#1 Mwh65

Mwh65

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 10:48 PM

Hi everyone,

I would like to announce that PGLS (Perfect Golf Ladder System) is now open ...

http://pgls.golfladders.co.uk

We currently have ...

5 ladders ...

PGLS 9 (Individual Stroke Play)

PGLS 18 (Individual Stroke Play)

Match 9 (Individual Match Play)

Match 18 (Individual Match Play)

Alternate 9 team ladder (Pairings played using the Alternate shot format in either Stroke or Match play).

All ladder matches are automatically recorded to the ladders. Games are made using createAgame ...

createagame_trans.png© PGLS 2017

and random games can be created to save time.

7 Tournies ...

PGA 9 (Weekly)

PGA 18 (Weekly)

Stableford 9 (Weekly)

Hazard 9 (Weekly)

Tough Stuff 9 (Weekly)

PairUp 9 (Team play - Every 2 weeks)

PGLS Open (Monthly)

The PGA 9, PGA 18, Stableford 9 and PGLS Open tournies are included in the Player Stats.

These are separated into 4 levels of play ... Hacker, Amateur, Pro and Tour Pro.

There is also a games Arcade and a chat room for registered players to arrange matches with other registered players.

I've been asked how much is it to take part. Well it is absolutely FREE and always will be.

Please take a look at our website and join in the fun at the friendliest fan site bar none ...

Last updated: 6th April 2017

• Biffa and Golfman454ss like this

PGLS - Free for all players of Perfect Golf

http://pgls.golfladd.../pgls_intro.php

#2 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:31 PM

Good luck with this. I hope you have many players looking to play and having fun.

• Biffa, Mwh65, Golfman454ss and 1 other like this

#3 Mwh65

Mwh65

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:07 AM

Thank you Mike.

WGTLS has been running for 6 years now and would like to think PGLS will last just as long. All the best for future developments at PG.

• Biffa and Golfman454ss like this

#4 Biffa

Biffa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:57 AM

I have been a member on WGTLS since 2009 and have had many hours of fun playing rounds of golf from players all around the globe,hopefully this will happen on PGLS too.Apart from the tournaments and ladders already up and running there will be a weekly knockout tournament coming soon which is played on a Sunday evening starting at 19.00 GMT and running until theres a winner,this is very popular and has ran successfully for 6 years on WGTLS. There has also been annual Ryder cup matches which have brought some real good players from the USA going head to head with players from the ROW (Rest of the world) there has been some great ding dong matches and hopefully this too can be continued on PGLS. As mentioned by op PGLS is in its infancy but hopefully it can grow and bring many hours of competition and fun to all Perfect Golf Ladder Site members playing on Perfect Golf.

If anyone has any questions or would like to know more or need any assistance go to http://pgls.golfladders.co.uk

Happy hitting all.

• Golfman454ss likes this

#5 Golfman454ss

Golfman454ss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationDelavan, Wi

Posted 17 February 2015 - 03:48 PM

Wgtls was and is a gr8 seccess, I have been a member since May 2010 and hope to see Pgls do the same. Well done.

• Biffa likes this

#6 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:26 PM

Anything else out there yet...?

Not a Ladder guy...

#7 Mwh65

Mwh65

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:18 PM

PGLS also currently has PGA 9 and PGA 18 tournies plus a "Hazard Golf" tourney is being written as we speak.

PGA 9 (weekly) and PGA 18 (every 2 weeks) are played over 4 rounds with different courses / conditions per round.

#8 Ricky Proffer

Ricky Proffer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • LocationTyler, Texas

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:29 PM

How do you verify your tourney rounds?  Playing with another player?

I am already on a ladder with a great group of guys but interested in the 9 and 18 hole tourney rounds.

Thanks!

ASUS  G571JY Gaming Laptop

i7-4720HQ 2.59 GHz

GeForce GTX 980M

16 GB RAM

WIndows 10 64 bit

#9 Mwh65

Mwh65

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:31 PM

Yes you can play with  2 other players by creating a timestamp which prevents multiple rounds. A screenshot is then required to verify the scores and are placed in the appropriate forum. Scores are then added by a PGLS staff  member.

#10 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:22 AM

Thanks for details...

Any others out there playing 18 holes?

#11 Biffa

Biffa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:53 AM

Yep will be doing 18 in PGA18 later today, I know 18 holes can be a bit long but in 2 or 3 balls its not so bad.

#12 Mwh65

Mwh65

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:56 PM

I would to announce that the Guilds Open team ladder is now up and running.

Each team can currently contain 10 players with each team being run by a Captain and Vice captain. Guilds captains can upload their own team logo and chat room icon plus match stats coming out of your ears. As at this time Alternate shot Match play isn't available but the Guilds Open is already setup for this when it is finally released.

I have updated my first post to include the Guilds Open ladder.

#13 mbidney

mbidney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:52 PM

Let us know when a ladder opens for non aids users.

#14 Mwh65

Mwh65

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:35 PM

PGLS is open to ALL players of Perfect Golf with or without the use of player aids. We do not discriminate.

You can easily request that no aids are used in a match or stay away. 

• Barry, Golfman454ss, Ricky Proffer and 1 other like this

#15 Golfman454ss

Golfman454ss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationDelavan, Wi

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:38 PM

PGLS is open to ALL players of Perfect Golf with or without the use of player aids. We do not discriminate.

Well spoken Mark....lol

#16 mbidney

mbidney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:24 PM

Well isn't this a rankings site?  People will be ranked basis how they compete?

#17 Mwh65

Mwh65

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:11 PM

Yes it is a ranking site. However whether or not you use the player aids is totally irrelevant as far as anything available at PGLS is concerned. To come on here and ask me to let you know when we have a "No aids" ladder is insulting to all the players who still use them and the fact you are telling us you don't use them does not impress me at all nor anyone else for that matter.

• Barry, scoops100, ✠ davef ✠ and 3 others like this

#18 mbidney

mbidney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 03:24 AM

Yes it is a ranking site. However whether or not you use the player aids is totally irrelevant as far as anything available at PGLS is concerned. To come on here and ask me to let you know when we have a "No aids" ladder is insulting to all the players who still use them and the fact you are telling us you don't use them does not impress me at all nor anyone else for that matter.

Sorry I was not trying to impress or insult you or the people that you play with.   Just trying to find a place that has people who play the same way that I do.  Obviously it is not at PGLS.

With regard to things being relevant, I am not sure how any sort of rankings could be relevant at all without being connected to how easy or difficult the game plays for a person.  In fact because of that  it would make the rankings completely irrelevant.

But thanks for showing the community who you are and what your site is all about.

• Tigers Agent, Perculator and Justin9926 like this

#19 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:33 AM

Nothing at all wrong with a ladder that allows you to play at any level. It's just a bit of fun after all while the game is in Early Access.

I'm sure in time an elite ladder will come along for people who want to play with no aids etc but in my experience the vast majority of people don't play golf games like that so a ladder that is open to all is a good thing IMO. Golf itself is based around the idea that people of unequal skill can have fun competing together. 

• Fairwayman, ✠ davef ✠, Mwh65 and 2 others like this

#20 mbidney

mbidney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:32 PM

Nothing at all wrong with a ladder that allows you to play at any level. It's just a bit of fun after all while the game is in Early Access.

I'm sure in time an elite ladder will come along for people who want to play with no aids etc but in my experience the vast majority of people don't play golf games like that so a ladder that is open to all is a good thing IMO. Golf itself is based around the idea that people of unequal skill can have fun competing together. 

I agree with everything you said Mike.

I only asked about a no aids, or elite ladder so I can be compared to people who play at the most difficult level the game has to offer.  Not really any point IMO to participate in a rankings system where I am ranked below someone using max aids when the reason they are shooting -15 isn't greater skill, but greater help.

Again, I only expect few who ever play this game to agree with this philospohy.  But looking for a place or tour for us "few."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users