#1 TheLighterDark

TheLighterDark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, AR

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:21 PM

I'm on an RHCP kick right now. Californication holds a special place in my heart, and I'm in love with this live version of it. 

TheLighterDark / "William" / University of Arkansas, Fayetteville / 21

Toshiba Satellite S855 / Windows 8 64-bit / Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz / 8.00 GB RAM

n2o7ldH.png

"All the world on one arrow..." - Ashe, The Frost Archer, League of Legends.

#2 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:34 PM

Big Alter Bridge fan and eagerly awaiting their 4th studio album, which is currently in production. One particular song of theirs I can listen to over and over is 'Watch Over You' and especially love the acoustic versions Myles Kennedy does at the live concerts.

;)

• highfade likes this

#3 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:46 PM

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=zpkVt9XTdtg

The Cult - Ciao Baby (Edie)

Hopefully going to see their new Electric Tour

How do you attach the video?

#4 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:50 PM

I'm on an RHCP kick right now. Californication holds a special place in my heart, and I'm in love with this live version of it.

Absolutely love 'road trippin'....not sure why other than I set it to a crappy film I made of my mate surfing some years back. My film also included 'ezy rider' (Hendrix) and 'gimme shelter' (stones).....2 other tracks I love!

#5 TheLighterDark

TheLighterDark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:50 PM

I just copy/pasted the hyperlink (purple) and it automatically inserted it for me.

Daz, I really like that first one. I'll have to check them out. ;)

Toshiba Satellite S855 / Windows 8 64-bit / Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz / 8.00 GB RAM

n2o7ldH.png

#6 TheLighterDark

TheLighterDark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:51 PM

Absolutely love 'road trippin'....not sure why other than I set it to a crappy film I made of my mate surfing some years back. My film also included 'ezy rider' (Hendrix) and 'gimme shelter' (stones).....2 other trams I love!

I may only be twenty-one years old, but me and you are going to get along just fine.

• Davefevs likes this

n2o7ldH.png

#7 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:58 PM

I just copy/pasted the hyperlink (purple) and it automatically inserted it for me.

Daz, I really like that first one. I'll have to check them out. ;)

Albums:-

One Day Remains

Blackbird

AB III

;)

#8 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:13 PM

I may only be twenty-one years old, but me and you are going to get along just fine.

Don't rub it in!!

Wasnt massively into music as a kid....too much cricket and football, and my bruv playing his stuff drowned out any of my 'LPs' (!!!!). So my bruv's stuff started to rub off on me.....The Who, The Jam etc.

Then I bought my first car and got into 'Appetite for Destruction' GnR and it went from there. Aerosmith, The Cult, RHCPs. Got a bit 1970s for a while and started listening to Bowie and bruv got me into Hendrix, Floyd and ACDC to get me back on track!

My miss hates my musical taste!

#9 TheLighterDark

TheLighterDark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:18 PM

Don't rub it in!!

Wasnt massively into music as a kid....too much cricket and football, and my bruv playing his stuff drowned out any of my 'LPs' (!!!!). So my bruv's stuff started to rub off on me.....The Who, The Jam etc.

Then I bought my first car and got into 'Appetite for Destruction' GnR and it went from there. Aerosmith, The Cult, RHCPs. Got a bit 1970s for a while and started listening to Bowie and bruv got me into Hendrix, Floyd and ACDC to get me back on track!

My miss hates my musical taste!

Very cool! Music is probably my life's biggest passion. I've been playing drums for almost a decade now, and was raised on The Beatles since fifth or sixth grade. 

Right now I'm more into the Indie scene of the past ten years, but a lot of those bands have a special place in my heart. 

n2o7ldH.png

#10 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:25 PM

My bruv was a drummer too.....I've got no rhythm.....but then again he couldn't play footie!!

The Beatles - they come from a great city, eh @daz!!!

#11 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

@daz - didnt realise that Myles Kennedy was from Alter Bridge. Planet Rock play STARLIGHT with Slash all the time.
  • Dazmaniac likes this

#12 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:53 PM

I tend to like acoustic stuff, and Emmy The Great still is one of my favourites, when I'm not listening to Punk or Trance or other stuff!

No drums in this one........... but two of my favourite early songs

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#13 Chris Perry

Chris Perry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:25 AM

Holy crap I saw this topic and felt compelled to put an AlterBridge song and damned if someone beat me to it already...

Words Darker than their Wings - love the trading of vocals as opposed to Tremonti just singing background. I hope they try this more on the new album.

I also got Mark's solo album and have been listening to it start to finish. Heavier and faster than AB or Creed but still catchy and melodic. Great stuff.
  • Dazmaniac likes this

#14 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:28 AM

Well, I'm utterly unashamed for being not edgy at all and defiantly am posting this. Sends chills down my spine every time, seeing as the singer already appears rather thin and bony... a portent of the nearing end.

R.I.P Karen "The Voice" Carpenter, who tragically fell silent way too soon.

• Jimbo63, Fairwayman and cajuncapgun like this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#15 FixAmer1st

FixAmer1st

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationSun City Center, FL

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:08 PM

I agree K11.  Way, way too soon.

Jerry

Links Golf
CPU_Match_Play_Tour.jpg
CPU_Director_2013.jpg
Administrator of KISS Tours

Dell XPS Desktop
4th Generation Intel Core i7-4790 @ 4.0 GHz
16 GB DDR3 Memory
Win7 64 bit Home Premium
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 4GB
1TB SATA HardDrive

#16 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:28 PM

Holy crap I saw this topic and felt compelled to put an AlterBridge song and damned if someone beat me to it already...

Words Darker than their Wings - love the trading of vocals as opposed to Tremonti just singing background. I hope they try this more on the new album.

I also got Mark's solo album and have been listening to it start to finish. Heavier and faster than AB or Creed but still catchy and melodic. Great stuff.

Chris,

Mark's All I Was album is brilliant. I love the AB stuff, but don't mind something with a heavier slant to it. I'm assuming that the 4th AB album currently being worked on may see a few heavier sounding songs, especially after Mark's solo outing and the fact Myles does guest vocals with Slash too.

Also, AB's drummer - Scott Phillips - had a bit of side project going on whilst AB were on some down time, with the band Projected.

#17 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

@daz - didnt realise that Myles Kennedy was from Alter Bridge. Planet Rock play STARLIGHT with Slash all the time.

Dave,

Oh yes. Alter Bridge are effectively Creed, with Myles replacing Scott Stapp on vocals. as much as I like Creed (and have all their albums) I prefer the vocals of Myles any da of the week and Alter Bridge are probably my go to band of the moment.

Also have both of Slash's albums, and especially like Apocalyptic Love, which was the one with Myles doing all vocal duties.

;)

• Davefevs likes this

#18 Guest_Nemesis_*

Guest_Nemesis_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:45 PM

I'm still loving the 70's.  My old cruz'n song.

• cajuncapgun and balaceanca81 like this

#19 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:25 AM

I came across this on YouTube today. I've become more a fan of songwriters and their songs as I've gotten older, and there is none better than Townes van Zandt. This live performance from '98 by Lyle Lovett may well be the definitive version of this Townes classic.

• Perculator likes this

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#20 Keith

Keith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:49 PM

Pretty much anything off the new album by The National..listening as I type as a matter of fact. The new Bowie, Vampire Weekend, and Daft Punk albums are also in heavy rotation at this time.  '13 has been a very good yr. for music so far.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users