pin .... just automagically I guess. (yes this is on the hardest of hard settings)

The pace of the whole experience is so slow and drags on and I just don't like it. It takes so long for everything -- and all the forced transitions and logo banners you have to watch -- and the shot reactions that are just pointless and you have to click to skip.. and click to advance, and click to swing... click...click..click.. 

It has zero "feel" in any shots

This isn't how I think of golf

The putting is probably the worst part. 
Nothing - nothing about that - has any feel or touch or resemblance to real life golf.
I also think the physics around cup interactions need a lot of work.

Maybe Perfect Golf mouse swing has ruined me.
I just feel so absolutely connected to everything, and such instant response and feel to everything.

Everything feels slow and sort of "honey covered" in EA PGA to me in comparison.

Beautiful graphics though -- truly

Prob going to save the rest of my PS5 demo time for, hopefully, post patch -- I have a couple more weeks on that initial EA Play month

• RobV, IanK and jt83 like this

#127 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 04 April 2023 - 08:34 AM

Lol.  Any more detail Ted?

#128 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 04 April 2023 - 10:01 AM

Well, we waited 6 to 12 months for this and I'm sitting here asking myself if I want to spend $100 on a brand new 2023 golf game and within 5 seconds I decide,   NO!

Grinding    (For what?)

Pay to Win    (Why?)

Really annoying post shot cut scenes of the dude congratulating himself for a so so shot  (Grow up)

Horrible unimmersive cameras    

Playing AI in tournaments  (Hell no)  or the old PG solo loneliness

Apparently there's lag on the swing start  (Horror)

I'm sure I would find many more annoyances if I had it.

The only way I might buy this is if you can set the difficulties to max. simulation  - AND attract players easily.

And if I have to listen to some idiot reviewer who can't edit and you have to listen to them for five minutes on a setup screen going, "Umm....what's this....Ummm.

• Buck, Greensboronclion and jt83 like this

#129 GodZilla

GodZilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 04 April 2023 - 10:56 AM

on PC they should be able to remove the putting meter and using mouse could be a different game from console, look at TW08 on PC.

#130 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 04 April 2023 - 12:51 PM

It just looks like something made mostly for console people.  You can't please everyone, even though the things we want as PC gamers really shouldn't be unachievable.

#131 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 04 April 2023 - 03:44 PM

The fools.

They've hired the bloke who did the TGC1 golfer with the hunchback and stumpy legs.  

stance.png

WTF ?!

And all the crap on the screen. Geeesuss

• Buck and Greensboronclion like this

#132 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 04 April 2023 - 03:49 PM

I had to tell a bloke on FB that I could have 27 to 32 ppr without grids in PG when he said it's never been possible to putt without grids in a game before.

PG rocks. When's Charlie Woods PG 2 coming out?  Let's get the buzz going.

But that goose Apex is banned

• Jugador likes this

#133 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 04 April 2023 - 04:26 PM

Well, thanks for trying the game and posting your 'review' here..  My suspicions were correct.. just another TW/Rory/EA clone with more and more bells and whistles..  do modern gamers really like all this crap?   Fill the screen with stats, icons, widgets and the like?   Yikes...  I would like to try it myself for the heck of it, but could not find the 10 hour trial.. then again, didn't try that hard to find it..  anyone have a link?  haha

EDit:  I found it..  4.99 to play for 10 hours?   I'll skip.. not that I'm cheap, I just do not want to bother signing up for a trial. 

• Buck, Greensboronclion and Ted_Ball like this

#134 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 04 April 2023 - 08:35 PM

on PC they should be able to remove the putting meter and using mouse could be a different game from console, look at TW08 on PC.

There is no mouse swing, just a "keyboard swing"

3C isn't in the game yet either (coming)

• Jugador and RobV like this

#135 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 04 April 2023 - 08:36 PM

Well, thanks for trying the game and posting your 'review' here..  My suspicions were correct.. just another TW/Rory/EA clone with more and more bells and whistles..  do modern gamers really like all this crap?   Fill the screen with stats, icons, widgets and the like?   Yikes...  I would like to try it myself for the heck of it, but could not find the 10 hour trial.. then again, didn't try that hard to find it..  anyone have a link?  haha

EDit:  I found it..  4.99 to play for 10 hours?   I'll skip.. not that I'm cheap, I just do not want to bother signing up for a trial. 

Don't bother

It needs a bunch of patching still

Maybe pick it up on a big sale in a few months 

• RobV likes this

#136 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 05 April 2023 - 07:14 AM

At this point Perfect Golf is still your best golf game by a long way.

In my opinion PG is 8/10. (Even the graphics hold up).

EA is 5/10 - if that.

If I could be bothered I'll do a comparison list of the features. PG has had great features THAT THEY TOOK OUT!!!!

What is it with people?

• Buck likes this

#137 LeazesNDR

LeazesNDR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationSmoggyland UK

Posted 05 April 2023 - 10:39 PM

I thought it was totally crap at first but it's growing on me. When you start to get skill points and learn a few things about it, it's orite, not great at the moment, just orite. Needs a few things patching though. Perfect Golfs RTS with this game would have been awesome.

#138 bgast1

bgast1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 06 April 2023 - 01:24 AM

What are the controls for PC? If you have to use a controller, does anyone know what the best controller will be to use?

#139 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 06 April 2023 - 04:24 PM

What are the controls for PC? If you have to use a controller, does anyone know what the best controller will be to use?

Any controller you feel comfortable with... there are too many to just pick one.   Controllers are like your mouse for PC, whatever one feels right in your hand, comfort, performance,  etc etc etc.  

#140 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 07 April 2023 - 02:48 AM

I'm considering buying the PC version and have asked the opinion of someone who pre-ordered it.  I have been an avid golfer for over 40 years and the prime consideration for me is the realism.  I am not concerned about features like a career mode and would hope that you have the option for a non tournament atmosphere where there are no galleries or structures like stands.  I have yet to see any galleries that even look half realistic.

I bought 2k21 after it was discounted at a price of $20 CAD and played it for less than 200 hours mainly multiplayer.  It had to be the worst golf game I had bought in years.  From what I know and read about 2K23 it isn't much better and is more of an update than a new version.

I'll wait until my friend gives me his opinions plus I've asked him some specific questions such as can you pick specific holes on a course to play etc.  I don't bother with the reviews on You Tube as I suspect most of the reviewers have never played the real game.

On a related subject I just returned from a trip to the UK and walked St. Andrews on a Sunday when it becomes a public park where you can even walk your dog.  It certainly is at the other end of spectrum compared to the pristine manicured North American courses like Augusta.  The greens look slower than the ones at the course I volunteer at but those double ones are huge!  They were excavating beside the Royal R & A so they must be expanding it's facilities.   Had the obligatory picture taken on the bridge of the 18th.   On a positive note, the fish and chips at Cromar's in St. Andrews were outstanding.

• JoeF, RobV and Ted_Ball like this

RTSM - Pro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users