90 replies to this topic

#61 Sup?

Sup?

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 02:21 AM

Thanks Mimic, I did what you said, I still cannot see any tourneys in game under public.

#62 Barry

Barry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationNorth London

Posted 03 August 2016 - 01:17 PM

Thanks Mimic, I did what you said, I still cannot see any tourneys in game under public.

Have you put the correct steam ID in your profile

#63 MimicPS

MimicPS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 09:02 PM

Sup,

You have a Private Message, and you should now be able to see the tour events and begin playing.

Mike

MiMiC

PGLS Moderator

#64 Sup?

Sup?

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 09:05 PM

Thanks!  All is good!

#65 MimicPS

MimicPS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 10:35 AM

With the PGLS PGA9 and PGA18 events finished for this fortnightly rotation, PGLS would like to encourage members to come along to the site's Meet & Greet chat area - http://pgls.golfladders.co.uk/forums/ajaxchat.php - wearing their Guild team icon and get some alternative play underway in our first Guilds Play Day.

These semi-official days will happen every time there is less on offer in the shape of Tour rounds, and are a particular day when Guilds team play is positively encouraged.

We presently have 5 active teams on our ladder and others are shortly getting their Guild careers underway. Matches are available in all Team formats, along with full matchmaking facilities such as randomized choices of conditions and venue.

Our newest Guild to sign-up is looking for members and welcomes anyone interested. The "Treasure Seekers" are a carousing group of brigands and privateers who will look to challenge anyone to steal their precious booty, particularly when playing at their preferred level of Amateur. Contact Seasider - http://pgls.golfladders.co.uk/forums/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=173 - and invites to the team will be sent out.

Guild play is not only restricted to these semi-official days, but can be played whenever you get two members of any team together. To find opponents, come along to the Meet & Greet on PGLS to make your presence known. Players are also encouraged to make use of the Teamspeak facilities at Gatekeeper's Perfect Golf server - 68.148.66.113 - where PGLS has Meet & Greet and game room areas specially set aside for Guild play.

The PGLS site will shortly be carrying a viewer to show who is presently active in the Teamspeak server, bringing the two methods of finding games closer together. We would like to also encourage Teamspeak users to log-in at our Meet & Greet - http://pgls.golfladders.co.uk/forums/ajaxchat.php - to make themselves open to the widest possible opportunities for matchmaking.

Enjoy your 'teamers'......

Mike

MiMiC

PGLS Moderator

• Crow357 likes this

#66 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 06:47 PM

PGLS (the site) is growing in numbers and one of those factors is the quick and easy pick-up for Match 9 competitions.  The Pro ladder has about 12 players and I am able to find a new match most every day.

We can use the site to find a ladder match or when you are at PG/Steam chat room you can PM another PGLS member on your friends list who is Pro or AM and ask them if they would like to play a Match. Posting the results is easy and keeps track of the courses played, scores and sudden death rounds.

Join the fun at PGLS: Perfect Golf Ladder System

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#67 Mwh65

Mwh65

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 06:41 PM

PGLS is currently experiencing an extended outage.

We have been informed that it should be back up and running within 2 hours.

PGLS - Free for all players of Perfect Golf

http://pgls.golfladd.../pgls_intro.php

#68 MimicPS

MimicPS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 10:23 PM

I am happy to be able to tell you that the PGLS site is now back operational.

Our hosting company unfortunately suffered a major power outage and recovery from this took longer than expected.

We will be ready to begin the events for this week at the normal time - Midnight GMT Thursday into Friday.

The PGLS Open event is now available to continue play.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Mike

MiMiC

PGLS Admin Team

#69 MimicPS

MimicPS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:19 AM

As from this week (events starting Thursday midnight GMT into Friday) PGLS is happy to announce that we have introduced two further levels of play, adding Hacker and Tour Pro to our previous Pro and Amateur levels of play.

Players are able to compete in mutiplayer rounds in the same event alongside other skill levels, with your own level of play assessed through our Tour Stroke Average and Player Average statistical breakdown. This moves the players of higher ability up the ability groups, earning them more Order of Merit points through their skills on the course, whilst preserving as much as possible a competition where we seek to allow all levels of ability to compete on as level a playing field as possible.

New and returning members are welcome to come and take a look around. Introduce yourself to members in our Meet & Greet chatroom and members or admin staff will happily give you a tour of what is available not only on the tour events, but also our 'all-ability' ladders and matchplay events which use the same assigned levels of play to bring all abilities into one competition.

Join the fun at PGLS: Perfect Golf Ladder System

• Perculator likes this

#70 Perculator

Perculator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 10:36 AM

Just like to send a big thanks to Mike and Mark for all the hard work they do over there at PGLS. So .... thanks guys.

Perc

• BionicWolf, Fairwayman, MimicPS and 1 other like this

i5-4670K | GeForce GTX 970 4GB | 16GB DDR3 RAM | Windows 10 64 bit.

#71 MimicPS

MimicPS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 02:47 PM

Hi to all,

All members and new players are invited to sign-up now for the Sunday Night Knockout Matchplay event.

The event will be played at whatever level you currently have assigned as your level of play, bringing both Amateur and Pro players together to battle it out.

The event is open for sign-up now at tourney_ko_details.php

Details for the event, on what looks like a fine evening in leafy England are as follows:

Game Filter : Match
Game Type : Individual Match Play
Course: Middleton Hall
Holes: Front 9
Tees: Championship
Pins: Easy
Firmness: Soft
StimpMeter: 14
Wind: Breezy
Gimmies: 2 foot
Auto-Gimm.: Off
Mulligans: No

Players gather in the Meet & Greet Chatroom before making their way to the It's A Knockout Lounge.

Hope to see you there.

Mike

MiMiC

• Skeggy47 likes this

#72 Perculator

Perculator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 04:42 PM

For anyone thinking of joining PGLS, stop thinking and do it :). Great bunch of guys and the admins rock! If you are interested in tonight's KO tourney, just stop on over and they will make sure you are fixed up and ready for the tourney. Lot's of great tourneys and the site is very fast. Check it out at .... http://pgls.golfladders.co.uk

Perc

• Skeggy47 likes this

#73 Mwh65

Mwh65

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 08:34 AM

PGLS Tournies will all start on time at midnight tonight (GMT) as per usual.

Players can already pair up with other players of a different level and have been able to do so for weeks. No game update required.

Join in the fun.

http://pgls.golfladders.co.uk

• Perculator and Skeggy47 like this

#74 Mwh65

Mwh65

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 03:57 PM

For players in the USA this means you can start playing our tournies from anywhere between 4pm (PST) and 7pm (EST) today.

Players may find the following page useful in determining when our tournies start compared to where you live in the USA ...

http://pgls.golfladd...worldclocks.php

• Skeggy47 likes this

#75 JoeBradley

JoeBradley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 04:32 PM

For players in the USA this means you can start playing our tournies from anywhere between 4pm (PST) and 7pm (EST) today.

Players may find the following page useful in determining when our tournies start compared to where you live in the USA ...

http://pgls.golfladd...worldclocks.php

• Skeggy47 likes this

#76 Skeggy47

Skeggy47

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 01:56 AM

I have been playing at PGLS for some time now and enjoy every aspect of it. The indroduction of all level tournaments and ladders as very much incressed my enjoyment. I have friends who play at all lvls of the game and I can now play alongside them whatever lvl they are set to play, It also means I am no longer having to wait in meet & greet for a player at my level to enjoy a ladder game.

The new leaderboards that are colour coded and show what level a player is set for very simple to use but at the same time gives me the information i need about the rounds i have played. My overiding aim is to improve my game in order to get more enjoyment and the comprehensive archives gives me all the information I could ask for..

I would like to thank Mark (Mwh65), Mike (Mimic) and Biffa (Les) for all the hard work they put into the site that give us the members so much enjoyment. If you have not tried it yet please do and look out for myself in the meet and greet. We are a friendly lot.

• Perculator likes this

#77 MimicPS

MimicPS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 11:32 AM

Hi to all,

All members, both new and more 'seasoned', are invited to sign-up now for the Sunday Night Knockout Matchplay event.

The event will be played at whatever level you currently have assigned as your level of play, bringing Amateur, Pro and Tour Pro players together to battle it out.

The event is open for sign-up now at http://pgls.golfladd..._ko_details.php

Details for the event, on what looks like a fine evening at a Championship course in Texas are as follows:

Game Filter : Match
Game Type : Individual Match Play
Course: Kissing Tree
Holes: Front 9
Tees: Championship
Pins: Medium / Realistic greens
Firmness: Normal
StimpMeter: 12
Wind: Breezy
Gimmies: 2 foot
Auto-Gimm.: Off
Mulligans: No

Players gather in the Meet & Greet Chatroom before making their way to the It's A Knockout Lounge.

Hope to see you there.

Mike

MiMiC

• Perculator likes this

#78 MimicPS

MimicPS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 09:54 AM

PGLS NEWS - CHRISTMAS SCHEDULE - PENALTY STROKES NOW ACTIVE

Hi at all and all good wishes for the Christmas season,

A few of items of news for this week.

The Schedule of events will run as normal, with events beginning at midnight GMT (EST -5) on Thursday 22nd December into Friday 23rd December. Events will have their usual duration of six days. New events will be available on the usual days next week. We realize that Christmas is a busy time for all with family and travelling, so don't feel obliged to drag yourself away from the festivities, but at the same time, know we are here should you wish for a calm round in amongst your otherwise hectic schedules.

We will try to have support around for players as much as we can, but in case of finding no-one available in the Meet & Greet area or online in Steam, the best way to contact us is via the admin email at admin@golfladders.co.uk which will be monitored and issues addressed as quickly as can be managed.

PENALTY STROKES INTRODUCED - ALL NEW EVENTS TO BE ACTIVE

We are now introducing automatic penalty strokes which are added to a player scorecard when the game is closed when not with the ball at 'address'. This has been monitored through our data collection over past weeks and is not being widely abused, but has been happening enough for us to want to make sure all scoring on our site is as transparent as possible. The penalty strokes incurred will now be totalled and added to strokecards, producing an overall score including penalties. Players will receive a Private Message which details where the stroke was incurred.

The process of adding the strokes is fully automatic, and depends on data that we can gain from your ball position at any point during the round. Should you wish to appeal against any penalty assessed, we would need screenshot or video evidence for any correction to be considered, and the level of proof required to reverse a penalty assessment will be high.

We will continue to monitor the use of penalty strokes to ensure that they are working correctly, and also to keep an eye on their continued use. If we feel we need to be more pro-active in making sure that the fairness of competition is not being compromised, we will consider raising the level of penalty, both for single and multiple uses.

IT'S A KNOCKOUT MATCHPLAY - MONDAY 26th DECEMBER 8PM GMT (3PM EST)

The It's a Knockout Matchplay will move this week from its usual Sunday spot to Monday (Boxing Day).

Along with this change is a new way of playing the event.

This new method means you will no longer have to set up the matchplay rounds yourself, presenting you with the settings all ready to play.

Firstly, players will Sign-in to show their intention to play at http://pgls.golfladd..._ko_details.php as normal. This can be done from the moment you see the event listed at the top of the Meet & Greet area.

A little before 8PM, all competitors gather in the Meet & Greet chat area prior to the match draw at 8PM sharp.

Once the draw is made, players will now find the "KO Tourney" set up as an event in their TOURNAMENTS area, alongside other tour events. 

The first player in the match will enter the event as they would a tour round and then invite their opponent into the round. It is set for two players, with all the parameters of the matchplay, and will not start without two players present.

You then play through the match, which is scored within the match and the leaderboard in matchplay format, and the progress of your match along with all of those being played at the same time are shown in the leaderboard available in the icons within the game. 

The match will show as finished once a result is reached, and sudden death playoffs will trigger automatically when the match is level after nine holes.

Once the match is complete, you will receive a PM to confirm the result, and you progress through to the next 'bracket' of the matchplay draw where you can face your next opponent when they have finished their match.

To arrange your next match, you return to the Meet & Greet area and contact your next opponent.

As always, the It's a Knockout Matchplay is played out over the course of the whole event on the one night with the winner being crowned after what is usually around three rounds of play.

Hope to see you on the course over the holidays, but regardless, may I wish you all on behalf of PGLS a very Happy Christmas and New Year and all best wishes for 2017.

Mike

MiMiC

PGLS Admin Team - Moderator

• Perculator likes this

#79 MimicPS

MimicPS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 04:38 PM

Tourney Name: New years hangover blast Level:  Pro  Start Date/Time (GMT): January 01, 2017 20:00:00 GMT Tourney Type: Single Elimination (On the night)

Course Details: garyplayercc.png

Game Filter : Match
Game Type : Individual Match Play
Course: Gary Player CC Holes: Back 9 Download / Info Click here Tees: Championship Pins: Medium Fairway firmness: Hard Green firmness: Soft Green quality: Perfect StimpMeter: 13 Wind: Gusty Gimmies: Off Auto-Gimm.: Off Mulligans: No

#80 Perculator

Perculator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 04:59 PM

Good deal! Happy New Year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users