#21 Mick-S

Mick-S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationDevon.u.k / born London

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:07 PM

still don`t understand why some were allowed to download and not others.

#22 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:46 PM

That's a lot of assumptions to squeeze into one post Acrilix  :lol:

#23 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:30 PM

That's a lot of assumptions to squeeze into one post Acrilix  :lol:

Assumptions are all we can make at the moment!  ;)

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#24 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:56 PM

You can tell a lot about different people's perspectives by looking at the assumptions they make.

• oZZeus likes this

#25 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:44 PM

Just a heads up for our potential designers.

The guys seem to be making progress and getting the downloads area ready for business. Whilst the downloads of the Terrain Importer and Course Forge are not yet active, I did notice that the Terrain Importer (both 32Bit and 64Bit) states that you will require Windows Vista minimum, so any Windows XP users will not have the bonus of using this tool.

;)

#26 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

The guys seem to be making progress and getting the downloads area ready for business. Whilst the downloads of the Terrain Importer and Course Forge are not yet active, I did notice that the Terrain Importer (both 32Bit and 64Bit) states that you will require Windows Vista minimum, so any Windows XP users will not have the bonus of using this tool.

;)

That was why there was an operating system poll a few weeks back. I think it was even mentioned then about XP.

#27 Keith

Keith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:18 PM

;)

Rats..I am out in the cold for the time being.  I am a patient guy and will hang in there until I can afford some minor upgrades.  Will look fwd. to reading impressions here from those that use Course Forge. 

#28 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:52 PM

Rats..I am out in the cold for the time being.  I am a patient guy and will hang in there until I can afford some minor upgrades.  Will look fwd. to reading impressions here from those that use Course Forge. 

You should still be able to use the Course Forge, but if you are a Win XP user, it's just the Terrain Importer that you won't be able to make use of.

;)

#29 FixAmer1st

FixAmer1st

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationSun City Center, FL

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:40 AM

I'm in the same boat WKD. I have XP and plan to stay with it for a long time. Just ask Rehit over at apcd.com. XP is a good version of Windows and he still runs it.

I guess I'll just sit back and see what happens. I doubt that I'll upgrade my computer for a golf game though.

Jerry

Links Golf
CPU_Match_Play_Tour.jpg
CPU_Director_2013.jpg
Administrator of KISS Tours

Dell XPS Desktop
4th Generation Intel Core i7-4790 @ 4.0 GHz
16 GB DDR3 Memory
Win7 64 bit Home Premium
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 4GB
1TB SATA HardDrive

#30 Keith

Keith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:33 AM

I'm in the same boat WKD. I have XP and plan to stay with it for a long time. Just ask Rehit over at apcd.com. XP is a good version of Windows and he still runs it.

I guess I'll just sit back and see what happens. I doubt that I'll upgrade my computer for a golf game though.

Jerry

Tough call for sure.  XP is still a great OS without a doubt.  Like you I plan to sit tight for now and wait for the smoke to clear. 

#31 John Griffin

John Griffin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:28 PM

Noticed the same thing about the minimum Vista requirement listed in the descriptions.  My desktop is still XP, although I'm seriously thinking about an upgrade of CPU/GPU/RAM to handle Unity better - not to mention my sons are wanting to run some games that are starting to exceed the current system.  Would probably go to Win7 with an upgrade.

But I just picked up a used laptop with Win7, so for now I could use that for the Terrain Importer Tool (careful with that acronym :P ) and then port files back over to the desktop - the laptop doesn't have a good GPU.

#32 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:09 PM

Waiting patiently...

I admire your patience. ;)

#33 FixAmer1st

FixAmer1st

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationSun City Center, FL

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:44 PM

But I just picked up a used laptop with Win7, so for now I could use that for the Terrain Importer Tool (careful with that acronym :P ) and then port files back over to the desktop - the laptop doesn't have a good GPU.

That's a good idea John. I'll have to look into that myself.

Jerry

Links Golf
CPU_Match_Play_Tour.jpg
CPU_Director_2013.jpg
Administrator of KISS Tours

Dell XPS Desktop
4th Generation Intel Core i7-4790 @ 4.0 GHz
16 GB DDR3 Memory
Win7 64 bit Home Premium
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 4GB
1TB SATA HardDrive

1 user(s) are reading this topic