#21 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:49 PM

Yeah go for it :D

Mike, if there would be any way to do so, I would be too excited. If not I can stand it, hardly, but it would be ok. It would be ok with me to get nothing but a driving range and fire some balls. Lots of things users could see with only that.

• HalkeFralg likes this

Who cares...

#22 garynorman

garynorman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationBedfordshire, England

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:07 PM

I think that I've said before to Andrew that I would be happy to contribute towards the cause, as the PC golfing community needs this game...

Personally, I'd happily take a beta version with the odd issue to iron out here and there (and in the process help iron out those issues), rather than have to wait a long time for a final version.

Many hands make short work (or something similar) :)

#23 Mick-S

Mick-S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationDevon.u.k / born London

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:47 PM

sounds good, see you mentioned PCars, invested about a year ago, they raised 2,317,150 euros from members,

so would be glad to invest in PP to give feed back. 

#24 HalkeFralg

HalkeFralg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:57 PM

I think some sort of beta would be great. This community seems like it would be a great resource not only in creating content in CF, but also in helping to get the game up to snuff and ready for release.

#25 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:58 PM

Sounds like there s some progress taking place behind the scenes!
  • fungolfer likes this

#26 woodworkery

woodworkery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:31 PM

This is true , put it out there, let the people play it, get feed back from the players. Fine tune as the game grows. The waiting and putting off is just going to frustrate people, thinking your just making excuses 

#27 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:38 PM

Personally I'd like to start sharing things with the Community now. I'm thinking of a situation much like 'Project Cars' (google it) where people who contribute at an early stage get access to some stuff right now and then get credit when the final game is released. We have a bunch of stuff that people could at least be looking at and playing around with even if it was just flying around and firing some balls in our lovely environments and courses

That sounds like although you would be happy to share now, this may not be the view shared by the rest of the PP Dev Team. If it's not, what would be the major stumbling block to being able to share something with the community at this juncture?

Also, are you able to confirm if Joe is still on board and contributing towards the 3D and animation aspects and also Chris, who I believe was looking at coding and all the intricacies that involves?

B)

#28 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:26 AM

Actually Daz, I think this is something that all the team wants, it's just a matter of getting the systems in place to allow it happen. As for the team let's just say our team is larger now than at any time before and we have multiple ridiculously talented programmers now pushing things forward.

• Dazmaniac, JoeF, Maineah and 4 others like this

#29 Forestman

Forestman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:27 AM

Actually Daz, I think this is something that all the team wants, it's just a matter of getting the systems in place to allow it happen. As for the team let's just say our team is larger now than at any time before and we have multiple ridiculously talented programmers now pushing things forward.

Great news!

Please support PERFECT GOLF on STEAM --CLICK ON THE LINK TO SUPPORT: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=116796801&searchtext=golf

#30 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

There are days when someone says something and it puts a big 'Cheshire Cat' grin on your face. The above was one of the those moments.

:D

• Maverick Spirit likes this

#31 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:44 PM

Guessing PP need to protect themselves when releasing betas etc?

Also on other games I've done a bit of testing on, the odd rogue flouts their position and breaks NDAs, which puts everything back behind closed doors.....and spoils it for the rest.
  • oZZeus likes this

#32 Gene315

Gene315

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:00 PM

I think it would be great if they put out one hole that we could practice on.

#33 Mav78

Mav78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationNewport, Wales

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:03 PM

come on! give us a little teaser trailer, were dying here!

#34 Brucey Mc

Brucey Mc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationTeesside, UK #UTB

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:09 PM

Don't know about anyone else but I'm more than happy to pay a reasonable amount right now for beta versions of course forge and the terrain importer.

• garynorman likes this

#35 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:41 PM

come on! give us a little teaser trailer, were dying here!

If you are wanting teaser trailers of Course Forge and the Terrain Importer Tool, there already some available here on this site in the Videos section.

;)

• Mav78 likes this

#36 ArisFuser

ArisFuser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:17 AM

Those videos just make me realize how huge the potential of this sim will be. I hope it doesn't turn to be vaporware,...I would happily contribute betatesting whatever feature devs consider with the release a closed beta or any other method.

#37 Mav78

Mav78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationNewport, Wales

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:54 PM

If you are wanting teaser trailers of Course Forge and the Terrain Importer Tool, there already some available here on this site in the Videos section.

;)

I tried playing TW14 online last night, for the first time in a while and it's boring, i need a brand spanking new golf game!

#38 Forestman

Forestman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:22 PM

I tried playing TW14 online last night, for the first time in a while and it's boring, i need a brand spanking new golf game!

To me the EA Tiger Woods series is has been so rehashed it's ridiculous. I feel like a cheap budget was implemented to make slight changes, slap a new title, and sell it for full price to gather as much profit as possible.  

• Sinewiz and ArisFuser like this

Please support PERFECT GOLF on STEAM --CLICK ON THE LINK TO SUPPORT: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=116796801&searchtext=golf

#39 ArisFuser

ArisFuser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:11 PM

I feel like a cheap budget was implemented to make slight changes, slap a new title, and sell it for full price to gather as much profit as possible.  

Don't feel it, affirm it. I played TW series until I realized all was being invested on it was a teenager oriented motivational system(named career by devs, of course), where you would advance 220 Yds with a Driver until you spent points on the skill and suddenly you could hit 325 Yds on every shot and win each and every tournament and fill your ego with cups and awards of all kinds...all kind of fancy apparel, clothes and fashion sunglasses, and a graphic system that made it look like a...videogame?...more and more as the franchise evolved...All by the fair price of 49.99 dollars every year. It was like IpoD 3, 4, 5, with the exception of the lack of features...A golf title made by ...money makers, (or golf lovers with a EA pistol pointing to their head)...

• Davefevs likes this

#40 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:31 PM

Don't feel it, affirm it. I played TW series until I realized all was being invested on it was a teenager oriented motivational system(named career by devs, of course), where you would advance 220 Yds with a Driver until you spent points on the skill and suddenly you could hit 325 Yds on every shot and win each and every tournament and fill your ego with cups and awards of all kinds...all kind of fancy apparel, clothes and fashion sunglasses, and a graphic system that made it look like a...videogame?...more and more as the franchise evolved...All by the fair price of 49.99 dollars every year. It was like IpoD 3, 4, 5, with the exception of the lack of features...A golf title made by ...money makers, (or golf lovers with a EA pistol pointing to their head)...

I think that is how EA roll.

They employ the developers/companies to make the game and want it released on their timeline, irrespective of where the game is at.

NFS: Shift and NFS: Shift 2 are apparently examples of this. Slightly Mad Studios (SMS) developed both games for EA, but felt that neither title was fully finished, so when EA released them, the were full of bugs and had gameplay/physics issues. I think this was enough for SMS as they then branched out on their own and using the World of Mass Development (WMD) portal, set about working on Project: CARS, where they call own their own shots and will release the title as and when it is ready and not when someone like EA says so.

I truly hope PP can have enough financial stability to be able to do the same and not have to look to the likes of EA to help them, as it would be the ruination of all they have put in place so far.

;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users