#101 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:03 AM

You mean like this?  The technology has been around for a while and should be in the new game.. I would think...

I hope we will get realistic shadows. The golfer in that screen shot has a shadow that would only be cast in direct sunlight, not in the shade!  :huh: The golfer's shadow appears to be attached to the golfer's mesh in the same way as in Links 2003, and not actually rendered by a lighting engine at all.

I don't know about Unity, but many new games now have correctly cast shadows, and I think that this will be especially important in a new golf game. It was stated long ago that Perfect Golf would allow the selection of different times of day, and a good lighting engine will be essential to make this look convincing. Hopefully, in the end we'll eventually see real time lighting available. :rolleyes: 

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#102 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:34 PM

I see now... I had always wondered why the golf ball in TWO always had the same shadow, it's attached to the golf balls mesh... Learn something everyday, thanks Acrilix. :)

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#103 =DCS=JoeMamma2

=DCS=JoeMamma2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:40 PM

Will the game allow extended resolutions for triple monitors?

Window 7 Pro

Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5 Motherboard 1150 chipset

Intel Haswell 4770K 4.5 Ghz overclock

16 Gig Ram GSkill 1600

2 way SLI Nvidia 770 4G

Triple Monitor 27" set up

Thanks,

Capt. Stan McBride

#104 woodworkery

woodworkery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:16 PM

I t's not unreasonable for people to be anxious, but you would think some form of the game would be ready 9 holes at least. It's like you keep dangling that carrot  

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

#105 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:57 PM

You mean like this?  The technology has been around for a while and should be in the new game.. I would think...

I meant more that the shadows actually cast from the trees/buildings meant the player appeared to be stood in the shade with shadows cast over him.

Too often in some games, the player character is kind of super-imposed in to the scene and doesn't realistically interact with the surroundings, so he appears as if he is stood in bright sunlight, even though he is standing in the shade, from shadows cast by trees etc.

This is not the greatest example, but here in Links 2003, Bubba is stood in the shadows cast by the trees, but the shadows don't get cast over the animation (excuse the hard player shadow, it's an issue with ATI cards).

Bubba.PNG

#106 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:55 AM

Yes, I see what you mean now...

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#107 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:29 PM

Also thought of something else that we could possibly see and wondered if PP were giving this any consideration, especially whilst they are working on the ball flight/reaction physics.

Allowing the in game ball flight to be adjusted based on course altitude? Like playing courses such as Crans Sur Sierre or Castle Pines, where the air is a little more rarefied and the ball generally fly's that little bit further. Would there be some parameter built in to setting up rounds to specify a 'stock game multiplier' which could replicate playing at altitude compared to sea level?

#108 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:37 PM

Another one.

Will it possible to set the wind direction from any point on the compass, or will you have to set a predominant wind direction like in the APCD?

Only asking as from the first two rounds at Muirfield, the wind has switched 180 degress on day two from day one and it's a totally different course. For me, this would add a lot of realism to the Perfect Golf game, instead of opening up a course to play and having the wind coming from the same direction all the time.

;)

• Davefevs likes this

#109 Guest_Nemesis_*

Guest_Nemesis_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:32 AM

This video shows the correct shadow of the golfer and the ball as it relates to light coming from the sun.  The shadows blend in well too.   This is what we can expect from PG when it's released....and much better grapics as well.

• Redskin likes this

#110 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:38 PM

For all of you pc techies, here is my current set up:

Dell Inspiron 400 (Zino HD)
AMD Athlon X2 dual core 3250e 1.50ghz
3.00 gb (ram I assume)
Built in AMD Radeon HD card

Guessing I'm a little out of date?

#111 JohnEtham

JohnEtham

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:09 PM

I played Tiger Woods PGA Tour Online to a pretty reasonable standard.  If you are looking for another Beta Tester on a PC (Not a MAC) I'd be more than happy to be counted in.

PS - Great looking PP visuals guys, and the nearer it becomes reality, the more will flock.

Thanks

JohnEtham.

#112 Guest_Nemesis_*

Guest_Nemesis_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:45 PM

It's like waitng for Christmas John.  ;)

#113 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:44 AM

Nah..  we may actually get something we want... if not need!

:D

#114 Guest_Nemesis_*

Guest_Nemesis_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:25 AM

For all of you pc techies, here is my current set up:

Dell Inspiron 400 (Zino HD)
AMD Athlon X2 dual core 3250e 1.50ghz
3.00 gb (ram I assume)
Built in AMD Radeon HD card

Guessing I'm a little out of date?

Yikes!   Plenty of W7 64 bit machines online for less than $400.00 with really decent on-board video modules, quad cores and 6 to 8 GB RAM.

#115 Forestman

Forestman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:33 PM

Yikes!   Plenty of W7 64 bit machines online for less than $400.00 with really decent on-board video modules, quad cores and 6 to 8 GB RAM.

Yes you need an update. :)

Please support PERFECT GOLF on STEAM --CLICK ON THE LINK TO SUPPORT: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=116796801&searchtext=golf

#116 Splash

Splash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationUSA / Michigan

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:07 AM

Wow my thumbs are wore out, lol. Time really drags along when your waitin for somethin, just bored thought I'd pop in. My system is ready to go. lol .... anyhow peace peeps hope to see you all soon on the greens, its gonna be a blast again, I can feel it .... Take care all.

AMD 8350 @ 4.8 / XSPC Raystorm H2O Kit & RX240 Radiator

ASRock 990FX Extreme 9

Kingston HyperX Beast 1866 CL 9-10-11 @ 1.5 volt

EVGA 980ti Classified @ 1521 / 1.21 volt

2 Kingston 3K 120 GB SSD's [System & Game Drives]

CoolerMaster Silent Pro 1000w PS

CoolerMaster HAF 922 Case

Panasonic 55 inch Viera Plasma 60Hz [DSR 3840 x 2160 - 60Hz for gaming]

7.1 Realtek Onboard / Optic Cable to ONKYO 1000w Rec. @ 24Bit / 192

7 Terabyte of Western Digital & Seagate SATA Storage

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

Charter Cable Internet / 65MB sec. Down & 5MB sec. Up

#117 Guest_Nemesis_*

Guest_Nemesis_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:47 AM

Dave.  Find a desktop with Windows 7 Home Premium with the specs below.

Dual or Quad processor with 2.8Ghz ea. core (or better)

6 or 8GB Memory

Onboard video 560MB shared Memory or buy a standalone video card. (we'll help you in the forum to choose one - you also have to consider a new Power Supply).

A few USB ports, a standard CD/DVD R/W optical drive and hardwired Ethernet card.  If you must go wifi then buy a PC with is a wifi card and hardwire Ethernet card.

Don't waste your money on any software packages while checking out the desktop computer. No extra bells and whistles like Blue Ray DVD, thumbprint security devices or any crap. No case accoutrements such as digital readouts for mobo, cpu and memory heat senors. All this stuff is a waste of dough. 

#118 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:52 PM

Anyone run the alpha physics using a Intel Hd4000 onboard graphics? A mate is getting rid of their laptop and that's what's inside?

#119 FOG-Daheee

FOG-Daheee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBudapest

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:02 PM

Just signed up for this, and a few of my team members as well. The market is crying out for a good golf sim since EA ruined it IMO. 

I was a long time PC golfer starting in 1999 with Jack Niclaus 6, now that was something back then to play with other guys from around the world. So good in fact that it nearly ruined my life :blink:  I then moved on to Links 2003 and then TW08. Since then I have been waiting for a good sim and I so hope that this will be it. If you guys get this right then you could make alot of money and I wish you all the best in your quest. :)

Regards.

#120 Forestman

Forestman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:42 PM

Sure is quiet around here... :(

Please support PERFECT GOLF on STEAM --CLICK ON THE LINK TO SUPPORT: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=116796801&searchtext=golf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users