28 replies to this topic

#1 coolhandlooker

coolhandlooker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationBangkok Thailand

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:58 PM

Today EA have finally anounced they are pulling  the plug on their ageing game TWO.Official close date 6th June. I for one have made many friends over the years  and will miss the community spirit its  made. I think  we all , especially the  ex Two players need to get everyone onboard registered with this game and give this site full attention. The EA group forums will be awash of stunned players wondering where to go next. Give them this web link to enrol. The only problem now is what are we going to do for the next 5-6 mths, any chance this will be brought forward?, I cant wait for this to all start  and it appears superb.

• TheDon_1945 and ☠InDaSkies☠ like this

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:56 PM

Thanks for the kind comments.  With our new site we are planning much more regular updates.

• Dazmaniac, TheDon_1945 and ☠InDaSkies☠ like this

#3 McRussia

McRussia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationDublin, Ireland

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:15 AM

My sentiments totally go along with coolhandlooker, I have many many friends within TWO, I run 2 Groups there, who are inundating me with where to go next.  I have been giving them this site for the past 5 months, but they all stuck with what they knew "best".  I knew TWO12 was going to stop, but no-one would listen, however, I ask the same question, have you a date for Launch, I ask so I can pass it on.  I thought you guys were ready to go around July/August.  Now is the time to go, cash in from the fall-out from EA.

I hope and pray that this concept, succeeds, where others have failed.

Dave (McRussia) 

• ☠InDaSkies☠ likes this

#4 T Bone

T Bone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:10 AM

Like Coolhand and McRussia, I have been with TWOnilne since their Beta days and have to say I am hopeful Perfect Golf does in fact come to the PC.  I remember Mike Jones' designs from the Links days and am happy to see him among the founders who can bring PC golf to a new level.  I realize that the PC platform is not ready yet, but I have hopes that it's not too far off.  As this thread indicates, the EA shutdown for PC will leave a vacuum and I'm wondering if this team is even ready to begin active recruiting?

If so, please let me know while the forums are still active in TWOnline.... since I just discovered this site today and have no official information it would be premature for me to make any announcements over there.

Feel free to contact me if I can help in any way.  Good luck!

Tbone

• ☠InDaSkies☠ and sstoz like this
Tony

Intel Core i5-2320 @3.2 GHz
Win 10 64 bit, Nvidia GTX 660

#5 stozza

stozza

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationBathurst,NSW Australia

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:42 AM

the same goes here as the above people. Hi Dave good to see you here to. The game videos I have seen look great and by the looks of it leaves EA for dead. Hope to see a launch date soon because it seems I will have some free time after the 6/6/2013. Good luck Perfect Golf hopefully this gets off the ground soon and by the way I'm spreading the word as well.

• ☠InDaSkies☠ and sstoz like this

#6 chrisjpr

chrisjpr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:32 PM

Hi Tbone and Terry. Over the next few weeks Ex TWO players will be turning up in droves with a keen eye on the possible release or beta for this golf game.  I for one will be watching and waiting with anticipation.  As far as subscribing is concerned, the money is waiting.  Good luck in producing the game soon.

• ☠InDaSkies☠ likes this

#7 TiAnO

TiAnO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:16 PM

Nice to see some of the "Old Guard" from TWO-beta-days here allready. I have just arrived here, but I too would like to offer my support, especially in testing, if necessary.

• ☠InDaSkies☠ likes this

Still proud to be a member of PGA-Tour-Group in TWO and very much looking forward to finding something like that here!

#8 AuroraGolfNut

AuroraGolfNut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:41 PM

Hi Tbone, Terry, Chris  I as above have been playing two since beta days (4years) and look forward to playing this game when it's launched!

• ☠InDaSkies☠ likes this

#9 chrisgiz

chrisgiz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationWarwickshire, UK

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:26 PM

A big hello to all the "ex" TWO players.

As has been said before, the people who played and organised TWO made the game what it was.

I hope they all join here because their ideas will enhance this project when it starts.

Cannot wait to meet up with you all again.

chrisgiz (British Lions admin)

• ☠InDaSkies☠ likes this

#10 ☠InDaSkies☠

☠InDaSkies☠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • LocationCedar Lake Indiana

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:37 PM

I to am a member of TWO since the beta days and couldn't believe they were closing it down. But I have to say this looks like it will blow TWO out of the water. This is the perfect time to get a new golf game lunched with everyone from TWO looking for a place to go. I will definitely let my friends know about this. I'm sure there will be some humps and bumps along the way but these guy's look like they got an awesome vision for this game. I will give my full support and get the word out. congratulations to Perfect Parallel I think you guy's are on to something HUGE!!!
  • ChickenLittle99 and ☠InDaSkies☠ like this

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.
Silverstone ST1500 1500W ATX
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Editon
4x Kingston Digital HyperX Fury 240GB SSD Sata III HD's In Raid 0
1 TB HD for storage
Asus Rog Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly Motherboard
4x16GB Corsair Dominator Series Memory
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.700.0 MHz Overlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151
Zalman Reserator XT External Water Cooling System GPU & CPU
1x LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray Burner
1x LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray Player
HP ZR 30" Monitor 2560x1600 Resolution

#11 ChickenLittle99

ChickenLittle99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem,Nc

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:13 PM

Chicken here, and I cant wait for this KILLER GAME to be released... I'm boy cotting TWO this month and hope everyone from TWO comes over to PP.

Going to be a LONG 6 months waiting on this game to come out.

TY PP for developing this game

Chicken  :D  :D  :D

• ☠InDaSkies☠ likes this

#12 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

I would say that this project seems to be gaining a healthy following from both the TWO side and the Links 2003 side and also folks drifting in from WGT and JN.

With a community make up like this, it can only be good for the project. I'm sure as Perfect Golf is developed it will take on board all the best bits of each of the above titles and hopefully turn out to be the golf game we have always yearned for.

Just waiting on Course Forge now to get the ball rolling and then I can only see the project heading onward and upward.

:D

• ☠InDaSkies☠ likes this

#13 welshie06

welshie06

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSouth Wales,United Kingdom

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:00 PM

Well nice to see some recognised users from TWO here.I am really looking forward to this game getting off the ground and then playing some more rounds and tournaments with me mates from Grannies..Good to see you here guys.Look forward to hearing more on this agenda...

• ☠InDaSkies☠ likes this

#14 Bob1527

Bob1527

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:33 AM

Finally signed up today,been checking site out for a couple of months,expecting TW to switch off and so looking for alternative...hopeful that this will be it.

• ☠InDaSkies☠ likes this

#15 Sala

Sala

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:03 PM

Hi all hopethis gets goin sooner rather than later gl with the project guys looks awesome :D

• ☠InDaSkies☠ and DUNKLBJ like this

#16 ahamedajju

ahamedajju

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationBangaluru, India

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:25 PM

it is very nice see my good friends here from TWO ,i totally agree with ya guys  :)

• ☠InDaSkies☠ likes this

#17 ☠InDaSkies☠

☠InDaSkies☠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • LocationCedar Lake Indiana

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:30 PM

I keep posting in TW forum about this and they keep removing my post. Hey lets all spread the word so this can come true.

• coolhandlooker and ☠InDaSkies☠ like this

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.
Silverstone ST1500 1500W ATX
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Editon
4x Kingston Digital HyperX Fury 240GB SSD Sata III HD's In Raid 0
1 TB HD for storage
Asus Rog Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly Motherboard
4x16GB Corsair Dominator Series Memory
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.700.0 MHz Overlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151
Zalman Reserator XT External Water Cooling System GPU & CPU
1x LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray Burner
1x LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray Player
HP ZR 30" Monitor 2560x1600 Resolution

#18 Major

Major

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:10 AM

Hello to you all from TWO as well as the rest of the golfers here looking for a better and more reliable golfing experience. I too, have met a few golfing  friends and enjoy playing online, than anything else. We've had some great times playing alternate shot (4) players, wishing we could've have at least 6 players there. PP, do consider a 6 person or more for alternate shot if possible. Looking foward to PP Golf.

• ☠InDaSkies☠ likes this

#19 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:58 AM

Wow, lots of TWO expats... Dibs on the TWO "Stoners Club" group name. Got a dozen old pals who promised me we would meet again here.

• ☠InDaSkies☠ likes this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#20 golfcart03

golfcart03

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationDesert Southwest, USA

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

Hi Everyone:  It's great to see many of the players from TWO that I know coming over to this new game.  I'm really looking forward to the release of of this new golf game and continuing to playing golf with old friends.   Hope to see all of my friends on this site soon.

Make it a super day.

golfcart03

Granny Clark's Hoes, Glyns Golfers, Dunks TW12

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users