#41 Jimbobh

Jimbobh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:13 AM

Well, somehow I fixed it by resetting the view to default.

Now I can zoom in quite easily and also if I turn the scroll wheel one notch it doesn't jump like 300 meters.

I would also recommend saving your terrain "Raw" height map every so often in case something happens. There is nothing like doing a bunch of sculpting and losing it all, (been there, done that.) Lost 2 hard drives due to hard drive failures in the past year. luckily I had backed up most of everything. 

• NoPutt likes this

Gigabyte ga-z68x-ud3h-b3 Motherboard

Intel Core i5-2400 CPU@3.1GHz 3.70GHz

GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
16GB Ram   (2)G.Skill Ripjaws F3-10666L9S-8GBXL
Windows 7 Home Premium

#42 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:21 AM

Thanks Shimonko that is what I needed to know.

Now for my next question which surely won't
be my last.

I have searched so I am not just asking willy nilly.

I notice K11 moving quickly forward and backward
over his course, I can pan and tilt, but I use my
scroll to move forward which is very slow. How do
I move forward quickly?

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#43 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:33 AM

By using the W,A,S & D keys along with the right mouse button. Holding down shift as well speeds it up even more.
  • NoPutt likes this

#44 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:13 AM

Thanks Shimonko, you have been very gracious
with your expedient assistance.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#45 LasseThid

LasseThid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationMölndal, Sweden

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:53 AM

By using the W,A,S & D keys along with the right mouse button. Holding down shift as well speeds it up even more.

Thanks Shimonko. I thought there was a way of doing that, but couldn't remember how to do it.

Mobo: Asus Sabertooth P67 CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H60 RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR 3 1600 MHz 8GB GPU: MSI GeForce 970 GTX Gaming 4G Sound: Creative Soundblaster Extreme Gamer SSD: OCZ Agility 3 64GB HDD: 1x 2TB, 1x 1TB, 1x 320 GB Western Digital PSU: Corsair CX 600W Chassi: Thermaltake Aguila

#46 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:06 PM

Here I am stumped once again. I'm starting to get comfortable

painting textures and sculpting the terrain, and having a blast learning

from you guys, and I realize that I must extinguish all my efforts before

poking you for answers and I've done so in this case.

So I have an area for a teebox and raised it a few meters, now

how do I insure that the top of the teebox is flat?

#47 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:29 PM

Here's a hint, heavily loaded with fierce innuendo about the virtues of typing the words Unity3D, Terrain, Brush and Height into Google:

click here!

Height tool, second from the left. Use shift click to set the height at the tip of your cursor, then paint with it to apply the chosen height to any area you want.

There's a Unity Manual in the column of the link I posted, with a rather important section about terrain stuff. Perhaps a bookmark would be in order?

• NoPutt likes this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#48 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:03 PM

K11, You are so sarcastically good to me. That link is exactly what I read

before posting as I have the Unity manual bookmarked as you suggest.

Besides, your down to earth explanations are much clearer than the manual, and I

see that you take great joy in providing me the proper search tools

and links highlighted with exceedingly fun high visibility colors.

Thanks once again for your jabbing enlightenment.

#49 LasseThid

LasseThid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationMölndal, Sweden

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:11 PM

NoPutt: If you have time, go to www.udemy.com and search for Unity3d Concepts.

It's a free video course for Unity and they have some great tips for new Unity users, they also have a Unity3d Environmental Series for free.

Mobo: Asus Sabertooth P67 CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H60 RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR 3 1600 MHz 8GB GPU: MSI GeForce 970 GTX Gaming 4G Sound: Creative Soundblaster Extreme Gamer SSD: OCZ Agility 3 64GB HDD: 1x 2TB, 1x 1TB, 1x 320 GB Western Digital PSU: Corsair CX 600W Chassi: Thermaltake Aguila

#50 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 09 February 2015 - 08:09 PM

Thanks Thid, I know about the udemy Vids and Searches,

but K11 wouldn't get to load me with fierce innuendo if I

didn't pop in and ask questions now and again.

#51 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:26 PM

I've lost the blue aura around my paintbrush etc.. I've

adjusted brush size and opacity. All the tools work,

just no blue anymore. Any help would be appreciated.

#52 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:37 PM

I deleted Unity and did a fresh install hoping that would

alleviate the problem. No dice. Maybe it's a bug with 4.6.2f1

but I can't find any errors in the log. Moving and painting terrain is next to impossible without

the blue. Should I try another version?

#53 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:56 PM

Sorry, I really don't know what would cause this. Size and Opacity have no effect on the visibility of the brush, btw.

I'm using 4.5,btw - early adopting is for chumps, imo, everything is always buggy and wonky when it gets published nowadays, so I tend to delay updates of every version of every app for as long as possible.

A quick Google search offered this possible solution (without any guarantee for salvation, mind you): In your terrain settings, reduce the Base Map distance. There was a Unity Bug that caused it to unblue the brush, but it should have been dealt with by now. Not sure this helps. Ask Google for additional inspiration if it does not.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#54 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:11 PM

I'm using 4.6.2f1 so it's not a bug there.

Things like this often turn out to be graphic driver issues, as much as I hate to say, "install the latest drivers".

One thing that does remove the blue is if the terrain collider box in the terrain properties is unchecked. But then sculpting wouldn't work at all and you mentioned it is, plus creating a new terrain would fix it.

#55 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:04 PM

1. Changed Base map distance = no change

2. Updated Drivers = no change

3. Deleted Unity 4.6.2f1

4. Installed Unity 4.5 = no change

5. Created new Terrain = The blue is back

6. Thanks

#56 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:17 PM

I recall this happening to me, but I simply exited Unity and re-opened and all was fine. Strange how it seemed to totally go for you...?

#57 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:39 PM

Luckily I'm only practicing and getting familiar with Unity.

I tried going to default and exiting to no avail.

When I do get going I'll be sure to export the

raw files and backup projects and scenes regularly.

How often should one SAVE? I know in the APCD

that SAVE was usually one click to late.

#58 Jimbobh

Jimbobh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:35 PM

I would save quite often if your doing a lot of work per session. I would also save a copy on an external hard drive. I lost 2 hard drives due to "Hard Drive failures" Luckily I had backed up most of my stuff, but not ALL of it.  Nothing worse than re-doing hours or work.

Gigabyte ga-z68x-ud3h-b3 Motherboard

Intel Core i5-2400 CPU@3.1GHz 3.70GHz

GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
16GB Ram   (2)G.Skill Ripjaws F3-10666L9S-8GBXL
Windows 7 Home Premium

#59 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:17 PM

I echo the above comments. I too had a HD failure over the months of testing with the CF. I did several backups anyway due to the nature of 'testing' but it's always wise to do so. There will be times when you create something using the CF, that you may discover a quicker way too. Those moments are only learned when 'hands on' but you can find by going backwards, it saves you time.

#60 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:18 PM

Thanks guys, will do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users