#1 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:19 PM

A good few weeks ago, AJ posted that we would soon seen some video footage of Perfect Golf in action, with the possibility of a full hole being played.

Any updates as to when we may see the footage, or is this something else being added to the 'soon' shelf?

;)

• Kablammo11 likes this

#2 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:53 PM

Be nice to see something.

#3 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:03 PM

This is the translation method I have learned to use: 

days = weeks

weeks = months

soon = not soon 

:P

• Kablammo11 likes this

#4 TheLighterDark

TheLighterDark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, AR

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:06 PM

I'd say it will be at least September before we see any real footage of it. 

TheLighterDark / "William" / University of Arkansas, Fayetteville / 21

Toshiba Satellite S855 / Windows 8 64-bit / Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz / 8.00 GB RAM

n2o7ldH.png

"All the world on one arrow..." - Ashe, The Frost Archer, League of Legends.

#5 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:11 PM

• egl1219 and Davefevs like this

#6 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:15 PM

Push, push, push.....followed by slice, followed by duck hook!
  • egl1219 likes this

#7 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:16 PM

I'd say it will be at least September before we see any real footage of it. 

Hope you're wrong, lol.

I don't want a BETA of the game, just the footage AJ said would be made available, as he had also confirmed that shots had actually been hit inside the Perfect Golf environment (albeit only with the click swing-meter), hence the offering of the video of the game in action.

;)

#8 TheLighterDark

TheLighterDark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:21 PM

Hope you're wrong, lol.

I don't want a BETA of the game, just the footage AJ said would be made available, as he had also confirmed that shots had actually been hit inside the Perfect Golf environment (albeit only with the click swing-meter), hence the offering of the video of the game in action.

;)

Hey, keep your hopes low and you're never disappointed. 

Toshiba Satellite S855 / Windows 8 64-bit / Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz / 8.00 GB RAM

n2o7ldH.png

#9 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:58 PM

I'm still willing to give PP the benefit of the doubt.  However, the failed Kickstarter venture did not inspire much confidence.  Since then, I've gotten the impression that they're 'making it up as they go.'   Not much we can do about it.

#10 Sinewiz

Sinewiz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationMichigan U.S.A.

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:12 PM

I'm still willing to give PP the benefit of the doubt.  However, the failed Kickstarter venture did not inspire much confidence.  Since then, I've gotten the impression that they're 'making it up as they go.'   Not much we can do about it.

I'm not sure the kickstarter was a failure. They had in excess of $30,000 pledged which is a pretty good chunk of cash for a brand new and virtually unknown game. The kickstarter failed because in my mind a completly unrealistic figure was asked for. I'm sure they learned a valuable lesson.

Lakes of Taylor Golf Course

Links at Gateway Golf Club

#11 Forestman

Forestman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:55 AM

I'm not sure the kickstarter was a failure. They had in excess of $30,000 pledged which is a pretty good chunk of cash for a brand new and virtually unknown game. The kickstarter failed because in my mind a completly unrealistic figure was asked for. I'm sure they learned a valuable lesson.

I agree, the figure they wanted was huge.  

Please support PERFECT GOLF on STEAM --CLICK ON THE LINK TO SUPPORT: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=116796801&searchtext=golf

#12 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:31 AM

Now that TWO is gone, it seems like there will be a bit of more pressure to PP. Guys, we have a bit of a timeline. I'm sure there is a video already, but I'm also sure they missed the snap by a mile and didn't want to show it cause all you see on the 2nd shot is dirt :D :D

I don't care about all that. I'm waiting for Winter and then hopefully for an alpha or better beta. Who really cares about a video? All it would do is way more pressure as every1 will think: "Oh a video that shows PG in action, so beta will be out next week".

Who cares...

#13 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:43 AM

I'm killing time over at Battlenet with Blizzards Diablo III, btw. Please don't buy it, it's a lousy game and an utter disgrace for a Diablo II sequel. Anyway, they do have Forums there, with Devs issuing bland statements (cleared for publishing by their legal department), with angry Forum denizens complaining about the game (rightfully so), and with full-time Community Managers managing the community badly and irritating everybody in the process. Just this week a new game director introduced himself with a non-annoucement so full of party-line rubbish that only the 2% of the community that had succumbed to Stockholm Syndrome could find something to approve within it.  

I also remember the irascible Mr. Cokecroft back on the TWO Forums, defending the tragical downgrade of TWO12 to the hilt (he called it an upgrade), and swearing to us the holiest of oaths that he cared about the game like it was his baby and that he and a huge team of devs were committed to making it work just right and the we just had to wait and see all the good stuff they had planned. 3 days later he was gone forever and the game was left "as is" until the end.

It would be wrong to assume that game makers are deceitful or dishonest, though. It' just "Forum Dynamics" at work - excited player/members conducting advanced "Kremlinology" on every statement and anxious Devs trying to feed them a little crumb every now and then to keep them interested... an endless, self-perpetrating cycle of teasing, disappointment and renewed hope.

So, if you are a player/member, consider every announcement by a Dev to be - at most - a non-binding declaration of intent that may (and most likely will) be massively altered with time; and NOT a holy promise to be kept to the letter.

And if you are a Dev, try to avoid to pander to the impatients (like me, I confess). Only say something if there is something to say. Silence is not polite, but very often the most productive option.

Having said all that, I must say that I do like the civility of the discourse practiced here on the PP Forums - it's by far the most positive of all Forums I ever attended: The Devs are reasonable and understanding, the members all are respectful and constructive in their comments - and in general nobody here treats others like they are unruly stupid little kids, as it so often happened in other places. This is a mature grown-up zone - I appreciate this a lot and thank you all. 

^_^

• Jimbo63, Unique, Maineah and 2 others like this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#14 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:53 PM

Now that TWO is gone, it seems like there will be a bit of more pressure to PP. Guys, we have a bit of a timeline. I'm sure there is a video already, but I'm also sure they missed the snap by a mile and didn't want to show it cause all you see on the 2nd shot is dirt :D :D

I don't care about all that. I'm waiting for Winter and then hopefully for an alpha or better beta. Who really cares about a video? All it would do is way more pressure as every1 will think: "Oh a video that shows PG in action, so beta will be out next week".

I do.

It shows they can back up what they are telling us, which can only give more confidence to the community. By claiming they have actually done something, offer the evidence and then not make it available achieves the total opposite IMO and then adds more fuel to the posts of the doubters.

They might as well not post that they have this, that and t'other in the pipeline and just post when something is actually available.

I for one got the impression that after the demo video of MJ building a hole in 15 minutes in Course Forge was released, the release of the Unity add-on was only just around the corner and folks began downloading Unity in readiness. The video was released on Jan 7th. Here we are 5 months later and still no Course Forge.

;)

• nightowl likes this

#15 Jimbo63

Jimbo63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationManchester, England

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

There is no point in rushing out something that will not work properly. If they only have a small dev team it is bound to take a long time. I am sure it will be released once it is working correctly. I can understand the impatience, but a good end result will be worth the wait.

#16 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:50 PM

There is no point in rushing out something that will not work properly. If they only have a small dev team it is bound to take a long time. I am sure it will be released once it is working correctly. I can understand the impatience, but a good end result will be worth the wait.

The Course Forge obviously works. Look at the stuff MJ has already churned out with it. Surely this would be a good time to release it as BETA WIP and get folks to use it and report back with issues. Fix it some more and release an updated version. This seemed to be the way things were going per the email in February that all the Kickstarter pledgee's received, but alas no.

I appreciate they are only a small DEV Team, but the community is here to help.

As for the video. I'm not asking for a fully working game to play. We were told shots had been hit in the game environment and a video would follow of a hole being played. I don't care if the clip doesn't have all the bells and whistles, I don't expect it to have. Would just be nice to see some WIP.

;)

#17 TheLighterDark

TheLighterDark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:59 AM

As for the video. I'm not asking for a fully working game to play. We were told shots had been hit in the game environment and a video would follow of a hole being played. I don't care if the clip doesn't have all the bells and whistles, I don't expect it to have. Would just be nice to see some WIP.

Exactly. Almost all games that will be backed by large community support during Beta have Alpha video releases just to show how far they have progressed. I'm expecting the same from PP.

n2o7ldH.png

#18 garynorman

garynorman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationBedfordshire, England

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:48 AM

The Course Forge obviously works. Look at the stuff MJ has already churned out with it. Surely this would be a good time to release it as BETA WIP and get folks to use it and report back with issues. Fix it some more and release an updated version. This seemed to be the way things were going per the email in February that all the Kickstarter pledgee's received, but alas no.

I have a feeling that when a beta of this is released, you will need to be tied in to some sort of kickstarter pledge to participate...

#19 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:01 PM

Personally I'd like to start sharing things with the Community now. I'm thinking of a situation much like 'Project Cars' (google it) where people who contribute at an early stage get access to some stuff right now and then get credit when the final game is released. We have a bunch of stuff that people could at least be looking at and playing around with even if it was just flying around and firing some balls in our lovely environments and courses

• Jimbo63, Unique, oZZeus and 2 others like this

#20 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:48 PM

Your sentiment is mutual, Mike, thank you. Share away, please, by all means! Not just personally, but also officially.

Many lost souls in PC golf limbo would be very grateful.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users