#41 dedBuNNy

dedBuNNy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 18 February 2015 - 03:29 PM

ClubForge will come right after ForgeForge is completed - a special app dedicated to designing design apps. It will be published on CrapForge, aka Steam.

OMG! Hater Alert !!! :ph34r:

Guess if you really want to make stuff for the game, and CF isn't around.. Just do it the slow way, submit to PP, that the way we'd have to do it?

What about making other things Clubs, carts, clothing etc... Who's making that stuff? Can we make it and submit?  If so, can you send file requirements?  ;) 

M Swing  //   N Assists

#42 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:00 PM

On the off chance that you just asked me your last question, and did not address it to "you" in general: No, dead rodent, I do not have any file requirements for you. I'm not part of the PP team, ask them.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#43 dedBuNNy

dedBuNNy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:05 PM

On the off chance that you just asked me your last question, and did not address it to "you" in general: No, dead rodent, I do not have any file requirements for you. I'm not part of the PP team, ask them.

:( .....

No that was directed to PP...

M Swing  //   N Assists

#44 Stephen Sullivan

Stephen Sullivan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • LocationWorksop, Nottinghamshire

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:16 PM

Who seem very quiet on the whole CF front  :unsure:

Posted Image

#45 Brucey Mc

Brucey Mc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationTeesside, UK #UTB

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:28 PM

"Listen, don't mention the Course Forge! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right."

No offence meant! - apologies for the odd colours too

#46 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:42 PM

I'm sensing hostility in this thread, calm down people.  Listen I want to design something as well but until they fix a couple things they are not going to hand out anymore beta's or bring out an updated CF. Getting the game out is more important than the course forge, if you have no game WTH good is course forge?

• Mike Jones likes this
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#47 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:50 PM

I do agree.. there should be no cause for alarm or hostility. Nothing has changed... so there is no new or bad information. The issue is with the game and solely that...  I do realise last year Mike said they may look into adding more into the CF group for further developments, but they also said they were concentrating on the game side of things. For me, that's where it is... it's not where I'd like it, but it is what it is..

#48 dedBuNNy

dedBuNNy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:57 PM

I'm sensing hostility in this thread, calm down people.  Listen I want to design something as well but until they fix a couple things they are not going to hand out anymore beta's or bring out an updated CF. Getting the game out is more important than the course forge, if you have no game WTH good is course forge?

Well, pick up ZBrush, Maya, xNormal and start workin' on avatar's...   :D 

Only problem with that is once you start working with ZBrush, it's three months later and people start to wonder where you've been. 

M Swing  //   N Assists

#49 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:09 PM

I think the fear is that as Unity keeps on pushing forwards, the Course Forge may never manage to keep up with the pace. Problem after problem with future 'free version' compatibility will then keep delaying the release and the Course Forge will just end up as a dev tool used to turn out DLC.

Hopefully this depressing scenario is far from what will actually happen in the coming months.

• Stephen Sullivan likes this
life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#50 Bruce R

Bruce R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:41 PM

I haven't been onsite because I have been busy last few weeks putting the Delhi GC together for the Hero Indian Open, What I have to work with may be a little archiech by todays standards, but it is tried and tested over many years now, I still have a ton to learn to make courses here, when CF is ready, it will be available because the powers that be are 100% confident that what we will be working with will be a complete package, simplyfied enough for even dummies like myself to understand with a bit of help from the community to build good solid courses that are pleasing to the eye, but above all realistic and playable under all conditions.

CGX Bruce R

#51 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 11:01 AM

^^^ This.

Right now it's pretty obvious the focus is core game dev support as if it doesn't fly CF will be redundant. As we are a small team we have to balance when and why things get worked upon.

We still create our courses with year old version of CourseForge because it's good and stable, never ever crashes for me. We build all our courses for broadcast and game with it so really do we need more testers at this point? Not really but we want to open up CF to a new bunch or people who are going to give it a go and we have been identifying the people who are most likely to have the skills to enjoy it and help us develop it further when the time comes.

If the roadmap for game release is 3-5 months down the line, we also know that CF has to be producing courses with unity indie at that point. So CF will be getting it's time in the sun soon as it's my baby and I love my baby and want it to grow up fit and strong so bear with us for a while. 

• Jimbo63, Richard, Stephen Sullivan and 7 others like this

#52 Brucey Mc

Brucey Mc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationTeesside, UK #UTB

Posted 19 February 2015 - 11:03 AM

Good news Mike thanks

#53 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 11:04 AM

Thank you, Mike

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#54 Stephen Sullivan

Stephen Sullivan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:12 PM

Cool beans Mike  :)   Not sure I have the skills for it having looked at Unity several times and not really liked it ( Even APCD seems easy in comparison  :wacko:  )

Posted Image

#55 dedBuNNy

dedBuNNy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:46 PM

I do have one question for MJ, not sure if you've mentioned this or not. Are you using Unity 5 beta or still 4.6?

Just because you mentioned CF being groomed for it, I'm curious if you're actually using it in 5 now.

M Swing  //   N Assists

#56 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:49 PM

Thanks Mike for chiming in, game play is core. There will always be the opportunity to build courses because it can be done with the version you have already. I can do it with Unity now but I am not sure how far I can actually go in Unity besides just importing my lidar data so I am holding off for now.

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

#57 Stephen Sullivan

Stephen Sullivan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:57 PM

Thanks Mike for chiming in, game play is core. 

As it stands, without a horizontal motion swing there is nothing in PG for me at the moment  :(

Posted Image

#58 Jimbo63

Jimbo63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationManchester, England

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:12 PM

Cool beans Mike  :)   Not sure I have the skills for it having looked at Unity several times and not really liked it ( Even APCD seems easy in comparison  :wacko:  )

After designing just one course with the APCD I have to say that is is much more complex than the Course Architect for TW2008 IMO. So if you can design courses with the APCD, I feel sure that you will be able to do the same with CF and Unity. The only thing in Unity that I cannot  quite understand  at the moment is scripting and I do not think that we will need to do much (I hope). Many thanks for the update Mike.

#59 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:42 PM

As it stands, without a horizontal motion swing there is nothing in PG for me at the moment  :(

I'm a horizontal player as well but I am not unreasonable..lol, game play is good enough that I can at least live with vertical for the moment.

• Stephen Sullivan likes this
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

#60 Stephen Sullivan

Stephen Sullivan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:58 PM

I'm a horizontal player as well but I am not unreasonable..lol, game play is good enough that I can at least live with vertical for the moment.

Unfortunately Joe, I can't. I have never been a fan of click and only tried RTS as a challenge when it first came out, but it isn't for me.

As it stands, I think the motion swing is too reliant on a prescribed tempo, instead of allowing the player to develop their own.

I must be weird though, as I have alwys enjoyed using APCD  ;)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users